“Changed my attitude about Best Western!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Carthage
Reviewed 27 July 2009

Not normally a big fan of Best Western hotels, but this one changed my attitude about the chain--heck, I even signed up for their rewards program! The check-in was great and the desk clerk offered lots of helpful information about the hotel, where to eat, etc. Rooms were comfortable and clean, as was the entire hotel. Location is good, off the main drag, but easy to get to town, highway, etc. Room was quiet and we enjoyed the stay. Only recommendation I would make would be to improve the breakfast offering a little. It was good, but not much in the way of choice--but it was free, so can't complain too much! Nice place to stay in Carthage, MO.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bushlamo

Reviewed 3 June 2009

A very pleasant experience. The rooms were nice and clean. There's a nice little gift shop in the lobby that sells ice cream and other snacks. The fitness center was a little on the small side (just three peices of equipment). I stayed there twice, and the second room I had was much larger than the first and also had a mini-fridge and microwave. All in all, the Best Western Precious Moments Hotel is a very pleasant place to stay at an affordable price.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Traveler4124
Reviewed 16 May 2009

I thought this place was a great deal. The rooms were pretty and very clean and the location was right off of highway 71. My only complaint is that the indoor pool was very dirty on the day we stayed, which grossed out the adults, but my 2 kids could care less.
So our stay was still an enjoyable one. I also wanted to add that the McDonald's nearby is the most nicely decorated one I have ever visited. The walls are painted a nice neutral color and some of the decor is wrought iron.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank bellano
Reviewed 1 May 2009

Hotel looks new, everything looks new, nice clean large rooms. Beds were a little low to the ground, I'm used to taller beds but they were nice. Inside room doors, you have to walk a little to your parking spot. Free breakfast was a little sparse. Precious Moments pictures in rooms and lobby. Everything was nice, but I have had just as good for cheaper, I guess you pay for the Precious Moments name. Looks like a safe area to stay, close to Precious Moments Chapel (a nice free tour).

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2009

We have visited this hotel twice in the last month for several days at a time. The staff has been very nice, the rooms are clean, water pressure is excellent. They also have a washer and dryer available for use. Wifi works great in the lobby, didn't work in the room on our first visit, but did on the 2nd visit. My daughter enjoyed the indoor pool and the free internet in the lobby. They also had a popcorn machine in the lobby during the first visit (broken during the 2nd). We did not bring our pets, but they do have pet rooms available. Breakfast included and is available upstairs from 7-9. Refridgerator / Microwave combo is available for $10.00 per day, we found that to be quite helpful. It's right by 71 Highway, there is a Walmart, Lowes, Gas, Quizno's and McDonalds all within walking distance. We plan at least two more visits within the next month or two.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2008

This place was great. The staff was very friendly. We reserved a crib and this Best Western had fitted crib sheets (unlike the hotels in the Choice Hotel chain which told us fitted crib sheets for the hotel cribs are not made). Best Western had the same exact crib. We asked for extra towels and pillows and the staff brought them right away. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 4 July 2008

We did a last-minute change in reservations on a trip to Louisiana. The first hotel we had booked online (Super 8 - Neosho, MO) could not find our reservations, so we had to do a quick scramble to find something that night which was the weekend prior to 4th of July. Everything seemed to be booked on our route.

We were finally able to secure a reservation at this hotel, and we were so happy with it! The staff was very friendly, the pool was nice, the beds were superiorly comfortable, great shower, and a great variety for the continental breakfast.

There were some teenagers (?) next door with voices that carried through the wall, but I turned the fan from "auto" to "on" and couldn't hear another thing. We slept very peacefully. We were so impressed with this hotel that we have reserved a room there for our return trip.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank EdFam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carthage
Econo Lodge
Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel
Days Inn Joplin
Days Inn Joplin
#7 of 24 in Joplin

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!