“Really good B B Q, but they have a full menu !”

Port Cape Girardeau Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #17 of 149 Restaurants in Cape Girardeau
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Everything on the Port Cape menu will have you wanting more ! Normally one can expect fast, friendly service. Being a local business, they will usually accomodate special requests with a smile. One of only a few businesses in Cape to have a segregated smoking area from the non-smoking area. Great ice cream case, and a handy window on the sidewalk if you don't want to go in for ice cream. The bar is separated from the main dining area, well furnished to keep you comfortable while you chat with friends, enjoy a sports event or special program on the large projector TV. Bartender, Dale, with his whimsical personality will keep you laughing. There is a second floor bar with a stage, perfect for a special event like a class reunion, or wedding reception, and sometimes has live music or dinner theatre booked there. Maybe the only complaint would be nearby parking, but all parking in Cape downtown is free, so you may have to walk two blocks.

There are newer reviews for Port Cape Girardeau Restaurant & Lounge

Reviewed 15 February 2012

Wow - went there because we heard the food was so good, and though we did not have the entire meal there because our timing was off, the ambiance was great, the bartender made a spectacular handmade Bloody Mary and the service was above and beyond.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

I've only eaten there twice & both times were catered, so I've never actually order from the menu. The food I did have, tho, was excellent, and yes I'd definitely go back.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

I have always heard how good Port Cape was so me and my husband and our son went there for lunch. Both I and my husband ordered the Catfish platter. OMG The catfish was soo completely dried out on both our plates we couldnt even eat it!! The mac and cheese was good and service was good but in my opionion Catfish IS NOT suppose to be THAT dry! It was like eating burnt cardboard! Def would not reccomend the catfish platter but the other food that i saw others ordering did look ok and the sides were overall good! The hushpuppies were wonderful!!

Reviewed 20 May 2011

The food was fine, the service was fine. Nothing really to complain about or to rave about.
The best thing about this restaurant is the downtown location. It is right on the Mississippi river and you can take a stroll along the Mississippi or enjoy the beautiful
mural on the flood wall after dinner.