“More Than I Expected”

SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were traveling with our daughter and grandsons. We needed a room that would sleep five. This hotel was perfect! It had a great lobby, very friendly staff. Our nine year old grandson remarked "This is a nice place!", as we arrived inside. (we have stayed in some less than decent places) The suite was very modern, was exceptionally clean. Two beds, sofa bed with chaise lounge, desk, hi-tech flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, and a bar sink. Breakfast had eggs, Canadian bacon, toast, waffles, muffins, hot and cold cereal, fresh fruit,(strawberries, pineapple) juice, yogurt, coffees, etc..

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
mary T, Manager at SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you (and your grandsons) comments on our hotel! We are delighted you had an exceptional stay and had a chance to enjoy our spacious rooms and our new breakfast buffet. Everything we do is aimed at making your stay enjoyable. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to the area!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed here while in town for business. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I stayed in a King room and the room was very comfortable and spacious. However, the room was not the cleanest. I was also surprised when I found the ironing board and it was full of stains. Possibly my largest issue with my stay was not the fault of the hotel. I woke up to a rotten smell in my room and I searched everywhere thinking food was left behind by the previous guest. I was unable to find anything and left for the office, when I walked out doors a rancid rotten smell was in the air causing me to almost vomit. Apparently there is landfill close to the property and on windy days it tends to smell in the area. The staff informed me that this is something the landfill is fixing.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DHunterC
mary T, Manager at SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback and have addressed the ironing board and cleanliness issues with Housekeeping and corrective action has taken place. These issues are not up to the standard you, or we expect to provide our guests. We hope you give us another try if your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

As most others have commented, this is a very nice, clean and well kept Springhill Suites.
I am a platinum Marriott guy, with over 75-100 nights a year in Marriott’s.
Finding the right Springhill can be tough sometimes, but this is a good one.
IN FACT, I was at the Courtyard for 1 night, and walked over to this Springhill (they are right next to each other), to switch. The desk Mgr was extremely helpful and got me right in.
My switch was mainly due to the dated courtyard, and the wait for the elevator there..
Would recommend this one and stay here again.

PS.. was with my 14 yr old son for a baseball tourney.. he agrees… Springhill over courtyard.

Room Tip: first foor here is easily accessible, and breakfast right down the hall.
1  Thank markv972

Thank you for your feedback. As one of our Platinum Elite members, you expect great service and clean rooms. We are happy to have met those standards for you and your son. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to the Earth City area!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The hotel was convenient to where we needed to go. Matt and Travis were working the front desk when we checked in. They were both very helpful with all the things we needed. Check in was smooth. After we got to the room and inspected it, it was clean and in good repair. We were in room 334. Our room looked out to a residential area so no noise. We were at the end of the hotel. The shower was a walk in, the whole family liked that. Air conditioning was quiet and I was sleeping right beside the unit. The refrigerator kept our drinks cold, micro worked fine too. We needed extra towels, no problem getting them. The pool is very small, but our kids are 9 and 4 and they were fine with it. It has a ledge on one side you can sit on and be in the water. Pool area was clean and plenty of towels.

When we got in and ready for bed, we didn't have enough pillows. Went to the front desk to ask for them and housekeeping got them up to our room in minutes. Here is a fault I find with the room, when I got into bed we noticed a bad smell. I didn't notice any other time in the room but when I got into bed I could smell it. It didn't last long but it was pretty bad. I got out of bed a few times and I would only notice it when I lay down. I don't know what it might be, the boys on the sleeper sofa didn't notice it. Maybe the mattress is getting old as it wasn't as comfortable as most Marriott beds.

Breakfast was ok. The staff kept everything refilled and the tables wiped down quickly. The food they served was good, my minor issue is that no meat served. Sausage gravy and biscuits was as close at it came to meat. Not a lot of seating though, we had to wait for seats. And it didn't help that several people were just visiting while guests were standing around waiting for seating to open up. There was two seating areas one off to the side with long tables and the other in the dining area that was tables and chairs. We were there on a weekend with sporting events going on and that probably was why it was so busy.

This hotel worked for us and I would stay here again, just maybe not in room 334. All the staff was very helpful, especially Matt and Travis.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
mary T, Manager at SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you for your comments on the hotel. We are pleased you received outstanding service from Matt and Tavis. They truly enjoy helping our guests as you experienced firsthand. Please accept our apologies for the room odor. The situation has been addressed with both housekeeing and maintenance. You are a valued guest and take your comments seriously. We hope you will stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Due to business needs I travel to St. Louis every week. I stay at this hotel each time. I tried the Courtyard and Embassy suites a couple times but for the money they weren't worth it. Springfield Suites is by far more worthwhile. The rooms are clean and roomy although just a bit dated, free wifi that actually works and a decent breakfast for a small buffet. There's a comfortable lounge area in the lobby if you want to meet with folks or just hang out. I think the best part was the staff, all of them were very cheerful and helpful. The location, as least for me, is perfect, close to work and the airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jon_and_stephanie
mary T, Manager at SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

We appreciate your positive comments on our location, ammenities, breakfast and staff service. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. Thank you!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

The hotel was clean, comfortable, and the staff was very courteous. My room was always cleaned thoroughly and was never disturbed in the early hours by housekeeping. The front desk staff were very helpful; One person in particular was Kyle. I had forgot to print off business documents and he assisted me. I worked late in the lobby and noticed that he had a great work ethic and seemed to have genuine knack for the industry. Overall this property has a great value and lives up to the SpringHill Suites name. I would also like to mention that although it seems to be very close to the interstate, there was minimum noise level and very easy highway access. I would highly recommend this property to my business colleagues as well as friends. I travel quite a bit for my industry, 30-45 nights per year, and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ryan L
mary T, Manager at SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

We are delighted your stay with the SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City was enjoyable, we take great pride in our staff service as indicated by your comments about Kyle. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future!

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Very basic amenities. I was expecting more. Everything is very basic. Photos on the website look much better than the real thing. Swiming pool is a joke. It's a small pond. No restaurant. Basic gym.breakfast is basic but good.

Will not recommend for business travel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Qamar A
mary T, Manager at SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Springhill Suites Earth City. I apologize we did not meet your expectations for an exceptional stay. While we provide a clean, comfortable hotel with a hot continental breakfast, we do not have a restaurant on site. We do offer The Bistro located in our Courtyard Hotel located next door. I apologize if this was not conveyed to you during your stay. I understand we unfortunately did not offer the pool size or exercise facility you were looking for and for that I am sorry. But thank you for appreciating our cleanliness, friendly staff and good breakfast. Please feel free contact me directly if you would like to discuss further. Thank you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Airport - Riverport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#12 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverport
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverp...
#11 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Courtyard St. Louis Airport/Earth City
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton

Been to SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City? Share your experiences!