GuestHouse Acorn Inn
US$72
Econo Lodge(Cameron)
US$63
US$83
Motel 6 Cameron(Cameron)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$64
US$70
US$64
QualityInn
All reviewstruck stoptwo sinkscasserolewafflesguest housegreat breakfastparking lotstay freereal eggsbeds were comfortablebeautiful gardenjuiceroom was largenew carpetnice areaold style motelwinter storm
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night on a long road trip. This is an old style motel. I would not have dared to stay here if not for the good reviews on trip advisor.

The room was not bad, but it did have some issues. On our arrival, there was pubic hair on the toilet seat. It obviously had not been thoroughly cleaned since the last use. The rest of the room seemed clean, but the toilet gave a bad first impression. There was also a small patch of mold growing on the ceiling above the shower, and the finish was starting to peel off the faucet handles on the sink. The chairs in the room were also stained.

Then there was the bed. Not good. You could see right away that the mattress wasn't even flat. Rather, there was a dip in the middle. The mattress was hard and we could feel the springs. Very uncomfortable and I woke up with a sore back. The beds had slightly worn and outdated comforters, and the typical older style blue motel blankets. The sheets were clean, and the blankets were double sheeted, which was good. When we were leaving, a couple of the other rooms were open and I could see that they appeared to have newer bedding. So maybe some of the other rooms are better.

A lot of updates have been made. The room had a flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, and newer tub with curved shower curtain.

Breakfast was really good. They had everything you would get at one of the larger chains, but better. Real eggs cooked on the stove right before our eyes, and the gravy was better than any I've had at any motel.

The outside of the motel looks nice, and it appears that they are really trying to make this a nice place. Judging from our room, it has a lot of potential if they make a few more improvements. As it is, it wasn't bad if you need to stay in the area.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 2crazyboysmom
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

If I hadn't read the online reviews, I never would have stayed here. Even after reading them, I almost drove away because the building looks like a typical '60's roadside motel. I asked to see a room before check-in. When I opened the room door, it was like I was transported to new brand new upscale hotel. Quality carpeting & linens, crown moldings, solid surface counters...what a value! Friendly staff, I can't even think of something bad to say. We will stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dave K
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have stayed there many times over the last few years and it's a great place. It's clean and comfortable and especially nice if you have a pet with you. I was surprised to find it's no longer a Best Western but I didn't see anything negative about that. I think the rooms have been updated with new carpet and paint since the last time I was there.

All the people working there have been very pleasant on all my stays. The breakfast is great for a motel. I've stayed in more expensive motels that didn't have a breakfast anywhere close to being that good. This is a great value for a room this nice and they don't charge extra for having a pet with you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Carole T
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Traveling from Minnesota to New Mexico and pulled off to find a place to stay that would allow pets. Another hotel directed us to the GuestHouse Acorn Inn. Very courteous service, impeccably clean and neat rooms (does it sound strange to even say there was no "hotel/motel" smell?). Pulled right up to our room. In the morning took the dog for a walk in the beautiful adjacent gardens. Really nice spot, would certainly stop there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Teri S
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We are traveling home to Mich from Arizona and pulled off the highway (I-35) to find this neat,
clean, pull up to your room, hotel in Cameron, MO. Very pleased with the room and price and
consider this a lucky find

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple