“Packer Pre-Season Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Naperville, Illinois
“Packer Pre-Season Hotel”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed at the Springhill Suites in Earth City for two nights in mid-August so we could see the Packers pre-season game against the St. Louis Rams. Easy 15-18 minute ride to the Dome. The hotel was very nice, quiet and well appointed. The free breakfast was plentiful, had good selection and continually refreshed. There was plenty of room in the breakfast area, with plenty of Packers fans too! We inquired about a good place to get carry out pizza and they gave us two, with a big recommendation for one. We went with the latter both nights, the pizza was excellent (Brickhouse Pizza).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
mary T, Manager at SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to breakfast with other Packers fans! What a great bonus! We also appreciate the feedback on our outside restaurant recommendations which will be passed on to other guests. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 August 2014

After staying @true SpringHill Suites in Cincy & elsewhere I was appalled that this property could masquerade as one! Our shower had a very large jagged crack running through the diameter. We reported this to the desk clerk upon checkout & only response was "Yeah, we have several rooms like that"! This would never be the response @Hampton Inn which would have comped room if you're not 100% satisfied. Bkfst area was small & cramped...would love to know what hotel chain this was prior to current. Interestingly, Marriott never sent me a survey after even though I'm a rewards member!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Proseco
mary T, Manager at SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
I apologize for the issue with the shower floor, we have addressed with engineering and are correcting the problem. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you will give us another try the next time you visit the area.
Lehi, Utah, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and it was great for our needs. Breakfast on Sunday morning offered waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, cereal, juice, coffee, breads, muffins and oatmeal with several toppings. Monday morning had the same variety minus the waffles and more of a fruit selection. The beds were very comfortable with 4 pillows per bed. The fold out bed was to be expected, not super comfortable, but better than the floor. We also used a port a crib for our baby that was very clean. We needed a plunger one night and they came right up and took care of it. Overall very happy with the hotel. Only reason we may not return would be because of the pool. It is very small, about the size of 3 queen size beds put together. My 4 yr old and 7 yr old enjoyed it. Luckily there were only 2 other little girls in the pool at the same time. They still had to take turns jumping in so they didn't land on one another. The water looked very murky too so we had them take a bath as soon as they got out. No hot tub, which was a disappointment. Other than the pool, it is an excellent option for price, quality and cleanliness.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
While the size of the pool did not fit your needs, we are pleased you enjoyed our breakfast options. We also thank you for your comments about the hotel cleanliness and will share your thoughts with our housekeeping staff! We hope to see you again!
kitchener
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed there on a weeknight. I don't go through the priceline sites when I'm travelling with my wife and kids because there's 6 of us and I don't want to get burned with the bedding so I always look for a room with at least 3 beds. I guess my biggest beef with this place was the value I got for the money - very pricy for a Marriott property, but too much of the old stuff on the inside (air flow, furniture, bedding) - I would compare this on an equal level to a simple Best Western - really no difference other then a 50% hike in price.

Room Tip: don't know...we were on the third floor and it was quiet enough for our needs
1 Thank little_CRO
mary T, Manager at SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations for an exceptional stay and appreciate your feedback regarding the value we provide. You are a valued guest, and we hope that you will give us another try the next time your visits bring you to the area.
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I had a good rate on this hotel so I was very pleased with this hotel. The rooms are great with a contemporary flair. It's really nice to have a small seating area with a sofa. this hotel is basically new or at least appeared new. The bed was very comfortable. My only issue was the family above us had kids and we could hear them walking back and forth across the floor. I have a brand new GPS and this was the only hotel out of our 15 stays that would not show up and it can be a little tricky to get to. I would definatly stay here again.

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel twice in one week because of my travel plans. On Monday the room was clean and big. It was worth the price and the breakfast was good and well presented. The staff was professional and my wife and I were quite happy with our experience.

We liked it so much that we came back on Friday night. There was a family reunion going on that weekend and they took over the hotel. I had to push my way through to check in and the room I received wasn't on the same level as the room I had 4 days earlier. The chair creaked so loudly that it woke my wife up when I sat in it the next morning. Doors were being opened and slammed shut all evening. A group of people sat outside below my window and were loud and boisterous until 1 in the morning and they were only broken up after I had to call and ask that they be quieted. The breakfast area was a zoo. People pushing, crowding around the food stations, and being very loud. Checking out meant wading through all of the people using the lobby as a gathering spot. I had to push my way through with my bags just to leave.

If you're traveling during the week, it is a very professional and nice hotel. Beware the weekends when large families invade and take it over.

Room Tip: Don't stay during a weekend.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Me and my wife stayed here in January 2014 for her birthday. The hotel is very modern and was also very clean. The staff was also great. There are lots of restaurants and stores in the area and the highway was nearby. The only thing we didn't like was the small pool. We were actually going to get in but the water looked a little murky. However, if we were in St. Louis again, I would check this hotel for availability first.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Courtyard St. Louis Airport/Earth City
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverport
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverp...
#11 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St...
#14 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Airport - Riverport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#12 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City? Share your experiences!