“Great service”

SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Reviewed 26 September 2012

SpringHill Suites made a good impression from the very beginning. We flew into the city in the morning, and were able to check into our hotel. Then the management gave us ideas for meals, a map of the city and helped us find our way around. Each morning and evening they greeted us pleasantly and asked about our day. The rooms were clean, lots of pillows on the beds and ample space. (Be sure to take your own hair-dryer.) A frosted window-wall separated the sleeping area from the sitting area, but we had to turn out the light so it wouldn't bother our son when he went to bed. Wireless was very good during our stay. A hot breakfast was served each day, but it didn't vary much from one morning to the next. The manager was on-duty, greeting diners and asking if we needed anything. The location was good with easy access to the airport, many restaurants, I-70 and I-270. Our only complaint was an awkward arrangement of the shower/toilet space. But we'd stay there again. Good value.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 September 2012

I've stayed in a lot of hotels for vacation travels and to do concert road-trips. I LOVE Spring Hill Suites. They have a nice living-room style area and the tv swivels between it and the sleeping area. The bathrooms are nice and roomy and this one has a sizable walk-in shower. The rooms are modern but comfortable and I always sleep well on their beds. They have a MP3-player-enabled alarm clock which is a nice addition. The rooms also have a microwave, fridge and small sink and counter near the door.

This is not the first time I have stayed in this hotel, but its features and the proximity to Riverport for concerts make it an excellent place to stay. I was also pleasantly surprised during this recent stay to find out that not only did they leave all of the things you'd need to make coffee or tea in the morning, they left plastic silverware and microwaveable plates in the microwave. Since I had brought some leftover food back to the room, this was great because by the time the concert was over, I was hungry and wanted to heat up and eat the rest of my food for a little snack, but usually hotels don't have plates and silverware available for this except in the morning, let alone in your room and right there in the microwave. It was a nice touch and it definitely made my evening better.

1  Thank Mariabronn
Reviewed 27 August 2012

The hotel is nice - lobby looks classy and the decorating was nice throughout. Overall a very good experience. The room has a living room with a kitchenette (which is a sink, mini-fridge, and microwave) in the front with a half wall seperating it from the 2 queen beds. It was spacious - my family of 5 (plus the baby) fit just fine. Large showers. Tiny swimming pool. Good free breakfast (waffles, eggs, cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, etc.). Staff doesn't pay attention to the do not disturb sign though so watch out. As for the location it was right off I-70 which made things easy. Its also right down the street from the St. Louis Rams Training Camp.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

For a mid-range hotel chain, SpringHill Suites has a pretty upscale feel. This property is decorated in a very contemporary European style. When I went down for breakfast I felt like I was in a restaurant in Amsterdam. The suite-style rooms are spacious and one doesn't feel all cramped. Overall, a good value and with the free breakfast, even more so.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We had never stayed in a Springhill Suites before staying here. We were pleasantly suprised at just how clean, professional and nice the entire facility was. We were there for an event and needed a place that would accept a family of 5. While one room probably would have been plenty comfortable, we found the rates to be so reasonable, that when we arrived and liked the room, we rented the one adjoining also. This allowed our family of five to be extremely comfortable for the week, with 6 beds total and 2 baths. The maid service was excellent and the front desk staff always greeted us with a smile as we came and left. The breakfast was nice with plenty of choices for my growing boys, and best of all the area was kept clean along with the tables. The pool was smaller than our own backyard pool so my kids chose not to bother with swimming. My husband and I both enjoyed the clean workout room. All in all, this was an excellent place for my family's stay and we will look for another Springhill Suites our next vacation.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

...wireless service. It is TERRIBLE. I have stayed here over 40 times, so this is not a random situation. It is so bad that I purchased my own mobile hotspot. Why do I still stay here then, you ask? On Rider Trail rd it is the best hotel by far. It is clean. The room is the best design for the money. The breakfast area is really clean and friendly (there is a wonderful Japanese lady who runs it). Fix the wireless and I would rate excellent.

Room Tip: I prefer walk in shower roominess to bathtubs. Make sure you specify.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This hotel looks almost scary from the outside, but the lobby area and staff are quite warm. The staff is actually what makes this hotel.

So, pros and cons of this hotel:

Pros: The room is spacious. Two queen beds, sitting area with desk and "kitchen" area, and large bathroom area. Plenty of room to move around. Breakfast is nice- more than your typical hotel breakfast- serving actual hot foods almost every day. The bathroom has a separate sink/mirror area from the shower/commode area (A feature I like with myself, hubby and teenage boy in one room.) And again, staff is great. Maid service was good. We had left the "no service" sign on our door one day, and the front desk called and left a message to let them know if we needed anything (towels, shampoo, etc) since we had declined the service that day. They went out of their way to greet us coming in and going out.

Cons: Where there were a lot of pluses, the negatives keep me from giving it more than an average rating. Simple things: The refrigerator is a smaller dorm-type refrigerator, even though there is plenty of room for a larger one. The mirror/sink area is right off the bedroom area and the light in that area is VERY bright. So, if one person is sleeping and another needs to wash hands/remove contacts/brush teeth the light is quite annoying to the person sleeping. The large shower has one little shelf.... right next to the shower head. So what, you say? Well, when conditioning your hair, or shaving your legs, it's just the worst place for the shelf. As large as it is, a small shelf on the other side would not take away form the shower at all. The breakfast only runs until 9:30 am. We were there for a hockey tournament, and some nights we do not get back until 1 or 2 in the morning. That extra half hour most places serve breakfast would have been nice. And, the internet is very slow and falls off frequently.

And then there were the BAD things- ants in the kitchen, loud plumbing in the walls every morning at 6:14 am (ugh), and our toilet handle broke. Now, the front desk sent someone to fix it while we were out, but when we called down to tell them what had happened, they acted like it happens all the time- which doesn't surprise me since the handle was plastic.

If I were in the area again, I might give it another chance, but I'd check to see the prices at other hotels first.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#1 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#2 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Courtyard St. Louis Airport/Earth City

Been to SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City? Share your experiences!