“These people are amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Auburn Place Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Cape Girardeau
Saint Louis
“These people are amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

I called and made a reservation. I almost made a registration at another hotel because I love booking online, and this hotel showed no rooms available. On a hunch, I decided to call, and there was a room available. When I called, the representative I spoke with asked for the nature of my trip. I advised her that I was spending the weekend with my family for my birthday. When I got to Cape Girardeau to check in the next day, it actually was my birthday. When I checked in, I guess the reserving agent noted that it was my birthday, because they actually did wish me a Happy Birthday during check in. After taking our luggage to the room, we went out to meet my parents for dinner. When I got back, I saw that there was a birthday card and a bag of candy in the room. This is just an example of how the people who work here go above and beyond no matter how many times we stay here. I am a firm believer of excellent customer service making the difference between an amazing experience and a poor one. I commend Auburn Place in Cape Girardeau for always displaying excellent customer service to my family whenever we visit. We will definitely stay here whenever we come to Cape Girardeau.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, it may be best to choose an outside room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

I am frequently in Cape Giardeau and the company I was in town for booked and paid for the room along with a male in our group. At the end of our second day several of us decided to go to dinner together and we would meet in the lobby at a set time. While I was changing there was a knock on my door and it is my co-worker. I was puzzled as I did not tell him what room I was in, nor did we arrive back at the hotel together. I told him I would be just a minute and then we walked down to meet the others. This bothered me so I asked how he knew what room I was in and he informed me that the person who checked him in gave him my room number when he checked in!!! Are you kidding me? This is not ok. When I returned home I called and left messages for the Manager and received no call back. I finally ended up calling their corporate office and talking to their VP of Operations. He did a little investigating and called me back and apologized and was very flustered because it was the hotel manager that give my co-worker this information.! I was stunned. This is never ok. NEVER! This man had no idea who I was and if this was ok to do. He did not call my room and ask me to tell my co-worker my room number, he just took it upon himself to give this information out without any consideration for my privacy or my safety.

As far as the hotel goes. It is clean. It could use a good cleaning of the walls and ceilings! Dust is very visible on dark paint!

The interior rooms are quiet with the exception of the piped music that starts at 7am and does not shut off until 11pm. I had a room on the interior courtyard and it was peaceful. The rooms by the pool seem as if they would be horrible as the pool had screaming children at all hours.

The staff of ladies who checked me in were wonderful and a credit to the company.

This would have to be the only option available in order for me to stay here again. I just do not feel safe thanks to the actions of a very careless manager! His actions alone are the reason for my poor rating.

Room Tip: Request an inside room on the courtyard away from the pool!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank beachgirlinmo
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

My 10 year old son and I stayed here on Nov. 2nd for a swim meet in town. The hotel is conveniently located right off I-55 and is close to several chain restaurants (Red Lobster is about 50 feet away). The staff at the front desk was very friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable. Wherever I stay I examine the sheets and the pillowcases. They were spotless and hairless, which seems rare these days. The bathroom was clean and spacious.
The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub, but my son passed after having been in a pool all day for his swim meet. There were lots of games to entertain both kids and adults (billiards, foosball, video games, etc.).
We enjoyed a very good breakfast in the morning, which offered of a wide variety of choices including eggs, sausage, muffins, cereal, biscuits and gravy, waffles, fruit, etc.
If we're ever back in Cape Girardeau, we will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Dave H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

If your looking for a nice hotel in Cape and don't want to leave this is it. Indoor Pool, Large hot tub, pool tables, ping pong, hot breakfast. For dining Red Lobster is about 30 feet from hotel and Texas Roadhouse is about a block. Mall 2 blocks away. Love this place!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brent G
Hernando, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I was amazed and wowed at the accommodations of this hotel. The room was well appointed and spotless. There was a pool, whirlpool and exercise room available, also they served a hot breakfast gratis every morning. We were in the courtyard area which could be noisy, but found if you turned the ac/heating fan on high, all noise was gone and we slept without interruption. The staff seemed genuinely concerned and were extremely accommodating. We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Rooms not on the courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We recently stayed at the Auburn Place for three nights while at my wife's class reunion. We have stayed at many hotels over the years, and I found the staff at this hotel to be among the best ever.....if not the best. Everyone was always ready to do whatever it took to make you happy and they all had a smile on their face the whole time. The facility was spotless and our room perfect. We had a king on the inside, just off the main atrium area. Since we did not have children with us, we requested not to be in the other end, around the pool. That is perfect for families, but we wanted the quieter spot. The front desk staff understood completely and went out of their way to make and confirm that our reservation was for the area we preferred. Very nice complimentary breakfast every day that included both hot and cold selections. I would give a 100% recommendation for this hotel to anyone visiting the Cape Girardeau area!

Room Tip: The interior rooms around the pool are great for families with children who will use it. Can be noi...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank charden2013
Wellborn, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Not what we expected. Interior room by pool was awful. Group of kids screamed and I mean screamed and shrieked from 8 p.m. 11 p.m. There is a difference in getting in a pool and relaxing and just being totally rude and indifferent to other guests. But that is a reflection, too, on their parents! Finally had to call the front desk and they sent security down. And then it started again at 8:15 a.m. The next day. Carpet had spots on it. And a blanket from a drawer had multiple holes in it. Geez. Completely dissatisfied. Never go here again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. And if you have misfortune to stay, DO NOT get near the indoor pool!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family