“Traveling to Pick up New Puppy”

Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Korean first
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stayed at the hotel because of the Park and Fly Option. Someone kept trying to enter our room with a key card after 11 at night. The phone rang and the front desk wanted to know if the room was occupied. If I answer the phone obviously it is occupied. Apparently there was a mix up in their computer system which showed that our room was vacant. Not appreciated. We set the alarm to go off at 4am. We double checked just to make sure it was right. It went off at 1:40am. Perhaps they have programed their alarms on a different time zone? We also requested a 4am wake up call. We never received it. Needless to say, it was a horrible night.

Our second stay was after we returned from vacation. We received a room on the first floor. I felt like a rat in a tunnel trying to find the room. You walk through corridors and unheated walkways. The room looked like a cave with highly textured walls and poor lighting. We wanted to order a pizza but there was no phone book. I walked to the lobby and they did not have one either. They did give me a phone number for Papa John's.

In the morning there was a hot breakfast. I thought that the food was fine and was glad to have a meal before the trip home.

If the hotel would not have ruined our first night then I would probably stay here again. In the future I will probably book a different hotel because I do not want to risk the hassle.

Room Tip: Ask for a floor that has an elevator. Our first room was on the fourth floor and we had to haul our...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank satchel21
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This hotel was not what I would expect from a Best Western! It was very run down and in need of a lot of updating. It was clean and the staff were nice, but it was just not up to the standards of other Best Western Properties.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank kenjudyb
Janice P, General Manager at Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
My sincere apologies, you did not feel we met your standards. We have just completed renovating our fitness room, restaurant, lobby and guest bathrooms , we strive to meet our guests expectations. Again, my apologies.
Charleston, Illinois
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Stayed at this facility for Park N Fly. Facility was average..an older hotel but clean and comfortable. Problem came when I called for pick-up after returned from trip. Waited 45 minutes and had to call twice. Since facility is a mile from the airport..this really is unacceptable. Price was decent but can find similar deals so will try another place next time. Final comment is that I asked if they had an AARP rate for the park n fly and was told no...however had I gone on line...it advertises a 10% discount.... Just looking for an honest..acceptable..courteous..and customer service committed place to stay. Will keep looking.

Room Tip: Stay in main building...otherwise walking outside to get to lobby....and property in adjoining build...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank L H
Janice P, General Manager at Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 January 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I do apologize for the shuttle delay, we do our utmost to respond timely. Regarding your AARP discount that applies to an overnight stay not the Park & Fly package that includes extended parking. Thank you for choosing Best Western, I do hope you will give us another opportunity on your next trip.
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We used the "park & fly" package. Friendly staff but airport shuttle service reflected the low price. Waited 40 minutes for pick-up at airport. Room was clean but noise outside kept us awake. Free breakfast offered a nice selection even at 5:00 am

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jana D
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 7 December 2012

If you can get there, everything is fine. I had driving directions from Bing and Mapquest. The two did not agree at the end of the journey and neither were correct. A nice lady at the front desk stayed on the phone with me while I kept getting lost. She finally guided me to the hotel. A newer airport runway changed the ability to reach this hotel normally.

The room was fine and appeared to be recently renovated. The bar had ice-cold beer, decent bar food and a nice bartender. Free breakfast the next day included an array of breakfast foods, including scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy and all of the usual items, with waffles that you could cook.

All in all, if you can get to this place, you should enjoy your stay.

Carol

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Carol P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Quality Inn Airport St. Louis
#8 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Quality Inn Florissant
Quality Inn Florissant
#1 of 3 in Florissant

Been to Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!