“Awful and Smelly!”

Pear Tree Inn Cape Girardeau Near the Medical Center
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Cape Girardeau
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Our first impression upon entering the lobby was the bad smell (grease) coming fom the breakfast area. The next bad smell to greet us was the cigarette stench in the elevator. Then, the upstairs hallway had an odor reminiscent of a sewer. On top of it all, the hallway carpets were filthy. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristine N
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn Cape Girardeau Near the Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

I'm sorry that you did not find our accommodations to be what you expected. We strive to keep our hotel clean and smelling fresh. We are not the newest hotel but the majority of the guest reviews here tell us that we are clean and a good value.

Justin Medley

Reviewed 16 May 2013

This hotel I found by lots and lots of deliberation. I had been in the area a year ago and found this hotel completely on accident and I was pleased.

This is one of the very few hotels that I've gotten a good night's sleep in a while. Comfy beds, clean room and the soda machines were acutally reasonable! (no $2.00 for a can of soda).

The soap, shampoo and conditioner dispensers in the shower were kind of cool.

Next year I'll probably find myself in the area again and will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank John M
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Room was average. Still, the place is VERY CLEAN and I like that. Location is great for business travelers. Easy access on/off I-55. Never hurts to be next to a chikfila imo. Didn't use the fitness area, but one is available. Associated with Drury, but you'd never know it other than the look of the building. Definitely not the perks of Drury...but not the price either.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My wife and I recently took a short weekend jaunt and decided to stop and stay at the Pear Tree Inn in Cape Girardeau, MO. While the room was clean and the service very friendly, this hotel pretty average overall. There was no overarching black eye, but also nothing extraordinary either. For the money, I think this was near par, but perhaps with more detailed research a better location could be found.

Be advised this hotel is located in a very convenient area with many restaurants and shopping options nearby. Also, you are only a couple short miles from the the "old part" of Cape Girardeau featuring restaurants, bars, shops, the river front, the casino, and more. So, while the hotel's accommodations are mostly routine the area in which it is located should provide a lot of enjoyment. I would recommend this property on the basis of a person knowing it is run of the mill.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2013

The place is cheap, but clean. The rooms were small but the beds and pillows were comfortable. Didn't get to stay for breakfast. Easy access from highway. Would recommend if your pinching penny's but its not a 5 star so as long as you don't expect that you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 9 March 2013

On a weekend trip to celebrate my uncle's 93rd birthday, I ended up here. Normally, I stay in one of the Drury Hotels, but they were all booked with a convention, so they sent me to the Pear tree, which is one of their other properties. Fortunately, I got a non-smoking room, which was clean though small. The common areas smell heavily of smoke, perhaps from the old days, or just what leaks out of the smoking rooms. The 'continental' breakfast is what you might expect, however, they have recently installed waffle makers which makes it a little better. The breakfast area is very small with limited seating, so you may have to wait a while to get in.

Overall, it was adequate and price-wise comparable to others in the area.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear are much quieter and have access to parking without having to traipse through the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We were on our way to Iowa and stopped here for the night. We have stayed at Pear Tree Inns before, so we knew we would have a clean, reasonably priced room. We were not disappointed. We were on 3rd floor of an almost fully-booked hotel and our room was quiet. The A/C heater unit was a bit noisy, but not so that we were kept awake. Breakfast was a cold continental breakfast, but who needs more than raisin bran and a bagel when facing a long drive anyway? We will stay at this chain hotel again.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple