“Good hotel, bad nights sleep”

Auburn Place Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Cape Girardeau
Dunkirk, Ohio
“Good hotel, bad nights sleep”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were impressed with this hotel upon arrival, with it's large dining area, nice pool area and the bonus recreation area with pool tables, Ping-Pong and foosball. Rooms were nice, as was the welcome staff.
When my wife booked this hotel in February, she told them we wanted a quiet room, away from the indoor pool. Well, they put us in a room directly across the hall from the doors that go into the front desk and kitchen. There was a loud man talking and laughing way past midnight, and then the morning breakfast woman was banging around pots and pans at 4 am. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep after asking for a "quiet" room.
I liked this hotel and what it had to offer (as well as a good price), but after 8 hours on the road with another 8 hours of driving the next day, what I really needed was a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Do not get room 104!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
FDL, WI
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The front desk person was very helpful and friendly. Room was very nice and clean. The pool was clean and our daughter said the temperature was good. Breakfast was very good with many choices and located in a nice atmosphere. Overall would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Randy-Shelly
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We have stayed here many times as we trek to and/or from the southwest from Kentucky. This is an older hotel, but is very clean and comfortable. The pool area is pleasant and there are video games for the kids. Hot breakfast is very good. Within walking distance of a number of restaurants and driving distance of many more.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa1946
Doniphan, Missouri
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at the Auburn Place many times. Always pleased. Sue at the desk always remembers us. Very clean. Great suites. Even let's us come in early and stay later if needed for my husband's work. Will stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ksrudd1962
Overland, Missouri
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have stayed here before many years ago when it was the Victorian Inn. I knew it would be a great place to stay if I was ever in the area again, and I was not proven wrong. The room was very comfortable and I was very pleased with the WiFi. Easy to get on. I LOVED the fact that they offer cookies and milk in the evening. I indulged. The breakfast was good, but I would have liked to have seen real butter instead or as an alternative to margarine.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the hotel is ideally located near many great restaurants. The price was very competitive as well.
My only criticisms were that they could have perhaps supplied some conditioner and body lotion; very minor complaint, though, as I usually bring those items, but this time I forgot.
Also, I'm a light sleeper, and until about 11:30, it was a bit noisy outside my room, but then we were very near the main dining area. I probably would ask for a more remote room next time.
Any time you need a "home away from home" in the Cape area, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool or the dining area if you like peace and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dawson Springs Ky
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Cape Girardeau Missouri and it was due in part to the professionally run motel where we stayed. The area was clean, well lit and the breakfast was great. Cookies and milk in the evening was a great touch.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I am very pleased with this hotel , I would recommend auburn place to ever one the staff is so professional and pleasant all smiles my stay was wonderful and there was something for the whole family to do the kids kept busy and the adults enjoyed very family oriented.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family