“Happy” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Millstadt, Illinois
“Happy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I will stay here again. Bartender Jerry was a peach. The staff in general were excellent. The room was spacious Great bed. Fluffy pillows. Loved the soap and other niceties.
Breakfast selections could have more items.

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
2 Thank Teresa M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

The hotel is breathtaking....the shuttle runs every 30 minutes...I recently stayed at a Crown in San Antonio that was rated 3.5 stars as well and the STL Crown put it to shame. The STL Crown @ Airport is superclean, It was very new and the style was modern with very high class design. IF YOU FLY...book this hotel the night before and save the stress...If I had one word to describe this hotel it would be...AWESOME.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

The bathroom in my room was dirty in many ways. (1) The toilet had dirt and mold at the top inside rim, and the toilet handle was BROKEN to where you had to jiggle it to flush correctly and then jiggle it again for the sound to stop. (2) The cabinet in the bathroom was not wiped down as there were big drips of what looked like dried up toothpaste down the front of it (3) I found 2 stray pubic hairs on the bathroom floor indicating the floor had not been swept or mopped.

TGIFridays service and food quality leaves something to be desired. (1) My daughter ordered the raspberry slushy which came out as blue raspberry syrup in a cup of crushed ice. It was too sweet for consumption. We sent it back to have it slushed and less sugary. It came back about half slushed and was finally drinkable. (2) I ordered a hot tea which I still had not received by the time our food arrived. (3) I had to send my pulled chicken salad back as the chicken on top clearly had been cooked days prior and tasted like cardboard and had clearly not been cooked anytime recently. (4) when it came time to get the bill our waitress was very occupied talking with her friends at the table next to us for a good 15 minutes while my daughter and I sat there waiting for the bill...she even kept talking when I stood ready to pay and leave hoping that would get her attention. Wake up!

The room was on the atrium side which was noisy at times.

I would not visit this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Juliemariepeters
Mark H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Juliemariepetersr –

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza St. Louis Airport. It is only through feedback from guests like yourself that we can continue to strive for exceptional guest satisfaction. If no one ever shared his or her experiences, we would never be able to share the good – and the improvable – with our associates, which in turn allows for timely training on specific issues. I do wish to apologize on behalf of our staff and associates for your experience in TGIFriday’s and the issues you encountered in your guest room. We pride ourselves in providing a quality dining experience and comfortable stay while you are with us. I would welcome the opportunity to have you return and see just how valuable feedback such as yours is, and how it is so beneficial to not only our associates but to other guests as well. Thank you.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Cleanliness - entire room very clean.
Bed - king size, mattress comfortable good condition
Plenty outlets bedside for phone / iPads
Bath/shower - clean, quick hot water, good shower head and pressure.
Heat / AC - individual controller, internal system, nice and quiet.
Coffee - Keurig in room - powder creamer- NO good coffee in or near hotel.
TGI Fridays attached to hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Mark H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you Christopher M for staying with us here at the Crowne Plaza St. Louis Airport hotel. We appreciate you pointing out our great amenities that made your stay comfortable. One of our many great features we offer is our Park N' Fly package for those guests looking to keep their car for up to 14 days without additional daily parking fees with a minimum stay of 1 night. Thank you again for taking time to review your most recent stay and look forward to your continued loyalty.
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

If your company has a contract with Crowne Plaza, I can tell you that the 8th Floor Club Level is fantastic. It includes breakfast items in the morning and appetizers at night. Truly enjoed my stay and plan to return to this hotel in the future. TGI Friday's is also located on the premises, nice option for dinner.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Nixa, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel has been remodeled fairly recently. Rooms are clean and nice. The location is wonderful if you need to be near the airport. The beds in the double rooms are very small, too cramped for two adults to sleep comfortably, in my opinion. There is a Friday's restaurant attached to the restaurant and a nice breakfast buffet. I must give a shout out to Daniel Rear, who drove the shuttle back and forth to the airport in the middle of the night so I could pick up my daughter. He was by far the friendliest shuttle driver I have ever had!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FlashRiley
Matt S, Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Flash Riley,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us valuable feedback about your stay .We are delighted that you were able to enjoy the restaurants that our hotel has to offer.

We will especially recognize Daniel for making you stay memorable. We welcome the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to St. Louis!
NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

To be clear I was only really using this for a clean bed as my itinerary kept me very busy for the 3 days I was in St. Louis. This was conveniently close to the airport and rental car place and I had a 6am flight so that was a plus. It's generally clean and modern looking from the outside. The parking leaves a little to be desired since much of it is located behind the hotel and you can wind up pretty far away. The staff was very friendly and helpful when I had need to talk to anyone. It was full both nights I was there and there are lots of banquet and conference rooms so there were a lot of gatherings congregating there. My room was on an upper floor with a balcony that opened onto the big interior atrium where the restaurants and pool were located. There was a good deal of constant noise in the evenings and even early Saturday morning (7-7:30am) even with the balcony door locked and the curtains closed. It wasn't unbearable, but it wasn't the quiet I typically expect from a better hotel. The larger issue was the large amount of loud hallway traffic well into both nights Friday and Saturday. Not much you can do to mitigate that-people weren't partying in the halls-and to be fair when the doors were closed I couldn't hear much- but there was a lot of door slamming and when the doors were open the parties in the room were loud. Still young enough to remember being part of those so I didn't complain to the hotel staff-it's more an observation that a big place like this is more likely to have those kind of room parties I guess. The room itself was generally clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean and housekeeping was good. It lost one full circle because as I was checking out at 4:30am I saw one lone cockroach (my best guess) crawling up the wall behind the room desk. That doesn't freak me out or anything-but I was glad I was on the way out. I was going to let them know but there was somebody checking out at the front desk as I was leaving and I just wanted to get on the road. It was a bad place by any means, but I'll likely book elsewhere in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a front room if you want to avoid the noise of the atrium side...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank RepomanNJ
Mark H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you repomanNJ for staying at the Crowne Plaza St. Louis Airport hotel. I apologize your stay was disrupted unnecessarily and did not get to experience the hotel and all it has to offer. The hotel generally is very busy with our 350 rooms along with our large banquet functions, however this should never impede in any guests stay regardless of the reason for staying with us. We have off duty local police officers on staff at a premium expense to manage and monitor guests activities, especially on weekends, in order to curb large groups from disturbing our other valued guests in the hotel; which we failed to provide for you and your stay. On behalf of the staff and management, we hope you can accept our sincere apology and hope this doesn't deter you from giving us a 2nd chance when your travels bring you back to the St. Louis area. Thank you again for your candid review of your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St...
#14 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!