“Home away from home”

Homewood Suites St. Louis Chesterfield
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Everything was beautiful! The staff was great, and very helpful. It is right next to a great mall. The rooms are spacious and the beds are wonderful! We will definitely stay here again! And the price is not to bad either.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
HWSSTL, General Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate feedback from our guests. Should you need further accommodations, we would love the opportunity to serve you again!

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites St. Louis Chesterfield

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Very nice hotel suites with full kitchen and separate bedroom. Only stayed one night, but would have been great for longer stay. Excellent complimentary breakfast. Great staff and overall great experience. Nice outdoor pool, but we didn't have a chance to use it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
HWSSTL, General Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites in Chesterfield. We appreciate your business. Thank you for the kind comments. We look forward to seeing you on future trips.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Drive the extra 13 miles and stay at the Staybridge Suites.

Staff:
I was kinda irritated when I arrived by the evening desk attendant. One of the dinning room attendants went way out of her way to take care of me long after the dining session had ended and this I greatly appreciated!!!

I am not happy with the condition of things in this room!!!

Kitchen in room:
Teflon pots and pans are flaking, this is not healthy. The first breakfast I cooked tasted like burnt rubber, I believe there was a significant amount of burnt residue on the pan; I believe this was from a plastic utensil burning to/on the pan (I did get quite sick within several hours of that meal) - housekeeping brought me a clean pan upon request.

The "clean" dishes in the cupboards had food residue on them, crumbs in the frying pan etc.., I ran them all through the dishwasher and they did clean up so this means they were put away dirty.

No dish soap in the room to do a quick wash of dishes.

Coffee Maker: only the small 4 cup and no filters or basket to make my own coffee. NOTE: my last stay at Staybridge Suites I had a full sized coffee maker with filter basket.

Room condition:
Windows on first floor don't lock. (Security concern)

Carpet at separation between bathroom and bathroom is torn and lifting exposing the tack-board below, I found this out by stepping on it, fortunately it didn't break the skin. (Huge safety concern!)

Bed is saggy and old

Furniture and carpet are dated, dingy and old.

Convenience/accessibility of outlets Is much less than desirable.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites in Chesterfield. We appreciate your business and your comments. We are working with our Owner's on future renovations. Please do not hesitate to contact me, as we look to our guest for opportunities to improve. We appreciate the opportunity to fix the issues in your room.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I used the alarm clock next to my bed durring my stay. Unfortunbeately, the alarm clock was set 12 hours out of sync which made me late for a meeting. The alarm clock only indicates if it is set to PM (not AM).... Therefore, when I looked at the set-time when I arrived on the first evening and saw no AM or PM visible, I assumed that the clock was set correctly. I set the alarm at approx. 9:00 PM to wake me at 5:30 AM but because the clock time was actually set to 9:00AM it did not alarm as expected. This is the second experience that I have had with the exact same type of alarm clock causing me to oversleep and be late for an appointment -> This also happened at a Hoemwood Suites Hotel in Arlington Texas.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites in Chesterfield. We appreciate your business and your comments. We have addressed the clock in the room. We look to our guests as an opportunitity to improve. Thank you!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I'm staying here right now & will be here for quite a while. The past month stayed somewhere else which were the rooms were much nicer. My decision to move here was to have a kitchenette.
The lobby is very nice however my room looks like it hasn't been updated in 15 or more years. The leather ottoman looks like it was dragged behind a car. Looks like there is dried toothpaste on the carpet. The rubber that separates the carpet from kitchen floor has a gap at the anglevel that would hurt if stepped on wrong. The kitchen chair not sturdy & feels like it could fall apart. Parts of the walls look dirty & is not one of the quietest places I've stayed in.
*shrugs* at least I have a kitchenette. ..even though there was burnt residue in the skillet.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites in Chesterfield. We appreciate your business and your comments. We are working with our Owner's on future renovations. We will share your comments and appreciate the opportunity to improve.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I have stayed in several Homewood Suites in various cities and had good experinces. This motel is an exception. The first room I was assigned was stuffy and smelled of pet urine and other animal smells. A used towel was still in the bathroom, a plunger was in the hall outside the door, the room was obviously not cleaned well and the furniture was worn. The second room was also warm, stuffy and had animal and urine smells; but the standard room cleaning had been done. The furniture was worn and an end table had one leg completely unattached. I adjusted the room thermostat to cool the room, sprayed Febreze throughout and even opened my windows. The room never cooled and the smell never fully went away. I did not try to find another motel because my family was meeting me there the next morning and I had not noticed any other motels in the area. I slept in that room two nights and ended up with a cold/allergy-type lung reaction which worsened and turned into a bronchial infection. It has now been 5 weeks and I am still coughing frequently and violently and feel exhausted. This motel allows pets (which I did not discover until after my stay) and does not clean the rooms accordingly. My daughter's room (the third room I was in) had a chair with a leg so loose that we removed it for fear someone (maybe one of the children) would sit on it and fall. The furniture in her room was also worn. Caution : the windows are low and can be opened, so it is an attractive nuisance for children. DO NOT STAY HERE UNTIL IT IS RENOVATED. IF YOU HAVE ANY ENVIRONMENTAL ALLERGIES, DO NOT STAY HERE. ALLOWING PETS SHOULD BE IN LARGE PRINT AND EASY TO SEE.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 248joym
HWSSTL, General Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We appreciate our guest comments. It is true, we are a pet friendly hotel. I'm sorry the room was not to our Hilton standards. I will address the cleanliness issue with our housekeeping department. I've also let the maintenance department know about the room repair needs. We are working with our Owner's on future renovations and appreciate our guests input.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Overall, we had a good stay at this hotel. We stayed in one of the two bedroom suites (2 adults, 2 children (6,10 years old)). The check-in process was quick and easy, and staff was very pleasant. There was coffee available in the lobby, and that was a huge bonus.
The room was clean and mostly comfortable. The hallways seemed overly warm, and the inside of the room was even more so. When we turned on the A/C, it didn't work. Maintenance responded quickly, but unfortunately the kid on duty at night was way over his head when it came to this repair. He called someone, and was able to get it cooled off a bit, and enough to get through a fitful night of sleep with the fans on (windows don't open). The next day, minutes after notifying the desk that it still was not working, the daytime maintenance responded and had it working within moments. Other than that hiccup, the rest of the stay went well.
The breakfast was standard, and good. There was ample seating and staff kept all items stocked. They also served dinner, though we never partook. It smelled delicious though.
The location was quiet and felt safe. It was easy to get in and out of, and close to a lot of restaurants and shopping.
We would definitely stay here again for our next trip to this area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Frined

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate your business and your comments. It's our guests that give us the opportunity to improve. We look forward to your return business.