“Rude staff”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Rude staff”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

My time at this Best Western has by far been the worst hotel experience ever. Everything was fine until I am told breakfast starts at 4am. I go down, no breakfast. Check back again at 6:30 still no hot breakfast. I didn't make a big fuss that day out of the breakfast issue, Eating before i left for work wasn't that big of a deal for me. Anyways I booked the hotel for two nights at a friends and family discount. I chose to look into a weekly rate with the hotel and was told by front desk staff that the general manager arranged those. I left numerous messages for the GM to please contact me and heard nothing. On the morning of my 2nd day there I told the gentleman at the front desk I would like to extend my stay another night. He said no problem and said he would take care of it. I then left for work and continued about my morning. I called the hotel that afternoon to see if the general manager was in to see again about setting up a weekly rate. The front desk clerk, who i was told name was Katherine, was extremely rude with her verbiage and basically told me to hold on. I was then transfered to a number that continually rang. I hung up, called back again, explained I was the one who just called for the GM and was then hung up on. I tried calling again multiple times and either received no answer, put on hold, or hung up on AGAIN. By this time I was extremely upset. My son called to see what the problem was and was told that we needed to stop calling and stay away from the hotel. I still had belongings left in my room so I was completely worried. My phone rings & its the GM. She tells me to BACK OFF because they all had a long night.. I tell her thats not my problem, I am a paying customer who has been trying to reach her for 2 days in hopes to extend my stay longer but now i just want to get my things and check out. I am then told that they found nothing in my room, which is a complete LIE! I left an expensive travel bag & my co worker who was staying also left her medication. I was extremely appalled by the rude staff and the way the GM handled the situation. Management and staff needs improvement. My daughter spoke with this manager days after this incident occurred. She was again rude, this time to my daughter and said things to make me seem like I did something wrong when all I wanted was to look into extending my stay longer at this hotel. The staff stole my belongings and treated me terribly. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Tanya S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Korean first
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stayed at the hotel because of the Park and Fly Option. Someone kept trying to enter our room with a key card after 11 at night. The phone rang and the front desk wanted to know if the room was occupied. If I answer the phone obviously it is occupied. Apparently there was a mix up in their computer system which showed that our room was vacant. Not appreciated. We set the alarm to go off at 4am. We double checked just to make sure it was right. It went off at 1:40am. Perhaps they have programed their alarms on a different time zone? We also requested a 4am wake up call. We never received it. Needless to say, it was a horrible night.

Our second stay was after we returned from vacation. We received a room on the first floor. I felt like a rat in a tunnel trying to find the room. You walk through corridors and unheated walkways. The room looked like a cave with highly textured walls and poor lighting. We wanted to order a pizza but there was no phone book. I walked to the lobby and they did not have one either. They did give me a phone number for Papa John's.

In the morning there was a hot breakfast. I thought that the food was fine and was glad to have a meal before the trip home.

If the hotel would not have ruined our first night then I would probably stay here again. In the future I will probably book a different hotel because I do not want to risk the hassle.

Room Tip: Ask for a floor that has an elevator. Our first room was on the fourth floor and we had to haul our...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank satchel21
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This hotel was not what I would expect from a Best Western! It was very run down and in need of a lot of updating. It was clean and the staff were nice, but it was just not up to the standards of other Best Western Properties.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank kenjudyb
Janice P, General Manager at Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
My sincere apologies, you did not feel we met your standards. We have just completed renovating our fitness room, restaurant, lobby and guest bathrooms , we strive to meet our guests expectations. Again, my apologies.
Charleston, Illinois
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Stayed at this facility for Park N Fly. Facility was average..an older hotel but clean and comfortable. Problem came when I called for pick-up after returned from trip. Waited 45 minutes and had to call twice. Since facility is a mile from the airport..this really is unacceptable. Price was decent but can find similar deals so will try another place next time. Final comment is that I asked if they had an AARP rate for the park n fly and was told no...however had I gone on line...it advertises a 10% discount.... Just looking for an honest..acceptable..courteous..and customer service committed place to stay. Will keep looking.

Room Tip: Stay in main building...otherwise walking outside to get to lobby....and property in adjoining build...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank L H
Janice P, General Manager at Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 January 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I do apologize for the shuttle delay, we do our utmost to respond timely. Regarding your AARP discount that applies to an overnight stay not the Park & Fly package that includes extended parking. Thank you for choosing Best Western, I do hope you will give us another opportunity on your next trip.
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We used the "park & fly" package. Friendly staff but airport shuttle service reflected the low price. Waited 40 minutes for pick-up at airport. Room was clean but noise outside kept us awake. Free breakfast offered a nice selection even at 5:00 am

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jana D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Quality Inn Airport St. Louis
#8 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Quality Inn Florissant
Quality Inn Florissant
#1 of 3 in Florissant

Been to Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!