We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Camdenton
Casa de Loco Winery
Ranked #5 of 6 Camdenton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Just got back from an overnight stay in the honeymoon cottage. The gas fireplace didn't light and the only staff member on site (a young girl at the winery) had no idea how to light it. When I stepped out of the jacuzzi tub, I sliced open my foot on a piece of broken glass that we didn't break. When we went to ask for a first aid kit, we found the winery closed and no one on the property but us. VERY CREEPY. When my husband returned to call them on the phone, we couldn't find a phone in the cottage and we had no cell phone service either. What we did find was a phone docking station without a phone and an empty paper towel roll so we used restaurant napkins to bandage my foot. As if this wasn't bad enough, the stupid satellite dish TV was messed up and was stuck on 1 channel, AMC, and it was playing a "Walking Dead" marathon. It was almost hilarious how messed my romantic evening ended up being. Needless to say we left first thing in the morning (still no staff members there) and since it had been raining all night and they have let the property get run down by not putting any gravel down by the cottage, my Prius got stuck in the mud. What a nightmare!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dana H

Reviewed 6 December 2012

DO NOT BOOK AN EVENT AT CASA DE LOCO!!! Don't let their glossy website photos fool you!

The reviews are correct: wires hanging, wasps, spiders, FILTHY kitchen (A local caterer told my she would never cook on location because she has seen rat feces in the drawers.), sagging floorboards, musty smell, a bathroom sink that is falling off the wall, broken furniture. The online pictures are very deceptive. The place has such great potential, but is in desperate need of maintenance.

And the management is beyond unprofessional...completely rude and incompetent.

We were notified 6 weeks away from the date of our wedding that the reception hall would no longer be available under our original agreement.

I was willing to overlook the above problems and polish it up for my wedding reception booked for December. It was a bargain price in the off season. I grew up at Lake of the Ozarks, and the building and grounds that we visited in the summer, although shabby, were quaint. The river view is nice, in spite of the fact that it could benefit from some landscaping and trash removal. My fiancé and guests are all adventurous. We were willing to give it a try.

HOWEVER....at the end of October, Debra Owens, the current owner, called to notify me that they would be moving their winery offices into the bride and groom dressing rooms, and that they would no longer be available for us to use. And the worst....they were also going to move their gift shop into the foyer (with the big, beautiful fire place) of the reception hall, so that random winery customers would be coming in and out of our event. I already had purchased and made decorations for these locations. She told me that they were moving forward with their plans and there was nothing I could do about it. The most frustrating part is that I specifically had asked in July if there were any planned renovations before our event, hoping for new bathroom vanities. I was told no. We were upset about their remodeling and removal of space that was part of the original agreement.

Two weeks passed with me sending pleading e-mails to not change the layout of the reception hall, all of which went completely ignored. (Not kidding...I sent both Debra and Crystal 4 e-mails, left 4 phone messages, even sent my father to talk to someone in person about my disapproval of the changes.) It wasn't until two weeks later that I was finally able to get in touch with the Debra. In the phone conversation, when I again questioned the changes, Debra asked me, "Do you speak English?" The conversation ended with us being forced to "re-negotiate our contract." No, thank you. Even the process of getting the deposit back took multiple visits and a string of calls and e-mails. I wish I had recorded the condescending phone conversations I had with Debra. I couldn't believe the way a business owner would talk to a client.

I live in Florida and have been planning this from afar since July. Now, a month away from the event, I am scrambling to find an alternate location. I am heartbroken about the outcome and overwhelmed with apologizing to guests who have already purchased plane tickets and made accommodations.

I cannot express my disappointment in and the way this worked out. I also want to state that I have NEVER written a negative online review.

I would strongly advise against doing business with the current owner, Debra Owens. I am incredibly saddened by the experience, and I would not wish the same fate on any future couples.

Hoping for new management!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. The furniture is broken. The rooms are dirty. There are bugs.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kat B
Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

Never again. Very dirty. At facility on Monday and tables still covered in wine bottles and plates from the weekend. Trash everywhere on grounds. Floors in reception hall sticky, dirty, and had leaves in corners. I previously patronized this winery several years ago and enjoyed my experience, but my recent visit reveals how the winery has not been maintained.

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank ozarkian79
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We recently had my daughter's wedding at the winery. Loved every minute of it! The staff were very friendly and made our stay pleasant. This is a rustic location and off of the beaten path, probably 5 miles back to town. The winery closes up at 8 pm over the weekends so you are left there by yourselves and with the other guests...we loved it. It used to be an old fishing lodge so guests need to keep that in mind when choosing this location. We knew this going into it and had plenty of snacks with us. It was just what my daughter and son-in-law wanted and it turned out beautiful. The view is spectacular and our guests enjoyed visiting the winery before the wedding. Can't wait to come back! Would love to try one of their float packages sometime. If I could make one suggestion it would be to improve the road back to the winery.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2012

This is a older property so with the rustic charm comes expected dating. With that said we just had an amazing wedding at Casa and would highly recommend this property for such an event. Crystal was extremely helpful in planning and making sure the day went the way we planned. We choose to do much of the set up ourselves, but they did the clean-up. The only thing I would grade down on is the road to the winery is very bad. Everything else was amazing with perfect views and a lovely cottage for my new bride and me. I would really recommend this place to anyone looking for a great outdoor location.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rschilling64501
Reviewed 25 August 2012

This is a great place to come and chill. The scenery , the decking built over the bluff overlooking the river, sometimes live music, and great wine. We have been there many times. They have a wood burning oven for pizza and last time we tried out the float trip which was a lot of fun. Everytime we come down to the lake , we like to invite our family and friends to Casa...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lhuneke
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Love the wine and food. Great place to hold a wedding and reception. Quaint little bed and breakfast. A great view above a river. Highly recommend this winery. Love their "make me blush" wine.
The location is beautiful in the fall surrounded by a lot of beautiful trees.

• Stayed: August 2012