“Love this place!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Carthage
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Mother Road Coffee is a specialty coffee house on the historic downtown square in Carthage, MO, just 2 blocks off of Route 66. We are directly across the street from the beautiful Jasper County courthouse. We offer espresso based hot and iced drinks, tea, smoothies, and assorted baked goods (selection varies daily). Soup of the day added to our menu as of September 2013. All soup is made in-house. Please see our Facebook page for today's soup.
Missouri
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Mother Road Coffee has been a wonderful addition to our town. The atmosphere is always warm and inviting. The owners are super nice people that you could sit and chat with for hours if they weren't so busy mixing, baking and serving delicious drinks and baked goods. I have had many opportunities to enjoy MRC from lunch time dates with my husband, family birthday gatherings and spur of the moment meetings with girlfriends. Mother Road Coffee is a great place to sit and visit for awhile!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank mk1984

Kent, UK
“great place to chill out”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The staff here were really friendly and made you feel so welcome. it was nice to be able to sit back and relax with a coffee without feeling as if you were being rushed. The atmosphere was very pleasant and we stayed enjoying it alot longer than we had originally planned. Very chilled when we left !

Visited October 2013
Carthage, Missouri
“Really Good Coffee, Super Friendly People”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I recently moved to the area from a larger city with many coffee shops and I do have to say that Mother Road Coffee competes with the very best of them. The Coffee is excellent and the barrista's do one great job making a Latte. They are also incredibly friendly. My only complaint is that they only serve soup for lunch.

• Visited January 2014
Carthage, Missouri
“Do yourself a favor, visit Mother Road Coffee!”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I popped in for the first time last night before Carthage's Christmas Parade. The building and decor are just gorgeous and the staff were super friendly. My drink was absolutely delicious and I'm a bit of a coffee snob. Reasonably priced and I can't wait to come back when I can stay and hang out a bit as the shop is so homey and just makes you want to lounge about and read a book and visit with their awesome staff. Oh and they were quite busy but managed to get my drink to me rather quickly. So glad Carthage has this wonderful cofee shop.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank TeresaDeardork
MotherRoadCoffee, Owner at Mother Road Coffee, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Teresa, I just wanted to thank you for posting your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit, we thank you for stopping in on the evening of the parade. The lines got quite long at times and we truly appreciate everyone's patience. We look forward to seeing you again soon! ~Kara and Ed Hardesty
Joplin, Missouri
“Super”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

This is a great little gem that blends a cool 1930's look and vibe with great coffee, while somehow still maintaining a unpretentious, Midwestern feel. Reasonable prices and great cookies. My new favorite coffee shop!

MotherRoadCoffee, Owner at Mother Road Coffee, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
We truly appreciate every word of your review. Your description is exactly the feel we were shooting for when designing our space so reading it makes us smile. Thank you for your business and your kind words, we hope to see you soon! Ed and Kara Hardesty