“Great Hotel.......But”

Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Bridgeton
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stay here at least once a month, helpful staff, great breakfast, quiet, clean, BUT, MY GOD, what is the problem with the huge solid wood doors that guests cannot get the hang of closing softly?!?!, this is an issue every time I stay here, last time I was here, they put me at a room at the very end of the hall, and I thought, oh good, less people down here, but the group of people staying next to me, sounded like at least 5 people, because at around 4:30 in the morning, they started out to catch a flight, I guess, or why would you get up that early? and they went out for coffee, find a paper, who knows, but whenever they shut the door, thay slammed it, and believe me, I know the difference between shutting hard and slamming, unless it was a group of gorillias? I never saw these people, so not sure why they were doing this, but I think that I'm not the only one who has had an issue with these slamming doors, so I cannot understand why the hotel does nothing about this? I stay in hotels every week, and this is the only hotel that has a slamming door issue. I would rate CP a 5, but this is a big problem with this property.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Matt S, Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Hello Scot,

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your loyalty and for the sincere comments as to why you enjoy staying with us.

We greatly apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with the doors. We would be delighted to place you on the 7th floor, which is our quite floor during your next visit. This may alleviate the noise on your next visit.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed here two nights on business. The pros are the rooms are good size and the bartender was very friendly. Cons: Rooms were outdated compared to other similar hotels in the airport (Marriott, etc) who have an updated, fresh appearance. The towels were old and thin and bathtub was worn with chips all over that gave it a dirty appearance. Maid service took our used towels and bathmat but failed to leave us with any clean towels which we didn't notice until early morning. They also didn't empty trash can or provide clean coffee cups. In addition, we had to get fresh room keyes three times because keys would not work after returning to room (even though we kept them away from cell phones). Breakfast buffet had a wide variety but I was unable to take a plate to my room (you can only eat in the restaurant). Not a deal breaker, but other hotels provide a to go box to to take to your room. Parking was also difficult. I would not stay here again with all the other nicer options in the area at comparable prices.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We appreciate the kind words regarding our bartender.

We recently completed a $10 dollar renovation in May 2013 that included remodeling of all 350 guest rooms from floor to ceiling and all public space.

Your comments regarding housekeeping have been reviewed with the staff and we have implemented additional steps to prevent this occurring in the future. We take great pride in cleanliness of our hotel.

We would welcome the opportunity to serve you again. If you would like to speak with me in further detail please do not hesitate to contact me me at 314-291-6700.
Thank you.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stay here 2 or 3 times a year on business. The employees are very friendly and go the extra distance to help with any problems.
The rooms are spacious and quiet. Breakfast and the concierge floor are very good. Convenient having TGIF's in house if there is bad weather. Pool is great and work out room is very adequate.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Matt S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel while in St. Louis for business. Our staff enjoys taking great care of each guest and are committed to ensuring each guest receives excellent service.
We are delighted to hear that our hotel meets your needs and you enjoy all of the amenity's that our hotel has to offer.
We look forward to seeing you back on your next trip to St. Louis!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I was impressed by the accommodations of the hotel. My room was clean with comfortable chairs and the most comfortable bed I have slept in for a very long time. I must say something about the staff, I was always greeted with a smile and a very helpful attitude. If you see Robert or Sheila behind the front desk, be sure to say hello, they were so very helpful, they went out of their way to be helpful. I am sure the other front desk employees would have been helpful also but these are the two who took care of me. The housekeeping staff were also very nice and did a wonderful job also. The only problems I had during the time I was there was the internet, so very slow and hard to log into, and the distance to the restrooms from the conference rooms.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank dolls65109
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I got to stay at the hotel for three days. Breakfast is delicious and the waitresses are so kind. One of the things that I loved from the hotel was its pool which is inside in a comfortable location. The beds are amazing.

Room Tip: Room of the second and third floor have good view to inside the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We opened the door of our room and saw a spacious, corner room with king size bed, windows on two sides, plenty of tables and chairs to put luggage and unpack, coffee and coffee maker, a bathroom with two sinks and large mirrors. Very quiet and the bed was so comfortable, I didn't stir for 10 hours. Beautiful atrium in the lobby area with fountains and large swimming pool connected to TGI Friday's restaurant. Parking is close and plentiful. Maid staff greeted me in the hallway as I entered my room and wished me a nice stay. She also did the same to my husband who came up later. Above and beyond service, I'd say.

Room Tip: We requested a king size bed over the phone ahead of time--they told us it would probably be 2 doubl...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leslie1957
Matt S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

We are glad that you enjoyed your room and the view along with all of the amenities that our hotel has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to St. Louis!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband, and I, attended a conference over the weekend. We have friends who stay here and absolutely love it, so we booked a room for two nights. The hotel was newly renovated in the last two years, or so. So, it is beautiful. The room was immaculate.
There were two things that bothered us. First: we felt that the bed was hard and the linens were cheap. So we didn't sleep well at all. Second, we had fresh towels that smelled like body odor. We did call the front desk to get clean towels, and the hotel staff responded quickly.
This leads to a positive feature of the hotel ~ great customer service. The staff were extremely friendly, and efficient when we had a request. Overall, our experience was good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the review. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and ensuring every guest has a memorable experience. As you mentioned in your review, our hotel has recently been updated. With new pillow top Serta mattresses and new linens, we are disheartened to hear that you didn't sleep well. We are delighted to hear the staff were responsive to your needs and your overall experience was good!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#4 of 18 in Maryland Heights

Been to Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!