“Two words Wrecking Ball”

The Lodge Hotel & Banquets St. Louis Airport
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Bridgeton
Reviewed 3 March 2007

Was excited to stay at place from pictures of pool area i had seen and price didn't seem to bad. Got to place and was very much different than expected. Walking into motel loby had to pry sliding door open and shut, and then right there at loby is that night club with music and crowd that leaves you feeling totally unsafe.
Motel room was not bad, will give it credit for that, Most rooms were unoccupyable, morning of leaving i found a large whole in wall at shower where plate didn't completely cover faucet and could see through to room in other side to which appeared to be another abandoned room, bunch of things piled in tub in room you saw into.
Never went to pool area, after being in place lost the desire to even go to the pool, Just wanted to LEAVE.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank FlWearytraveler

Reviewed 6 February 2007

This is by far our worst hotel experience. We walked in late Friday night to loud music with vulgar words blasting from the onsite club. The attendant was wearing a coat because there was no heat in the common areas of the hotel.

On the way to our room we saw furniture with burn holes and pipes exposed in the ceiling. The other guests were rude and quite frankly, scary. They shouted inappropriate comments at my teenage daughters from the balconies. The room smelled badly and had no working smoke detector.

Fair warning, the hotel refuses to offer refunds 30 minutes after check in.

I had stayed with this chain before and had a decent experience. I was not expecting a four star hotel; however, I did expect a clean room where my family would feel safe. I called the company's corporate office. My complaint was "logged." No offer of a refund was made. I will never risk staying with this chain again.

Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank themom2four
Reviewed 27 June 2006

Where to begin?! The whirlpool was about 80 degrees & smelled. The front desk clerk had to turn it on with pliers, and when I pointed out to him 10 minutes later that there were still no jets working, he said I had to let it warm up.....sorry, NEVER came on that day!
The elevator had a horrific smell - diesel is what we could only describe it as. The contintental breakfast contained an orange drink that was either Tang or a cheap imitation. Yucky tasting! It also had an uncovered top where it was refilled & gnats were flying around. The gnats were very abundant not only around the food, but also at the tables. There were two garbage cans placed at either end of the tables, though.
The bread for toasting (the toaster took forever!) was not in a dated wrapper, which I would question. The jelly consisted of two sticky jars for community use. Paper plates, uncovered stick butter - I'm sure the health department would make changes!
After needing ice for a sore leg, my husband hit all 4 floors to empty machines. Finally, a little came out on the top floor after he returned to it.
All in all, I should have realized - the $53/night price was too good to be true from the way the motel was described on the 'net.
DON'T stay here until improvements are made!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank Sharon D
st. Louis Mo.
Reviewed 23 May 2006

I went to this hotel for a birthday party, I stayed in the hotel also, The party was almost ruined by the owner, but there was a banquet manager that was fantastic. He saved our event, it was my mothers 70th birthday party. The room was dirty, and nasty, the mold was terrible, someone shopuld call the health dept on these people. Thank you Jason for making our party a huge success. This owner should be run out of the country back to his own, he could care less about people. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boonville, Mo
Reviewed 2 May 2006

We stayed at this hotel the weekend of April 21 - 24. It was the nastiest place I've ever stayed. The room had a distinct stale, moldy odor. There were stains on the wall that looked like spilled coffee. The surface of the tables were sticky with something. The drawers could not be used as they had an oily substance in 2 of them. 1/2 the light bulbs were burned out or missing, the bathroom ceiling was covered with mold over the tub, there was mold around the tub itself and the shower curtain was covered with mold. We took the shower curtain liner off. The carpet was filthy. There were no clean bath towels the second day because the maid only had face towels left on her cart. We stayed the second night only because we had pre-paid for the event we were attending at the hotel. We won't stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Southern IL
Reviewed 28 April 2006

I stayed in this hotel this past weekend, it was the 21, 21and 23rd, they had some problems with the hotel but the owner is actively working them, I do know they have a new banquet manager there now, he is a middle aged guy with a great smile and good sense of humor, he is working hard to open up the banquet areas. The hotel has only been reopened for 8 or so months and it takes time, the pool and atrium was clean and warm. we had a fine time for how cheap it was

Stayed: April 2006
Kansas City
Reviewed 3 April 2006

The staff was friendly and easy to work with however the rooms they have to work with are not much.
There is no excuse for mold/mildew in the bathroom.
The shower curtain had mold/mildew on it.
The bathtub had a lot of mold/mildew around and in it.
The carpet was stained and had sand like material on it ... I guess they forgot to vacum.
The door to the tub area had several smears of something on both sides.
The telephone did not work.

The bedding was clean and the sink area had no mold and was clean.

In my opinion any motel/hotel that is not clean is not a good place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#10 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center
Quality Inn Florissant
Quality Inn Florissant
#1 of 3 in Florissant
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Airport - Riverport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#12 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City

Been to The Lodge Hotel & Banquets St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!