“Nightmare With Making Reservation - Stay, No Way!!!!”

Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I called in late February to book our reservation for April 13-15th as my husband and I are going to the NRA Convention in St Louis. I told the man when I made the reservation with him that we are attending this event and specifically stated the month and dates we needed. When I received my confirmation email, however I did not open it for a few weeks as I was afraid of loosing my email When I opened it, I noticed it was for March rather than April (and that March date passed) Our credit card was already charged. I called the reservation number back and they said they could not do anything for me and that I had to call the hotel directly. I spoke to Yolanda who then gave me the managers email I sent him an email stating a mistake had been made. He responded to me and gave me a number to call. Yolanda re-booked our room for the right day and a confirmation number was given- The manager said he would include breakfast as a courtesy for all the trouble. When I called the number the manager gave me, the lady was really nice and told me the process that was needed to get a refund, luckily we got the full refund. Then, we went over our new confirmation and made sure everything was in place for our up comming stay. A day later my husband gets a call from a reservation specialist who told him that they needed to book us in another Crown Plaza Hotel even farther away from where we were staying because our reservation was given to someone else. I can't believe that booking a hotel reservation could be so difficult. Needless to say we are not going to stay at this hotel rather we will stay at a Hampton Inn

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank resquu2006
HotelManager09, General Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Hello Ressguu2006,

I did a little research after reading this today and I can't find any details. I don't have anyone on staff named Yolanda so I think you may have the wrong hotel. We are sold out this weekend due to the many events going on in town, but we certainly have not moved any guests to other hotels. I am concerned about your experience though and want to make sure you have a room for the weekend. Please feel free to call me directly at the hotel at 314-291-6700.

Mikki O'Brien

Reviewed 6 April 2012

another hotel where everything works they way you want and expect
super friendly staff, great eats, super clean.
a few small drawbacks-
not enough light in the room or bathroom
and for a frequent traveler like me
they need the elevator sign in their hallway
as it is in the middle of the floor
when you're on the go, these things matter and
you have to stop and look at room numbers to navigate to it
gets a bit tricky, but on the whole,small stuff, great stay!

Room Tip: i come from new orleans, so st louis was cold for me in early april i had the heat on the whole tim...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This was the first time we stayed at a Crowne Plaza Hotel. The public areas of the hotel were nice. The first thing I did notice as we came through the door was an odor of smoke. The people behind the front desk were very friendly and helpful. We have stayed at other hotels in the airport area and I can say we won't be back to this one. We usually stay at a hotel by the airport before we fly out the next day. With that being said, the rooms, beds and pillows are very important to us. The bed was not very comfortable and the pillows were nearly flat. The room also showed its age and use. The hotel bar was nice with a friendly barkeep. We did eat at TGIF, it's in the hotel. There was another time when we were standing in a public area of the hotel and we were picking up a smell of someone smoking. We had to call and wait way too long to catch the hotel shuttle back to the hotel. We do have a favorite hotel in the Bridgeton area where we have stayed at, sorry Crowne Plaza we always compare other hotels to our favorite.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank flamingotravel
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Dear flamingotravel,

Thank you for staying with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed here in January on my way to Vegas. I decided to go for a second time when traveling for Business. I worked at the airport all week so the location was perfect. The shuttle to the airport was timely and efficient.

The TGIF in the hotel is a nice bonus and the staff at the hotel bar is awesome.

The rooms are very nice, extremely clean. For some reason on my last day, they took all the towels out of the room and didn't replace them, but a quick call took care of that issue.

When I travel back through STL, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank EnTee77
Reviewed 14 March 2012

This is one of these large hotels with a huge foyer and atrium area. Despite being older they have been able to maintain things pretty well. However, the room plumbing is deteriorating (squeaky and stiff faucets) and the TV was a small CRT Zenith that was unwatchable. The hotel has some arrangement with TGIF since ads are everywhere and there is a full menu in the room which unfortunately was out-of-date. There is also an entrance to TGIF from the atrium area of the hotel. My wife and I decided to go there since it was convenient. On arrival we were taken to a table but we preferred to be seated at a booth. The young lady was not too pleased about this as shown by her body language but did take us to a booth. We sat there for about 5 minutes and no server ever approached us, one fellow who served the neighboring table preferred to chat with a friend. We left and went to the Lone Star a few minutes away. and had a wonderful dinner. If you decide to visit, I hope you have a better experience.

This hotel can only be accessed from Lindberg Ave heading south. Be sure to have your GPS with you since it is a crazy area to get around.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ewnaly
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

ewnaly,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received accommodations that were unacceptable. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 14 March 2012

The hotel is nice. The best thing is the free parking, if you plan to fly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bmartin30
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Very pretty hotel Do not recomend the smoking rooms. They really stink. I know they are suppose to because they let people smoke in them. My traveling companion insisted on one. Don't go for it they stink really bad. Missouri allows you to smoke in their restraunts. It has a TGIF in the same building. Had pretty good food but the service was very slow. you can park free at this hotel Free Breakfast Free Shuttle to airport. Would recomend for the price.

Room Tip: Beds are hard. Do not stay in smoking rooms are smell extremly bad.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LittleMiss99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 18 in Maryland Heights

Been to Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!