“Nice place to stop while traveling”

Auburn Place Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Cape Girardeau
Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice place to stop while traveling”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The staff were very pleasant both when I called for the initial reservation and when we checked in and checked out. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Would easily stay here again if the opportunity presented itself. Seemed to be conveniently located with several restaurants in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BKW0056

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Marmaduke, AR
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My 7 year old and myself were following the band my son works with from Southaven, Mi to Cape. We did not arrive till around 2am. We found nice helpful people at check in. Our room was clean and comfortable. We loved the pool and was glad that it opened at 8. After a good breakfast we were able to enjoy the pool area. At checkout the ladies were wonderful and very knowledgeable about the area and gave great directions.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jastone
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We were traveling with 4 teens and 3 adults and needed to stop for the night. The Auburn place was a fantastic find. The pool/hot tub and game area for the kids was perfect and the hotel was clean and staff very friendly. The breakfast area was clean and spacious and offered plenty of good choices. The only thing I would change is later pool hours as we were too late to take advantage of the pool upon check in as it closed at 10. I wish Auburn Place had locations in more states, as I would definitely look to stay at Auburn Place again. Great Hotel and a great price!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lisa H
Hollywood, Alabama
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

While the rooms were clean and the night time desk staff was great my stay was ruined by the unfriendly kitchen worker who began shutting down breakfast to early. I was making a Waffle and she is rudely opening the cabinets below me saying excuse me with a hateful tone and turns off the drink machine as I am standing there with my empty cup.she was 10 minutes early. I told the front desk who seemed to careless since they already got my money. They said to let them know if it happens again. What started off good left a terrible taste in my mouth and an empty feeling in my stomach where my promised free breakfast was supposed to be but wasnt. I will never stay here or at a partner hotel again. How rude

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank jasonhepler
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Auburn place is a little older, but it is very clean, The attendants were very friendly and courteous. The motel has an indoor pool that was quite warm and a hot tub. It also has a few video games and game tables. The breakfast is warm, which is always a nice way to start the day.

Room Tip: You can hear the pool if you face the atrium. It was quiet after 10:00 pm, but if you want to go to...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jillianjh
Iowa City, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Weary travelers are always looking for a hassle free, great nights rest, no security issues, a welcoming staff, a great bed and a really clean room. We found all this on our recent trip to Florida and more. It was a very pleasant surprise and the complete, hot breakfast was a real bonus for a place that shows some of the cheapest rates in the area. We made it a priority for our return trip home, trated like kings and I'll stay with these folks anytime!! A perfect stop!

Room Tip: Lots of families staying for the pool, if that's not what you want , ask for a room at the offic...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Doug A
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I (and our canine friend) stayed at the Auburn last night because it was the only nicer hotel with a vacancy north of Memphis due to deplorable highway conditions. We were exhausted cold and bedraggled and 'lo and behold' we found the nicest and most professional staff we have ever encountered. The parking lot was full. One of the men at the desk saw our car circling and came outside insisting we take his parking space! The hotel was spotless with an attractive layout, warm and welcoming decor, very comfortable large room and thoughtful amenities that were not bolted to walls or glued down :). We did not breakfast there but the cookies in the lobby were very tasty. The only downside was the lack of elevator. We would trade an elevator any day for the other rare attributes.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple