“My Favorite lunch Spot--Italian @ a Great Price.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Babbo's Spaghettaria
Ranked #12 of 200 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Charles, Missouri
“My Favorite lunch Spot--Italian @ a Great Price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

What makes Babbo's special is the atmosphere. It is just a small place--that makes you feel like you are "down on the Hill" in St. Louis. The house salad is one of a kind--light, not heavy. I always get the 1/2 salad--1/2 pizza special. Love the crisp and crunchy thin crust pizza. The service is always great and I leave feeling like I got a bargain. My husband can't believe the size of the meatballs that come with spaghetti--if you don't do a 1/2 order--plan to take some home.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Sharon95GCP

Metropolis, Illinois
“Great pasta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

We both had a nightly special. Excellent flavor and quality. Service was wonderful. Highly recomended.

1 Thank jlcarter1975
“Authentic fresh delicious Non-pretentious Italian food....affordable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

We stopped while driving through. Very cute inside, almost romantic, good parking. We are trying to be vegan for a little bit and they had fantastic options. A fresh mushroom broth and spinach pasta and the marinara. We brought our child and it was fine. With 2 fresh meals our tab wasn't 20$. Unreal!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ashimyer
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Been there, done that, coming back again and again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Unbelievable food for the coin. Babbo's does not take reservations and will not take put you on 'the list' until your entire party has assembled. So, come before 6 or after 8. I personally recommend the before 6. After 8, water is warm, bread and cannolis will be gone. Worst trip ever but I will come back; I just need to manage arrival time.

Visited August 2013
Bella Vista, Arkansas
“great food great service affordable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

An acquaintance suggested we try this restaurant and we are glad we did. We stopped in for a late lunch yesterday and were surprised to find the restaurant still about 1/2 full. After trying the food and the great service we understood why. They run a lunch special of 1/2 serving of salad and 1/2 a serving of pasta for $10 (some dishes are a little more). But their version of 1/2 a serving would be a full serving in my opinion. We each had a different salad and dressing and both were excellent as was the Italian bread that was brought to the table with the salads.

For a pasta course my wife opted for the cannelloni and I got the Tutto mare with shrimp, clams, crabmeat, shrimp broth over spaghetti. Both dishes were wonderful tasting and well presented.

The restaurant also has a pretty good and yet affordable wine list and to make it better they have 1/2 price glasses during the lunch hours. We each had a glass of wine both of which were good, Then our server came over with a tasting size of her favorite red on the menu which we tried and admitted it was better than the ones we had ordered.

The staff was friendly and always smiling while they did their work. The restaurant is in a small shopping center in "the valley" as people here in St Louis call the large shopping area near I64/40 highway and the two new outlet malls. The decor is nothing really special but the solid wood tables and chairs and with the Italian accents and music playing you could pretend you were in a small trattoria in Italy. But luckily here everyone speaks English.

This is a great little restaurant that deserves local support but the food is good enough to encourage shopping visitors to give it a try and be pleasantly surprised.

• Visited July 2013