“Great Hotel”

Auburn Place Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Cape Girardeau
Reviewed 13 June 2013

While on a motorcycle trip, we found this hotel. Not only were the rooms & facility great, the staff was amazing! After a bad experience at a hotel across the street, Andrew was very friendly & welcoming, offered us a great rate, & even offered to show us a room. The following day, Su (front desk), not only gave us directions to a business we were needing but called to verify they were open on Sunday & had what we needed. Now that's superior customer service! Every single staff member we encountered was very friendly.
The pool / game area was really nice, the breakfast was way above average & our room (jacuzzi king) was exceptional. This hotel is very modern, spacious, & clean. We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: They have rooms that have doors off the hall & ones with doors outside. We had an inside room. I...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 June 2013

I always look at trip advisor before planning trip. I was looking for an overnight stay somewhere below St Louis. I decided on Cape Girardeau. I searched the internet for a coupon. Found one, great value. I stopped on the way to our destination, and booked the room.
I was really surprised at the friendly people that worked at the hotel. Both desk clerks were great. Smiling and being in charge. We left to go to our destination. We returned three days later to fulfill our reservation. Again, friendly and cordial desk clerks. Very polite. Check-in and went to inside room, on the Atrium. Room was large, free internet, free continental breakfast(large), and free cookies and milk at 8pm. Large Flat screen Tv. Bathroom was good. The facilities were great. Remember I used a coupon. The value was super.
It was a great stay. I will return.

Room Tip: You can choose between a inside room in the atrium or outside room. I choose the inside room, becau...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

The rooms were very nice and very comfortable. I can't say enough about how great the staff was. They offer a good, hot breakfast in the morning, and fresh-baked cookies at night. Red Lobster and Olive Garden are across the parking lot-we went to Red Lobster and were very impressed with their service and food. Reasonable rates, especially with the on-line coupon we found. Would absolutely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We had family in town that were staying at this hotel. My husband and I met them, and even though we live 25 minutes away, we decided to stay here as well & managed to get the last room available. The front desk was very pleasant. They did have an unexpected full hotel due to the Burlington Northern / Union Pacific railroad disaster in Rockview, MO. There wasn't any outside gathering area for groups, but we made a parking spot into our hangout, and the employees didn't mind. We were able to enjoy the family. The Security Guard was walking around late at night and he was very friendly as well. The inside pool/hot tub were nice. They have a ping pong table / fooseball area that we utilized. My husband and I stayed at this hotel years ago and have used their honeymoon suite and their jacuzzi suites - both were great then as well. The free breakfast was good, just ran out of things quickly --- I know that due to the railroad crisis, they were probably just under-staffed or unprepared for a full hotel with breakfast demands. Nothing fancy about the room, but the beds were comfortable and that's what we needed!

Reviewed 22 May 2013

I can't say enough nice things about the staff at Auburn Place. We had an unexpected vehicle breakdown in Cape Girardeau, and so I spent a couple nights at this location. The first night was a scheduled stay and was our first time at this hotel and we used one of those travel booklet coupons. We were impressed by the friendliness of the clerk and really impressed by the type of room that we received for the money. Very spacious.
The hotel offers a large game area that includes electronic games, pool tables and a ping pong table.
The next day we experienced our car problems and the car had to be garaged for a few days waiting on parts. We continued on with our trip, but had to come back a few days later to pick up the car. Due to a delay in the parts arrival, I had to stay another night, and I didn't hesitate to stay at the Auburn Place. While we were waiting to find out if the parts would arrive and the repairs could be made on the next day, the staff arranged for a late checkout without me even asking. And when I explained my quandry, they said not to worry that they would work something out. Luckily, the car was repaired on time.
The breakfast bar is well stocked and very well maintained. The women that was taking care of the bar was really attentive to it's needs, and never let anything get depleted. She also made sure that tables were cleaned on a timely basis. She is a real asset to this facility.
I can't say enough about our stays here recently. I would not hesitate to stop in again.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

We are on the road for several days and found this hotel on Trip Advisor and glad we did. Large, clean rooms, great breakfast. Staff pleasant and helpful with dinner suggestions. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet interior room
Reviewed 14 May 2013

So a whole day of travel in the rain fm "ArOmaha" we arrived to a super friendly staff, smell of cookies and a covered drive up
Yeah!!!!
Pro's:
Right off highway, convenient box stores, Target, gas etc in close proximity, Red Lobster a walk across parking lot
Super friendly staff
Clean lobby and guest areas
Starbucks and gas across street for clean take off in the early am
Cons:
Renovation may have been in common guest areas and some rooms but rest assured the guest room bathrooms were left out of any renovation. Ours still had "hairs", crappy shower head and paint chipping from ceiling while you're standing there brushing your teeth not a plus, carpet nasty
Pillows were horrible, like a pillow case stuffed with lumpy cotton balls (note to self, always bring your own pillow on long roadtrip)

I'd say go the extra hour to Sikeston just for Lamberts Cafe and the best warmest fluffiest thrower rolls ever!!!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends