“Adequate but not Super” 4 of 5 bubbles

Super 8 Cameron
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Cameron
“Adequate but not Super”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

The room was good enough. Pillows squished down to almost nothing when laying on them. Normal Super 8 hotel; it said it was newly renovated - seemed like some things were newer, other things like the toilet & tub were old. Overall, clean & comfortable. The coffee was nasty - like a powdered, instant coffee that came out of a spout (same as the juice). My husband & I both poured it out and bought some at a convenience store. Breakfast was minimal; my husband ate a bowl of stale cereal; I opted to eat day-old donuts vs. their choices. Would probably stay again but not expect much. After all, it is a Super 8...not a higher end hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
St. Cloud, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Nice Super 8 in Cameron. I knew I didn't want to stay right in Kansas City so Cameron was a perfect stop. I had a called ahead to see if there were rooms and I believe it was Diane that helped me. Very friendly. She was there to check us in. Again, very courteous and friendly. Room on 2nd floor. Little nervous at first, smelled pretty smoky in the hallway, but our non-smoking room was just fine. Whew....
Pool area was nice....pool was a decent size! Perfect temp too....we had a blast in there. The hot tub was always full so we didn't venture in, but it looked very nice. Both are open til 10.
Breakfast was from 6-9:30. Smallish area, but it worked out okay for us. Decent choices....I think I just had some cereal. There was also prepackaged cinnamon rolls, which were good and there was a waffle maker.
Room was clean and comfy. Bathroom was set up with the sink/vanity outside of it. I like that. They have free wifi but we couldn't get on.
Overall a nice place to stop for an overnight trip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This Super 8 is a little older but has been updated.

Really liked the outlets on the lamps so you didn't have to crawl around looking for someplace to plug in a phone charger.

The bed was soft so if you need something firmer you might want to ask if they have any.

The AC was fantastic. I would say that was the coldest room I stayed in on this trip. Loved it.

All in all it was a nice stay

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

As a business traveler ( Marriott Platinum ) I stay 150 nights a year in hotels. So when my wife said we were going to Cameron Missouri to visit friends and there is no Marriott, she went to TripAdvisor to see what they had to say. When she told me the Super 8 had the best reviews, I just chuckled and said whatever you want dear. To my pleasant surprise, it was with out question the BEST nights sleep I have had in a long time including my own bed. The bed was perfect but the pillows were the greatest. My wife will kill me for saying this, but I took two pillows 14 years ago from a hotel in Texas and have slept on them since. Guess what? Not tonight....I have two new pillows. I told the at the front desk to put them on my credit card. For a small town hotel it was a real pleasant surprise and if in Cameron again, we will stay at the Super 8 !

Room Tip: It was 112....and the staff was very nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
1 Thank Butch R
Muldrow, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The room was way more than I expected for the reasonable rate. The lady at the counter was so helpful, and took excellent care of us. Good breakfast as well. Very clean room. The only complaint I have is that a dog barked quite a bit , I wanted it to shut up. Haha. All in all a good place to stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Russellville, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

On a recent trip we stayed at this hotel both coming and going from a destination. The room was large and clean. This hotel is per friendly too. The one thing that stood out for us is the excellent customer service. The room ac was not cooling when we checked in. One call and quick action by the hotel staff meant a new a/c installed in the room in about 30 minutes! This hotel also offered biscuits and gravy in addition to the standard Super 8 breakfast. I wish that this hotel had sheer curtains at the windows in addition to the black out curtains. The sheers would ad a bit of privacy especially for rooms on the first floor.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple