“8th Floor Club Level”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Fort Worth, Texas
“8th Floor Club Level”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

If your company has a contract with Crowne Plaza, I can tell you that the 8th Floor Club Level is fantastic. It includes breakfast items in the morning and appetizers at night. Truly enjoed my stay and plan to return to this hotel in the future. TGI Friday's is also located on the premises, nice option for dinner.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Nixa, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel has been remodeled fairly recently. Rooms are clean and nice. The location is wonderful if you need to be near the airport. The beds in the double rooms are very small, too cramped for two adults to sleep comfortably, in my opinion. There is a Friday's restaurant attached to the restaurant and a nice breakfast buffet. I must give a shout out to Daniel Rear, who drove the shuttle back and forth to the airport in the middle of the night so I could pick up my daughter. He was by far the friendliest shuttle driver I have ever had!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FlashRiley
Matt S, Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Flash Riley,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us valuable feedback about your stay .We are delighted that you were able to enjoy the restaurants that our hotel has to offer.

We will especially recognize Daniel for making you stay memorable. We welcome the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to St. Louis!
NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

To be clear I was only really using this for a clean bed as my itinerary kept me very busy for the 3 days I was in St. Louis. This was conveniently close to the airport and rental car place and I had a 6am flight so that was a plus. It's generally clean and modern looking from the outside. The parking leaves a little to be desired since much of it is located behind the hotel and you can wind up pretty far away. The staff was very friendly and helpful when I had need to talk to anyone. It was full both nights I was there and there are lots of banquet and conference rooms so there were a lot of gatherings congregating there. My room was on an upper floor with a balcony that opened onto the big interior atrium where the restaurants and pool were located. There was a good deal of constant noise in the evenings and even early Saturday morning (7-7:30am) even with the balcony door locked and the curtains closed. It wasn't unbearable, but it wasn't the quiet I typically expect from a better hotel. The larger issue was the large amount of loud hallway traffic well into both nights Friday and Saturday. Not much you can do to mitigate that-people weren't partying in the halls-and to be fair when the doors were closed I couldn't hear much- but there was a lot of door slamming and when the doors were open the parties in the room were loud. Still young enough to remember being part of those so I didn't complain to the hotel staff-it's more an observation that a big place like this is more likely to have those kind of room parties I guess. The room itself was generally clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean and housekeeping was good. It lost one full circle because as I was checking out at 4:30am I saw one lone cockroach (my best guess) crawling up the wall behind the room desk. That doesn't freak me out or anything-but I was glad I was on the way out. I was going to let them know but there was somebody checking out at the front desk as I was leaving and I just wanted to get on the road. It was a bad place by any means, but I'll likely book elsewhere in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a front room if you want to avoid the noise of the atrium side...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank RepomanNJ
Mark H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you repomanNJ for staying at the Crowne Plaza St. Louis Airport hotel. I apologize your stay was disrupted unnecessarily and did not get to experience the hotel and all it has to offer. The hotel generally is very busy with our 350 rooms along with our large banquet functions, however this should never impede in any guests stay regardless of the reason for staying with us. We have off duty local police officers on staff at a premium expense to manage and monitor guests activities, especially on weekends, in order to curb large groups from disturbing our other valued guests in the hotel; which we failed to provide for you and your stay. On behalf of the staff and management, we hope you can accept our sincere apology and hope this doesn't deter you from giving us a 2nd chance when your travels bring you back to the St. Louis area. Thank you again for your candid review of your stay.
Iowaman1959
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here over a three day getaway weekend in St. Louis and were extremely glad that we did. We used reward points and were limited to this hotel and the Crown Plaza downtown. We elected to stay here because of Tripadvisor reviews. It was well worth the extra travel time to downtown attractions. From the moment we entered the hotel we were impressed with the detailed cleaning that was being done to the common areas. When we got to the rooom we were equally impressed. The decor is fresh and tasteful and the bed extremely comfortable. All the hotel staff we encountered were friendly and professional, especially the staff on duty at the breakfast buffet. When we return to St. Louis staying here again is a no-brainer. Thanks Crowne Plaza!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Iowaman 1959,
Thank you for staying with us here at the Crowe Plaza St. Louis Airport hotel and providing such a great review! As a Senior Contributor your warm and positive comments were great to see and share with the staff and management; nothing makes us more excited to know we exceeded your expectations. We are conveniently located near Lambert Airport and minutes away from downtown which you pointed out was a great feature along with staff service and amenities. Thank you again for pointing out our great staff service and features as being on point for your 3 day vacation and look forward seeing you back real soon!
Taylorville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel was nice but the staff was better. When you factor in the free parking and the promptness of there shuttle service this was a pleasant experience. Would say again. We had a large group for a destination wedding and they even shutitled us to a nearby place to eat.

• Stayed April 2014
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We checked out on 07-06-2014 Sunday. We left our camera (Canon t3i) in the room #330, when I called Crowne Plaza in the evening, Front desk did not respond well, the call was transferred to Lost & Found, would have called at least 10 times not once they called back.

Monday morning I spoke to Chris in House keeping, he said he would check and get back, never got a call from him when I call it only goes to voicemail, so we went in person, they informed us the camera is not in the room, we are checking and will let you know by end of the day. When I called in evening, again no response.

When I called on Tuesday morning The Executive House Keeper replied that she is going to take care of it. She called back asking if there is any name on it. It took two days for them to ask for a description, I don't know what they were checking till now. She called back in evening and said they could not find it and she is going to check with the room attendant and call me tomorrow. Only after two days you check with your room attendant?

On Wednesday evening she called back to tell they did not find our camera. I called back to talk with any senior manager, Matt from executive office spoke and asked for a day time to investigate on this. Only after I called him on Friday evening and left a message he called back to tell they did not find it. There is absolutely no response from any level. They lack in sense of urgency and responsibility. The camera was left in the room we are sure about it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you karthik k for your recent comments, both on IHG and here concerning your lost camera. We, as with any claim must conduct an investigation as there are sometimes incidents where guests may misplace something, thinking it was left at the hotel, for it to turn up somewhere else. We take these matters very seriously and have been in contact with you concerning the camera and the process that we must take to ensure the validity of the claim and the steps needed to submit your claim to our insurance carrier; this is a practice shared by many, if not all hotels. The claim was submitted and you should be contacted by an insurance representative very soon. I apologize this incident of you losing your camera has affected your perception of the Crowne Plaza St. Louis Airport and hope we can work collectively on a viable solution. Thank you.
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

My buddy and I needed a place to stay for one night near the St. Louis airport and I happened to find a 50% off special going on for this Crowne Plaza at the time on Hotels.com. I've stayed at other Crownes before and this one met the same high standards as the others. Nice furnishings, spacious room and bathroom, and most importantly, very clean.

My one recommendation is don't order anything from the T.G.I. Fridays downstairs. It took an hour and a half to get a burger and three smoothies! Other than that, great stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!