“HAZMAT suit required”
Review of Super 8 Butler

Super 8 Butler
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Butler
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is by far the worst place ever. Hazmat suit required to stay here
The rooms have not been cleaned in years .TripAdvisor, you should distance your self from this hotel. Places like this will crush your business.

Room Tip: Demolish the whole building
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 May 2014

place was clean but looked tired they could use a remodel shower was old but I did not fear it.
Girl on the phone was alittle flippy as if she did not want to be there at all. Arrived
the next day desk girl was friendly..morning lady was like a prison guard no emotions and that is what you can rate this place OK for 50 bucks!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2013

After running into an ice storm on our way home from KC International Airport, we had to find a place to stay the night. The Super 8 in Butler was the closest, therefore safest, hotel around. We checked in late, about 1am, into a room that looked alright at first glance. Upon further inspection, the bathroom was filthy, with old shampoo running down the sides of the shower stall. A bar of soap appeared to have been chewed on by a mouse, a dead cockroach was on the floor by the bed. Old crackers were on the floor behind the trash can and the hairdryer didn't work. Among other things...
I called the front desk to report the condition of the room and ask for a partial refund. The owner became very irate and told me verbatim "NO REFUND. YOU CAN GET THE HELL OUT", to which I replied that it was late and very icy, and was simply interested in a partial refund. He then threatened to call the police if I complained any more. by this time it was close to 2am and my travel partner just wanted to sleep, so we stayed, rather than risk our lives on the ice covered road.
When leaving in the morning, there was a man with a cleaning cart, in a t-shirt (it was 17 degrees out) who stood at the door and positivley glared at me for the entire 15mins that it took for my companion to load the car. This man was super creepy, like a molester or murderer.
These people should not be in the hospitality business, indeed, they should not be in any business. They shouldn't even be allowed out in public.
If you are weary and wish to sleep and stumble upon this Super 8 in Butler Missouri, DO NOT GO IN.
SLEEP IN YOUR CAR!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Trisha R
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I changed plans after making reservations . Upon calling the Super 8 at Butler Mo. I was told there was a "no cancellation/refund " policy and I could not cancel my stay or get any reimbersment. The person I spoke with was not courtious at all.
My attempt to cancel was at least 24 hours prior to reservation. I must say I had a very poor experiance with this reservation . Most Hotels/motels will refund 100% with a 24 notice of cancellation. Thank you

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Ok. I feel bad now. I have had the worst two experiences in my entire traveling career this past week. After staying at what I thought was the worst hotel in America the first night, I transferred to the Super Eight. Huge mistake! The amenities under a large tree off the interstate are better then dealing with these horrible creatures. I ended up staying four nights. I received room service on my room approximately zero times. The Bates motel has nothing on this place.

Dirty rooms that don't even get the trashed pulled, dirty sheets and cigarette smell in the no smoking rooms is the better amenities of the establishment. The Internet will not hook up to either of my apple or IBM formats. The television while old, was the only thing that worked in the hotel.

The front office staff has enough grasp of English to be abrasive and rude. When I asked at 5 P.M. of the third night there why my room had not been made up yet, she said it was still early! I have since found out that all of these hotels from Harrisonville to Butler are owned by the same family. Just keep driving unless you really need to be abused.

Room Tip: The best advice I can give for picking a good room is to move on to either Kansas City or Lamar!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard L
Reviewed 27 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Butler? Share your experiences!