“almost a home run except for thermostat unit”

SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Dayton, Ohio
“almost a home run except for thermostat unit”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This place is in a good location and had one of the better complimentary breakfast I have had.
I would have been in better spirits had I slept better but thermostat units were broken and it was a bit warm there. Staff did offer a discount for broken thermostat and was very receptive in general. Very nice bathroom and shower.
All in all good place to stay at reasonable rate!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Let me start out by saying that I'm appalled by the way they run this hotel. We arrived late and didn't get to the room for a good 30 mins. Cindy decided to check in other patrons while she told us to have a seat because there was a problem. I did my reservation on hotels.com. I frequently stay at hotels and this is the first time I've had a problem with a reservation. I heard Cindy and Ryan talking, and saying to each other, "who was working on the earlier shift and why wasn't this taken care of"? So they are talking amongst themselves in front of hotel guests and bashing the other workers. Also, this hotel has shuttle service, but if you're flying out early, shuttle is not available on Saturday-Sunday. Really??? The shuttle runs from 8am-10:30pm on weekends! Ridiculous for a Marriot! So I will have to eat it and get a cab in the AM. We get into the room and there is only one towel. LOOOOL... I will never recommend this hotel to anyone. PATHETIC!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff! We were welcomed warmly upon our late arrival. Our room was clean and had everything we needed. King bed was comfy - room was very cool (just like we like it)! they also had extra blAnkets handy for any cold natured guests! Large walk in shower. Heard no noise from hallway or above. Didn't eat the buffet, but it was busy with guests enjoying it when we left at 8:00.

Interesting note: when you turn onto rider trail, look for the St. Louis rams headquarters - it's right across the street from McDonald's.

• Stayed September 2013
Mandeville, Louisiana
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Chose this as a stopping place on a long drive. Glad we did. The room was very comfortable although a bit stark for my taste. The design, however, is impressive. The combination sitting-work area with sofa and mini-kitchen optimizes the space. Like the sink are outside of the shower-toilet room. This is just about the optimal design for a multi-day stay. The quality of the free breakfast was above what I expected. There was a staff person dedicated to restocking and clean-up who did a very good job. There were lots of youngsters there on a Friday night for a soccer tournament, and she still managed to keep up with the resulting chaos and cleaning.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for the restaurant list. There isn't much in the immediate vicinity.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The night of our stay was good, but nothing out of the ordinary. Nice clean rooms, good clerks, etc, but the next morning made it an excellent stay. The breakfast was delicious, and being a late riser, there was still plenty of great food close to the 9:30 breakfast closing time. The morning clerk gave us great details on our questions about finding shopping, etc for our day. This made our stay a very pleasant one, and though in future trips to St. Louis I might try other hotels, this one is a Very Good one, and I do recommend it! Also, the beds were very comfortable for my picky husband and I. We both slept great, and it was a very quiet, tucked away hotel. Looking back, I'm really glad we stayed at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We came to St. Louis to see a concert at the Verizon Theater…. booked this hotel at the last minute. Great deal. There were five of us so the two queen beds and pull out sofa were perfect. Great modern interiors. Teenager daughters very impressed with the wi-fi, glass shower enclosure and TV. Awesome breakfast - I had oatmeal with choc chips, almonds and cranberries plus there were scrambled eggs. Very nice hotel. Attentive staff - quickly brought us extra bedding and towels. I will look for more SpringHill Suites in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank VicHicks
North Little Rock, Arkansas, Usa
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Typical Marriott property, clean, helpful employees. Rooms and lobby have been updated as most have. Springhill Suites are one of my favorite places to stay while traveling. The only negative to this visit is that it is a little hard to find the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Courtyard St. Louis Airport/Earth City
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St...
#14 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverport
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverp...
#11 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Airport - Riverport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#13 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Holiday Inn Airport West
Holiday Inn Airport West
#2 of 5 in Earth City
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City? Share your experiences!