“Great value and service”

Auburn Place Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Cape Girardeau
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Auburn place is a little older, but it is very clean, The attendants were very friendly and courteous. The motel has an indoor pool that was quite warm and a hot tub. It also has a few video games and game tables. The breakfast is warm, which is always a nice way to start the day.

Room Tip: You can hear the pool if you face the atrium. It was quiet after 10:00 pm, but if you want to go to...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jillianjh

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Weary travelers are always looking for a hassle free, great nights rest, no security issues, a welcoming staff, a great bed and a really clean room. We found all this on our recent trip to Florida and more. It was a very pleasant surprise and the complete, hot breakfast was a real bonus for a place that shows some of the cheapest rates in the area. We made it a priority for our return trip home, trated like kings and I'll stay with these folks anytime!! A perfect stop!

Room Tip: Lots of families staying for the pool, if that's not what you want , ask for a room at the offic...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Doug A
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I (and our canine friend) stayed at the Auburn last night because it was the only nicer hotel with a vacancy north of Memphis due to deplorable highway conditions. We were exhausted cold and bedraggled and 'lo and behold' we found the nicest and most professional staff we have ever encountered. The parking lot was full. One of the men at the desk saw our car circling and came outside insisting we take his parking space! The hotel was spotless with an attractive layout, warm and welcoming decor, very comfortable large room and thoughtful amenities that were not bolted to walls or glued down :). We did not breakfast there but the cookies in the lobby were very tasty. The only downside was the lack of elevator. We would trade an elevator any day for the other rare attributes.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cathdm
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We made a RSVP for a second floor inside room but when checking in we found out they had NO elevator.Our RSVP got cheerfully changed to on outside entry first floor room. Our room was motel like with our car backed up right to the door for easy to carry luggage right inside the door. I thought this would make sleep difficult and noise ,BUT IT WAS NOT. We went outside our room down to a door you walk down a hall that leads to the atrium and pool area the pool was open on this Sat. night till 11:00PM(Because of the noise in the pool area I am glad we have an OUTSIDE ROOM AWAY FROM THE POOL) atrium leads to the office area they have complementary milk and cookies. In the morning a complementary breakfast in the atrium 6-10AM. Room is nice with desk /office chair, USB plug-in, micro/fridge,4-cup coffee maker, flat screen TV, lg. dresser w/many drawers. Nice lg. bathroom, ironing board w/iron. Carpet & bath tile dated but the rest of the room clean well equipped and quiet. The bed was comfortably firm but not to firm. We would stay her again. Very nice breakfast in the morning, nicely staffed by multiple people.

Room Tip: Rooms near pool on weekends tend to be noisy with indoor pool by rooms. Pool open till 11:00pm. Sat...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jeep057
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

We were only in town one night to attend a wedding, the Auburn is very clean and a beautiful place. The staff is very friendly and nice! They have a great breakfast and the price is very reasonable! So if you are looking for a safe comfortable place to stay this is it!

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Cr8906
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My family and I stayed in one of the suites here for about two months while my husband was working on a film that was being shot in Cape Girardeau this past fall. Staying in a hotel with two small children easily could have driven me crazy, but our suite was so nice and spacious. The hotel itself is in a great location close to restaurants and grocery stores. And, last but not least, the staff was always so helpful and friendly. Our suite was cleaned on a daily basis and always looked perfect when done. When it was time to leave, although ready to be in the comfort of our own home, we were a little sad to go. It had become our little home away from home. Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the first suite on the first floor- just to the right of the check-in desk. Very spacio...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank khl221
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I called and made a reservation. I almost made a registration at another hotel because I love booking online, and this hotel showed no rooms available. On a hunch, I decided to call, and there was a room available. When I called, the representative I spoke with asked for the nature of my trip. I advised her that I was spending the weekend with my family for my birthday. When I got to Cape Girardeau to check in the next day, it actually was my birthday. When I checked in, I guess the reserving agent noted that it was my birthday, because they actually did wish me a Happy Birthday during check in. After taking our luggage to the room, we went out to meet my parents for dinner. When I got back, I saw that there was a birthday card and a bag of candy in the room. This is just an example of how the people who work here go above and beyond no matter how many times we stay here. I am a firm believer of excellent customer service making the difference between an amazing experience and a poor one. I commend Auburn Place in Cape Girardeau for always displaying excellent customer service to my family whenever we visit. We will definitely stay here whenever we come to Cape Girardeau.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, it may be best to choose an outside room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family