“Lost Camera in the Hotel Room” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport

Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
“Lost Camera in the Hotel Room”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We checked out on 07-06-2014 Sunday. We left our camera (Canon t3i) in the room #330, when I called Crowne Plaza in the evening, Front desk did not respond well, the call was transferred to Lost & Found, would have called at least 10 times not once they called back.

Monday morning I spoke to Chris in House keeping, he said he would check and get back, never got a call from him when I call it only goes to voicemail, so we went in person, they informed us the camera is not in the room, we are checking and will let you know by end of the day. When I called in evening, again no response.

When I called on Tuesday morning The Executive House Keeper replied that she is going to take care of it. She called back asking if there is any name on it. It took two days for them to ask for a description, I don't know what they were checking till now. She called back in evening and said they could not find it and she is going to check with the room attendant and call me tomorrow. Only after two days you check with your room attendant?

On Wednesday evening she called back to tell they did not find our camera. I called back to talk with any senior manager, Matt from executive office spoke and asked for a day time to investigate on this. Only after I called him on Friday evening and left a message he called back to tell they did not find it. There is absolutely no response from any level. They lack in sense of urgency and responsibility. The camera was left in the room we are sure about it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Mark H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you karthik k for your recent comments, both on IHG and here concerning your lost camera. We, as with any claim must conduct an investigation as there are sometimes incidents where guests may misplace something, thinking it was left at the hotel, for it to turn up somewhere else. We take these matters very seriously and have been in contact with you concerning the camera and the process that we must take to ensure the validity of the claim and the steps needed to submit your claim to our insurance carrier; this is a practice shared by many, if not all hotels. The claim was submitted and you should be contacted by an insurance representative very soon. I apologize this incident of you losing your camera has affected your perception of the Crowne Plaza St. Louis Airport and hope we can work collectively on a viable solution. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

My buddy and I needed a place to stay for one night near the St. Louis airport and I happened to find a 50% off special going on for this Crowne Plaza at the time on Hotels.com. I've stayed at other Crownes before and this one met the same high standards as the others. Nice furnishings, spacious room and bathroom, and most importantly, very clean.

My one recommendation is don't order anything from the T.G.I. Fridays downstairs. It took an hour and a half to get a burger and three smoothies! Other than that, great stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Branson, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I had never stayed at the Crowne Plaza before and we were very pleased with our experience. I do have a couple of addendums to that, they are totally not the Crowne Plaza's Fault, however, but they bear mentioning.
So anyway, the room was clean, the pool was clean, the staff was nice--the kind of nice where they approach you and ask if you have any questions (I was in front of the rack card display for tourists, looking for information on the City Museum and an off duty staff member that was on his way into the gym asked if I needed help--pretty cool!)
the TGIfriday's in the basement was AWESOME. My kids want to eat there all the time now. We always ended up arriving right before closing and they would still sneak us in without complaint and put together some munchies for us. They were great.
Now for my addendums....There were 5 of us. Myself, spouse, and three kids--all teens. I made the reservation through Priceline (which of course won't guarantee you a room with at least two beds, but it was a holiday weekend and all of my usual brands were sold out and everyone else was charging an outrageous amount for similar rooms. So I did the bidding thing with my fingers crossed, got the room for around $90/night and off we went. I did call the hotel and tell them we were coming and specifically requested a room with two beds. I was told that he could note that in the reservation, but that we wouldn't be assigned a room until our arrival and that we would be subject to whatever was leftover. Now I work in the tourism industry myself and I get that, but that knowledge was a little less acceptable when I was sharing the king bed with my husband and one of my teen girls with another daughter curled up on the chair / ottoman and my son on the floor on the pile of pillows from the car. Sigh. I totally accept it as my own responsibility though. I was the one that booked through priceline, I knew the risks, and on the bright side, since they were not able to fulfill my request to put us in a double, we were given a room on the top floor with an amazing view of Saint Louis, so they did what they could with an impossible situation. Will I go back again? Yes probably, but if I have my whole family with me again, I will be booking directly to make sure I get enough beds for everyone!

Room Tip: The rooms on the 8th floor have an amazing view of the city. It is the VIP level with Club Access.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you designgeek for staying with us here at the Crowne Plaza St. Louis Airport. We appreciate you noting we not only met but exceeded your expectations with our overall hotel appearance, cleanliness and staff service. I do apologize for the inconvenience you had for not having a proper bed type for your family. Although you mentioned it was the booking channel challenge and that we accommodated you in other ways, we still want all guests to have a care free enjoyable experience. Now that you have stayed with us, we hope that in the future we will be your hotel of choice when your travels bring you back to the St. Louis areas. Thank you again for staying with us at the Crowne Plaza St. Louis Airport hotel.
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza St. Louis before a 6am flight the following morning. I have always enjoyed Crowne Plaza properties and had high expectations on arrival. The hotel was clean, convenient, and beautiful, as expected! The quiet floor was also very nice and serene, and the amenities were great. The only thing that marred the experience a bit was the staff; upon arrival, we waited at the check-in desk for quite awhile while other guests were taken care of before us, and while a shuttle driver waited to get change for a $20 bill. In the morning, the attitude of the staff (with the full knowledge that yes, it was earlier than 4am), was that we were a bother for asking questions and that we weren't really "guests," but more of a chore to deal with. All in all, we would stay here again, but with the expectation that we won't be treated with the same level of courtesy that we have experienced in other Crowne Plaza (and IHG, for that matter) properties.

Room Tip: The 7th floor is the quiet floor!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Christine C,
Thank you for providing us great feedback from your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza St. Louis Airport hotel. It was great we exceeded your expectations upon arrival as you are right we have a beautiful property with a great sense of arrival! I do apologies for your experience with our overnight staff as I assure you that is not our normal practice. We utilize feedback like yours to address with the staff so we can correct that kind of behavior immediately. We are happy to hear this isolated incident will not deter you from staying with us again in the future and look forward to a return trip very soon! Thank you.
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

The shuttle to and from airport was great. I was made to feel very welcome at check in by Cassie. The newly redecorated lobby and public areas are just beautiful. I had a wonderful, spacious newly refurbished room. I wish my stay had been longer. I arrived late and hungry so ate at the TGIFriday's that is part of hotel complex which was very convenient and good.
It is hard to believe this is an airport hotel. I will always choose to stay here on future business trips.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you Reesue for your recent review of your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza St. Louis Airport hotel. As a Top Contributor we are very excited that you noted that we exceeded your expectations as you are correct, you do not find the level of hotels in most airport markets like what we have, which we are very proud of! We have many great features such as a TGIFriday's conveniently located in the lobby of our hotel along with shuttle services, etc. that are great amenities to have for the frequent traveler. We again appreciate such a great review and look forward to many more visits when your travels bring you back to the St. Louis area!
Farmington, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Having to go home for a family issue I booked this reservation the day I was leaving, and was a little leary with a quick glance of the other reviews; BUT I am glad I ignored them and stayed. The room I was given was very clean and extremely well up kept. Someone had some pride in this building. I ended up in an end room with a very spacious balcony, too bad I arrived really late and had an early flight. My only critique of this hotel would be the bed sheets, they are a little rough for my liking, but when traveling out of STL I will definitely return here. Very clean and extremely friendly staff. Thanks!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Mark H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Scott P,
Thank you for staying with us here at the Crowne Plaza St. Louis Airport and providing such a glowing review of your stay! We appreciate both the positive and negative feedback we receive which helps make our hotel that much better for all of our clients to enjoy; as we have generally accommodate eight to ten thousand guests each month that stay with us on average and the reviews posted may not always be true reflection of the hard work and dedication the staff strive for every day. Thank you again for staying with us and glad to hear we will be your hotel of choice when returning back to the St. Louis area!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was nice. This was my first time staying in St. Louis and I was pleased. There's an indoor pool which didn't benefit me much and coffee in the morning. To my surprise they did not have free USA today... I guess that's just something I'm used you as a frequent traveler! They did however sell their local St. Louis paper!

There's an area for you to use a computer and a desk... They even have a large table that a couple people could use. My room was in a "quiet zone" I was very pleased to see that! There's a sign as soon as you exit the elevator letting everyone know that it's a quiet zone. I can't remember exactly but I believe it was the third floor if that interests you.

The bed was comfortable in the room was nice; they provided all the usual amenities.

A good choice for a business traveler I would say .

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Annoinette
Mark H, Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you Annoinette for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza St. Louis Airport hotel. We appreciate you pointing out our great amenities such as our in-door pool, extensive business center and of course our cozy and comfortable beds. With regards to the complimentary USA Today, we do provide free of charge to our valued IHG reward members, so make sure to sign up if you are not a member already so you can enjoy all the perks that come with that great program! Thank you again for staying with us and look forward to seeing you back real soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St...
#14 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!