“Loved it”

Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I came just needing a nice relaxing weekend away from work and absolutely loved this hotel. The staff are super friendly and helpful. They all went above and beyond to make my stay as comfortable as possible. Unfortunately there was a hotel full of soccer kids running around the lobby and atrium but once in my room I never heard a peep from them. All in all I think I've found my new favorite hotel when I need some r&r. Definitely will be back

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Spent the weekend for a convention/meeting. Meeting rooms big and clean, water in the back. Smaller meeting room were cozy and worked well for smaller groups & hospitality settings. Saturday night banquet food was better the routine banquet type food. Front desk showed a desire to help and be friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ron D
HotelManager09, General Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

The good: Bed was very comfortable (important!). They have Keurig coffee makers in the rooms. Bartender in TGIF was very friendly. The bad: The place is dated. The common areas had a strong smell of disinfectant. The staff is indifferent. The lounge on the 8th floor charged for a beer (would have been better off going to TGIF for their happy hour). So much for making a platinum member feel special.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Ned S,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review of the hotel. I am pleased to know that you found your bed comfortable.

Please accept our sincerest apology for the inconvenience the level of service and the condition of the common areas may have caused you. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Thank you for being one of our Platinum members and your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope you give us a chance to host you the next time you are in the area.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We could hear our neighbors next to us and those above us. Parking is great once you drive around the block three times to find it. Heating and Cooling system was horrible. Tried to heat the room at night but the air which constantly filters through the room was cold. Nothing I could do would fix it or stop the air from blowing. Front desk personnel were wonderful! Food at breakfast is great. Our room was a suite and in typical (old hotel) fashion they are trying to remake it; but everything was everything. This was my second stay and it will be the last.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Todd M,

Thank you for staying and sharing your experience with us. I am glad that you found our hotel staff wonderful and enjoyed your breakfast. However, it is regretful you were disappointed with the noise and the room temperature. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Faith R

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a quick one night stay before flying to Mexico.

Check in was quick and simple, no problem. Love the Park and Fly option this hotel has.

Room was very old and outdated, and smelled very musty. Pillows were also uncomfortable. A pillow will either make or break your sleep, and their pillows were awful.

The bus shuttle was nice to the airport, very quick service. Even when we landed, it was a 5 minute wait at the most before we were picked up and on our way back to the hotel.

Not the best hotel I've ever stayed in but it served its purpose!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear JennHill88,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a candid review about your experience. We’re happy to know that our location suited your travel needs and that our staff was able to assist you efficiently during your stay. However, I am saddened that you were not satisfied with your room conditions. We’re sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Your feedback is highly appreciated as this is our best source for improvement. We look forward to an opportunity in hosting you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stay here at least once a month, helpful staff, great breakfast, quiet, clean, BUT, MY GOD, what is the problem with the huge solid wood doors that guests cannot get the hang of closing softly?!?!, this is an issue every time I stay here, last time I was here, they put me at a room at the very end of the hall, and I thought, oh good, less people down here, but the group of people staying next to me, sounded like at least 5 people, because at around 4:30 in the morning, they started out to catch a flight, I guess, or why would you get up that early? and they went out for coffee, find a paper, who knows, but whenever they shut the door, thay slammed it, and believe me, I know the difference between shutting hard and slamming, unless it was a group of gorillias? I never saw these people, so not sure why they were doing this, but I think that I'm not the only one who has had an issue with these slamming doors, so I cannot understand why the hotel does nothing about this? I stay in hotels every week, and this is the only hotel that has a slamming door issue. I would rate CP a 5, but this is a big problem with this property.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Matt S, Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Hello Scot,

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your loyalty and for the sincere comments as to why you enjoy staying with us.

We greatly apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with the doors. We would be delighted to place you on the 7th floor, which is our quite floor during your next visit. This may alleviate the noise on your next visit.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed here two nights on business. The pros are the rooms are good size and the bartender was very friendly. Cons: Rooms were outdated compared to other similar hotels in the airport (Marriott, etc) who have an updated, fresh appearance. The towels were old and thin and bathtub was worn with chips all over that gave it a dirty appearance. Maid service took our used towels and bathmat but failed to leave us with any clean towels which we didn't notice until early morning. They also didn't empty trash can or provide clean coffee cups. In addition, we had to get fresh room keyes three times because keys would not work after returning to room (even though we kept them away from cell phones). Breakfast buffet had a wide variety but I was unable to take a plate to my room (you can only eat in the restaurant). Not a deal breaker, but other hotels provide a to go box to to take to your room. Parking was also difficult. I would not stay here again with all the other nicer options in the area at comparable prices.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We appreciate the kind words regarding our bartender.

We recently completed a $10 dollar renovation in May 2013 that included remodeling of all 350 guest rooms from floor to ceiling and all public space.

Your comments regarding housekeeping have been reviewed with the staff and we have implemented additional steps to prevent this occurring in the future. We take great pride in cleanliness of our hotel.

We would welcome the opportunity to serve you again. If you would like to speak with me in further detail please do not hesitate to contact me me at 314-291-6700.
Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!