“Fine for a short stay”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Cape Girardeau
Broomfield, Colorado
“Fine for a short stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

My son and I stayed here for one night, on a college-visit trip.
I found the access to the property awkward, as it's on a divided road, and you have to make a U-turn to get to it, then drive through either the Burger King parking lot or a gas station parking lot to get to it. (The BK lot ends up giving you access to a traffic light, which came in handy a couple of times when we needed to make a left.)
The front-desk check-in person was really helpful. I'd booked with the AAA rate, which wasn't a bad rate, but she asked what we were there for, and when I said we were visiting SEMO, she looked to see if the SEMO parents' rate was better. It was slightly better, so she changed us to that rate. I've never had anyone check for a better rate at check-in before.
There was a popcorn machine as well as a lemonade dispenser in the lobby; nice touches.
The elevator was located in kind of an unexpected place (a glassed-in area with the stairwells). I missed it the first time I looked for it, despite directions from the front-desk woman.
The room and the bathroom were a bit small, but fine for a one-night stay. The room's outside wall was one big window, but as it overlooked the gas station, it was kind of a wasted effort.
The shower's faucets were really old-school (like, 60's old-school) and they were pretty touchy, but it all worked. The non-slip strips in the bathtub didn't extend as far as it looked like they did, and I did slip a bit, before I realized that. BTW they use dispensers for shower gel, shampoo and conditioners, which is slightly unusual. But it was clean, and we were there for a short stay; it was all OK given the rate.
Breakfast included the ubiquitous make-your-own waffles, oatmeal, yogurt, juice, coffee, bagels, cream cheese, donuts, muffins and whole fresh fruit: not bad, given the rate.
It's no resort, of course, but I'd stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Yobabs
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn Cape Girardeau Near the Medical Center, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at our hotel, and for your kind words about our front desk service. At Drury Hotels, we offer different brands to meet the different needs of our guests. Our Pear Tree Inns are generally a good fit for our price-conscious guests. I am sorry to hear that our location did not meet your expectations. We welcome feedback from our guests and we use your suggestions to improve our brands and service. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs. We would love to have you as our guest again!

Justin Medley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Pear Tree is the lower end brand of the Drury chain-prices match the properties. This Pear Tree was convenient to the highway as well as many dining and shopping options. Our reason for our visit was to see SEMO which is an easy 10 minute ride down the road. This property is very clean and fairly comfortable-the linens on the bed again were a little lower quality than what you'd find at a regular Drury but not terrible. The room was a nice size as was the bathroom. The staff, as always, was outstanding and so friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the morning was very nice with lots of options. No "happy hour" but free popcorn and lemonade in the lobby until 10 p.m. We stayed here free using my Drury points-I would stay here again if the price was right (or free) but for an extra $10 or even $20 I think I'd consider one of the two full service Drury's located just down the road.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Clarksville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I were in town for the weekend and stayed at this hotel. I had read the reviews on TripAdvisor - even the negative ones and decided it was worth the try. I have to say my husband and I were very pleased. The staff - front desk personnel to housekeeping - were super friendly and professional. The room, while small, was very nice. There were no cleanliness concerns whatsoever. The breakfast was great, hot and fresh. There was plenty of parking and no concerns for safety. The hotel is located within walking distance of just about anything you would need and yet was nice and quiet. DO NOT BOTHER WITH Hotels.com, Priceline etc as the hotel price was the same as most and cheaper than some of the sites. Also if you are military they do offer an additional discount. You will not be disappointed staying here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jonesboro, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were in town to visit a friend in the hospital. We stopped at this hotel which was very close to the hospital and they had just had a cancelation and we were lucky enough to get the last room. I think her name was Aly and she was excellant. So friendly and checked us in so quick. The room was just perfect. Down at the end of the hall and very quiet as we were vey tired. If I go back there I will got to this hotel again. Price was awesome as well.

Room Tip: Very quite and friendly. Rooms were priced great. Very clean. Great cont. breakfast as well.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Evonne D
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

We found a coupon while traveling and got this room at a good price. The staff was friendly and my kids loved the free popcorn & lemonade in the evening. The room was clean and comfortable. Located around shopping and many restaurants. About a 10 minute drive to the river and a mural walk that was very cool. Breakfast was also good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I Was very disappointed in the condition of the carpet and overall smell of our room. It was obvious it had been smoked in and they tried to cover up the smell with something that smelled like dollar a gallon perfume.

• Stayed August 2013
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn Cape Girardeau Near the Medical Center, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. I apologize that not everything during your recent stay met your expectations. We do our best to make our guests happy, and we encourage you to let us know about any problems so we can take care of them while you are here. Thanks again for staying with us. We appreciate your business and hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area.

Justin Medley
Lexington, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Pleased with our overnight stay. Easy access from highway. Variety of nearby restaurants. Room was clean and comfortable. All non-smoking rooms were booked, so we took a smoking room, but it was acceptable. The soap/shampoo dispenser in the shower was novel and kept clutter in the small bathroom to a minimum. A pleasant experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple