“Could be better.”

Homewood Suites St. Louis Chesterfield
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I'm staying here right now & will be here for quite a while. The past month stayed somewhere else which were the rooms were much nicer. My decision to move here was to have a kitchenette.
The lobby is very nice however my room looks like it hasn't been updated in 15 or more years. The leather ottoman looks like it was dragged behind a car. Looks like there is dried toothpaste on the carpet. The rubber that separates the carpet from kitchen floor has a gap at the anglevel that would hurt if stepped on wrong. The kitchen chair not sturdy & feels like it could fall apart. Parts of the walls look dirty & is not one of the quietest places I've stayed in.
*shrugs* at least I have a kitchenette. ..even though there was burnt residue in the skillet.

• Stayed: April 2014
HWSSTL, General Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites in Chesterfield. We appreciate your business and your comments. We are working with our Owner's on future renovations. We will share your comments and appreciate the opportunity to improve.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I have stayed in several Homewood Suites in various cities and had good experinces. This motel is an exception. The first room I was assigned was stuffy and smelled of pet urine and other animal smells. A used towel was still in the bathroom, a plunger was in the hall outside the door, the room was obviously not cleaned well and the furniture was worn. The second room was also warm, stuffy and had animal and urine smells; but the standard room cleaning had been done. The furniture was worn and an end table had one leg completely unattached. I adjusted the room thermostat to cool the room, sprayed Febreze throughout and even opened my windows. The room never cooled and the smell never fully went away. I did not try to find another motel because my family was meeting me there the next morning and I had not noticed any other motels in the area. I slept in that room two nights and ended up with a cold/allergy-type lung reaction which worsened and turned into a bronchial infection. It has now been 5 weeks and I am still coughing frequently and violently and feel exhausted. This motel allows pets (which I did not discover until after my stay) and does not clean the rooms accordingly. My daughter's room (the third room I was in) had a chair with a leg so loose that we removed it for fear someone (maybe one of the children) would sit on it and fall. The furniture in her room was also worn. Caution : the windows are low and can be opened, so it is an attractive nuisance for children. DO NOT STAY HERE UNTIL IT IS RENOVATED. IF YOU HAVE ANY ENVIRONMENTAL ALLERGIES, DO NOT STAY HERE. ALLOWING PETS SHOULD BE IN LARGE PRINT AND EASY TO SEE.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 248joym
HWSSTL, General Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We appreciate our guest comments. It is true, we are a pet friendly hotel. I'm sorry the room was not to our Hilton standards. I will address the cleanliness issue with our housekeeping department. I've also let the maintenance department know about the room repair needs. We are working with our Owner's on future renovations and appreciate our guests input.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Overall, we had a good stay at this hotel. We stayed in one of the two bedroom suites (2 adults, 2 children (6,10 years old)). The check-in process was quick and easy, and staff was very pleasant. There was coffee available in the lobby, and that was a huge bonus.
The room was clean and mostly comfortable. The hallways seemed overly warm, and the inside of the room was even more so. When we turned on the A/C, it didn't work. Maintenance responded quickly, but unfortunately the kid on duty at night was way over his head when it came to this repair. He called someone, and was able to get it cooled off a bit, and enough to get through a fitful night of sleep with the fans on (windows don't open). The next day, minutes after notifying the desk that it still was not working, the daytime maintenance responded and had it working within moments. Other than that hiccup, the rest of the stay went well.
The breakfast was standard, and good. There was ample seating and staff kept all items stocked. They also served dinner, though we never partook. It smelled delicious though.
The location was quiet and felt safe. It was easy to get in and out of, and close to a lot of restaurants and shopping.
We would definitely stay here again for our next trip to this area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Frined

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate your business and your comments. It's our guests that give us the opportunity to improve. We look forward to your return business.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Avoid room 336. 1st day luke warm water, 2nd day no hot water, told staff. That night had hot water. Next day back to lukewarm. Was not going to chance no hot water again so I checked out. Was credited for 1 night. Was this enough? Not sure but don't want to say I deserve more as I've never been in this situation with a Hilton property. I travel a lot. Other Thing that I notice was a very large gap between door and frame. I've never seen one so large. This allowed a lot of hall noise, so of course I heard the typical crying child down the hall. This comes with the territory, but the gap made things a bit worse... IMHO Breakfast did not meet the same standard as a Hampton inn or a double tree, but taste vary. Staff was present and listened, but comments like, "No one else complained" or "you are the only one with the issue", never go down well. Just saying...... I will not stay here again. see my review of the double tree westport. or Embassy Airport.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HWSSTL, General Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Again, we apologize for your experience here and thank you for bringing the hot water issue to our attention. It's guests like you that give us the opportunity to improve when a problem is found. I will bring your additional issue to the attention of your maintenance department. We appreciate your business and comments, so we can improve for the next time.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

the accommodations were very nice. room was peaceful and quite. fireplace was a nice touch and cozy. Staff was easy to work with and friendly. breakfast was okay, missing a few of the things I like, like gravy.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate feedback from our guests. Should you need further accommodations, we would love the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

After a bare knuckles drive through a snow storm from Quincy, IL, I finally arrived at this hotel. Like many other Homewood Suites stays, I had no issues during my 1 night stay.
Room was clean and functional. Breakfast was decently good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HWSSTL, General Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We've stayed at many St. Louis area motels and hotels, but Homewood Suites - Chesterfield really knows how to put out the welcome mat. Front desk folks always try to be helpful, and our suite is always clean and comfortable. Good location too; a safe walking distance to several nice restaurants and a major grocery store. And they're pet friendly ... Arf!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple