“Adequate hotel, noisy air conditioner”

Pear Tree Inn Cape Girardeau Near the Medical Center
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Cape Girardeau
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

The Pear Tree Inn's greatest asset is their friendly, helpful staff. My family was greeted warmly. The room itself was smallish and the air conditioner was noisy. Breakfast was fine. All in all our stay was adequate with no frills.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We've been staying here for years, as this hotel is centrally located in our travels and has been within our budget. On our last stay, I was disappointed. We're non-smokers, so non-smoking rooms are important to us. In spite of a sign in the room warning of a $250 cleaning fee, our room reeked of smoke. The front desk offered FeBreeze, but it didn't touch the stench. The AC unit rattled and roared, and the exhaust fan in the bathroom didn't work. We couldn't open a window, so it was stinky and stuffy. The TV appeared to be at least 10 yrs old, and was probably top of the line at the time, but didn't have a sleep timer. Everything was dated and the sheets were dingy. The breakfast was nice with typical continental fare with waffles and an oatmeal bar. Because of some conventions in town, we were charged $25 more than we ordinarily pay. We'll be looking for a new place in Cape Girardeau.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn Cape Girardeau Near the Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your recent stay. We welcome feedback from our guests and we use your suggestions to improve our brands and service. If you ever experience a problem while you are at our hotels, please bring it to our attention so we have an opportunity to correct it right away. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs. We would love to have you as our guest again!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel is a little dated and small. The best thing is all of the staff are very friendly and helpful. Room was ok but not much,old TV and very small and dated. It was clean but I would probably pick somewhere else next time

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RW1963
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn Cape Girardeau Near the Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us at the Pear Tree Inn. Also, thank you for your kind words about our staff and cleanliness of our hotel. We pride ourselves in treating our guests like family. Pear Tree Inn is usually a great fit for our price-conscious guests looking for short term lodging. We appreciate hearing from you and will use your comments to help improve our product and services.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Start out with customer service - off the charts! Everyone from the front desk to maintainence to housekeeping was exceptionally friendly. Breakfast was good and you receive complimentary lemonade, water and popcorn at check-in. Now, the not so good. Rooms were very small and outdated. Don't expect a flat screen here. The bathroom appreared from the 70's. That said, everything was clean. I was certainly not impressed with the value. The rates are from $69 per night. We paid substantially more than that and felt it was overpriced. It is questionable whether we would stay there again due to the drawbacks.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
DruryHotels, Manager at Pear Tree Inn Cape Girardeau Near the Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us at the Pear Tree Inn. Also, thank you for your kind words about our staff. We pride ourselves in treating our guests like family. I am sorry to hear that our location did not meet your expectations. Pear Tree Inn is usually a great fit for our price-conscious guests looking for short term lodging. We appreciate hearing from you and will use your comments to help improve our product and services.

Heidi Pilsner

Reviewed 28 May 2014

From the minute I walked in I knew this was a bad choice for a hotel. It was dark and smelled very musty. The rooms look like something out of the 70s. I did receive good service, but the accommodations was less than desirable.

• Stayed: May 2014
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn Cape Girardeau Near the Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate hearing from our guests, as we use your comments to help improve our product and services. I am sorry to hear that our accommodations did not meet your expectations. Pear Tree Inn is the Drury Hotels brand designed for our price conscious guests, and does not offer the same amenities as other Drury brand hotels. Our guests find it as a clean, economical choice for short term lodging.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

My son and I stayed here for one night, on a college-visit trip.
I found the access to the property awkward, as it's on a divided road, and you have to make a U-turn to get to it, then drive through either the Burger King parking lot or a gas station parking lot to get to it. (The BK lot ends up giving you access to a traffic light, which came in handy a couple of times when we needed to make a left.)
The front-desk check-in person was really helpful. I'd booked with the AAA rate, which wasn't a bad rate, but she asked what we were there for, and when I said we were visiting SEMO, she looked to see if the SEMO parents' rate was better. It was slightly better, so she changed us to that rate. I've never had anyone check for a better rate at check-in before.
There was a popcorn machine as well as a lemonade dispenser in the lobby; nice touches.
The elevator was located in kind of an unexpected place (a glassed-in area with the stairwells). I missed it the first time I looked for it, despite directions from the front-desk woman.
The room and the bathroom were a bit small, but fine for a one-night stay. The room's outside wall was one big window, but as it overlooked the gas station, it was kind of a wasted effort.
The shower's faucets were really old-school (like, 60's old-school) and they were pretty touchy, but it all worked. The non-slip strips in the bathtub didn't extend as far as it looked like they did, and I did slip a bit, before I realized that. BTW they use dispensers for shower gel, shampoo and conditioners, which is slightly unusual. But it was clean, and we were there for a short stay; it was all OK given the rate.
Breakfast included the ubiquitous make-your-own waffles, oatmeal, yogurt, juice, coffee, bagels, cream cheese, donuts, muffins and whole fresh fruit: not bad, given the rate.
It's no resort, of course, but I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Yobabs
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn Cape Girardeau Near the Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at our hotel, and for your kind words about our front desk service. At Drury Hotels, we offer different brands to meet the different needs of our guests. Our Pear Tree Inns are generally a good fit for our price-conscious guests. I am sorry to hear that our location did not meet your expectations. We welcome feedback from our guests and we use your suggestions to improve our brands and service. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs. We would love to have you as our guest again!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Pear Tree is the lower end brand of the Drury chain-prices match the properties. This Pear Tree was convenient to the highway as well as many dining and shopping options. Our reason for our visit was to see SEMO which is an easy 10 minute ride down the road. This property is very clean and fairly comfortable-the linens on the bed again were a little lower quality than what you'd find at a regular Drury but not terrible. The room was a nice size as was the bathroom. The staff, as always, was outstanding and so friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the morning was very nice with lots of options. No "happy hour" but free popcorn and lemonade in the lobby until 10 p.m. We stayed here free using my Drury points-I would stay here again if the price was right (or free) but for an extra $10 or even $20 I think I'd consider one of the two full service Drury's located just down the road.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family