“Family Fun”

Cape Splash Family Aquatic Center
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great place to bring the kiddos and let them play in the water and sun. Love to make a day of it. You never have to leave if you don't want. Food on premises, rest rooms, changing rooms...., they have it all and are close enough to other places if you want to grab a bite to eat before heading home.

2  Thank Darla C
in 21 reviews
in 22 reviews
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 16 February 2014

The boys had a lot of fun, sadly sometimes the meet the height requirement and other times they didn't for the slides on the same day, management was rather rude about it but management was a teenage girl.

1  Thank JoSondra W
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This is a good place to cool off with the family, but if another local pool isn't too crowded I would almost rather go there. I have seen young kids in the pool in underwear! Yuck! Also, I've seen other adults wearing shorts and t-shirts instead of proper swimwear. That is against the rules, but obviously not strictly enforced. My kids always enjoy it though, so I deal with the fact I'm a little grossed out. Thank goodness for germ killing chemicals. Also, there are tons of water bugs in the lazy river sometimes. Basically, it's not great, but will definitely provide fun for the family on a hot day. The concessions are reasonable and they sell a souvenir cup that you can refill for 50 cents. If you need to leave the water park you have to get a 15 minute pass. which I think stinks because if you would like to bring a cooler for lunch then you only have 15 minutes to eat and get back in.

2  Thank happyashtraveler
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We took a mystery birthday trip from Memphis. Hit Lambert's cafe in Sikeston, and then strolled up the road to Cape Splash. Finally camped out 15 minutes north at Trail of Tears State Park. Great weekend. The lazy river was awesome after a big meal. It moves fast! And the water temperature was great. Our 4 year old loved the lazy river, water fountain park, and the pirate ship slides. She was not quite tall enough for the big slides. Mom and Dad loved those though. Especially, the fully enclosed dark slide! Both admission and surprisingly concessions were very affordable (3 of us got in for around $20 total) I think the park is run by the city. It is smaller than some parks I've been to...but plenty to do for a four year old. We'll be back!

2  Thank OnTheRoadAgain38654
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We live 20 minutes from the waterpark but have been very few times - and I'm not sure why we don't go once a week! The price is average, especially since you can play all day if you want. They have plenty of shaded areas, lots of lounge chairs spread around the kiddie area and the deep pool. They have two smaller slides for kids and two larger slides - they are all fun. We had kids in the ages of 2-12 and they all had a blast. They have a large selection of items at the concession stand, reasonable prices. The eating area is shaded and plenty of tables to choose from. The lazy river is a hit, and last summer we had to wait a bit to get a double tube to float in, but this year they have had plenty readily available. They have lockers available for rent, not sure on the pricing for those. The shower / bathrooms were in good condition, considering all the water that gets drug through there. Friendly employees. I noticed a young child who was crying loudly and I didn't see any adult coming to help him...just as I started to ask if he was lost, an employee was racing over to him as well. Good to know they were keeping such a close watch. They have at least one lifeguard at every water area. Good family summer fun!

1  Thank 56JenniferG56