“Good Value and Clean”

Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed at the hotel during a sporting event for our child. We wanted something cheap because we knew we wouldn't be at the hotel very much. This hotel fit the bill perfectly.

The lady at the front desk, I wish I could remember her name, was AWESOME! She was so helpful and always went out of her way to do what she could to make our stay better. When we first checked into our room we noticed the fridge was not working. We talked to the lady at the front desk and she said she could move us across the hall which was no problem for me. When we looked at the room across the hall it was actually smaller but the fridge worked so we just switched the appliance and kept our original room.

I was so impressed by the size of our room. It had 2 beds but with the size of it could have fit at least one more and still be very comfortable. The rooms was clean and nicely decorated.

The breakfast was great offering lots of different options. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel once and it was good just a little expensive.

We will definitely stay again if we are in the area!! Thumbs up!

Room Tip: Ask for the room not against the parking garage. Not because of noise but between the two rooms ours...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We booked this hotel because of the park and fly option, since parking was included in my stay the price was good because they provided a shuttle to and from the airport and I didn't have to pay Hefty airport parking.
We stayed at the hotel at the end of our trip and when we entered to park and get our shuttle to the airport everything looked Nice, Clean lobby and friendly desk staff, however the shuttle driver wasn't friendly (not rude) just probably shouldn't be in customer service, I have 3 children, 9,6 & 4 and they pointed out to me the bad words he said as he was driving.
When we returned we called for the shuttle and it took 25 minutes plus for him to get us, same driver same ho hum attitude. Check in was easy and we had a LONG walk to our room, very odd setup to get to your room. The room itself looked like the 80's, it was clean but outdated. Carpet was so old even though it was probably clean, we still kept our shoes on. Everything was comfortable though and the airport noise never bothered me.
Breakfast was your average buffet, but it was a mess. The waffle maker had caked up waffles stuck in all the crevices, the milk for the cereal didn't have ice and the gentlemen in charge of it all just stood there and watched us, waiting for us to finish, very uncomfortable.
The best part of our stay was the outdoor pool, it was clean and a nice size, kids had a blast in it before we had to leave.
So if you want a hotel for a park and stay this is probably a good choice. If you want updated rooms and a good breakfast you might want to try someplace different.
This hotel has potential, with some updating and supervision of certain staff members it could probably be great.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My first impression on this hotel was that it was a bit older, which it is. When we walked into the reception area it definitely had the older smell to it. But the receptionist was very friendly and got us checked in quickly. The door used to get into the hall where our room was, was kind of like a side door that looked a bit sketchy to me because all of the other doors looked more inviting. When we walked into the hall where our room was, the first two rooms had mouse traps right outside the door so that didn't leave the best impression for me. Our room was nice and it was the standard hotel room with a queen bed and nice bathroom. We went to the pool around 9pm so it was a bit cold but if we would've gone earlier in the day I'm sure the pool would have felt great. The breakfast was good and was served from 4am to 9am which was nice for people that have to leave earlier. I liked our stay here but I am glad it was only for 1 night.

1  Thank Allison B
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have stayed here before when it was best western to me it was much better. We stay in the old rooms nothing was updated about the rooms we had, one of the rooms we had the stool did not work, workout machine need updated, some of them did not work, some of the front desk workers did not have good customer service, breakfast was not good..I would not be staying here again if I visit. And the only reason i came back to the hotel was because my first stay there was great.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank MsKeyta
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We use this place for almost all of our pre and post air travel-actually we only stayed at one other park and stay hotel in St louis that our travel agent recommended but this place is preferable I love staying here the rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. The best part was the breakfast, a hot breakfast and everything you could want. I will recommend my friends and family to come here and stay. It is very close to the airport I never had a problem and the staff is great and friendly and willing to help. The pool area seems very nice although we never used it. The wifi is great I will continue to stay here.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I love staying here the rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. The room ares quite and i never hear planes and the cars that go by. The best part was the breakfast, a hot breakfast and everything you could want. I will recommend my friends and family to come here and stay. It is very close to the airport. i love this hotel, I never had a problem and the staff is great and friendly and willing to help. I will continue to stay here.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

So my rating is a little biased due to my experiences but I will include the pros, and there are a few.
The pro's. Great location which is close to airport, bar and grill and bartender Lee was nice and accommodating. There was a pool that appeared nice, though we did not swim in it. Continental breakfast, but very disappointed on our way to airport at 6am, to learn the "hot" portion wasn't open until 6:30(waffles, eggs, oatmeal, etc). We settled for a bagel and cereal. The bed was comfortable and though dated seemed "okay". Room was $89 for us so not horrible price. This was a park and stay, so leaving our car was included while we were traveling which was great, along with a shuttle to and from the airport(both times on time and quick).

CONS. While reading reviews, I read I would need a different address for GPS to find this place. It still took us in circles, though we eventually located it hidden behind a parking area. Upon check in, seemed we waited a bit for a person at the counter to appear. Went to our room and smelled something "peculiar" but I mentioned to my husband, it smelled like a backed up sewage. I then smelled the shower curtain and it reeked, so figured that is what is was. After some snacks and a drink in the bar and grill area, returned to our room and noticed the smell really was pretty bad. While sitting on the toilet, I looked down and saw this brown stuff on the floor. I thought it might be rust, but I rubbed a wet piece of tissue on it and it was apparent, it was definitely feces and I about threw up. This was on the floor strip between the bathroom and front door walk way area. I immediately called the front desk to have maintenance come down. I was told they were not on staff in the evening. She (Monet) came down. She agreed it was disgusting put us in a new room and said she would adjust the bill. More than anything I was surprised someone would defecate there, and two and the biggest, HOW COULD A MAID NOT SEE or SMELL THIS?.
Another con was that I had contacted the front desk earlier for a wake up call, but did not get it. It is likely due to them not changing it since our room was switched. (from room 4178 ti 4176). When we checked out, the gentleman acted like he cared less about our experience and handed me the bill. They took a whopping $15 off. Not enough in my opinion.
If you ask if I'd stay in this hotel again without experiencing this incident, probably. However, dealing with it, and knowing the care of service by maids is not quality, and the lack of sensitivity from the staff or management, makes me wonder what else is hidden that we don't' know about..

Room Tip: Nice amenities and close to airport.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank happyfamilyMacomb_Il
Janice P, General Manager at Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Please accept my sincere apologies, it appears you family was truly dissapointed in their stay. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with your directly. We pride ourselves on our reputation and our guests experience while at the property. Again, my sincere apologies please contact me at 314-731-3800 .

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport

Been to Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!