“Huge property with great exercise facilities”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Chicago, Illinois
“Huge property with great exercise facilities”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The property is just beginning a remodel, but just a minor inconvenience at this point. The facility has a great work out facility with pool, tennis courts and a couple nice bars for after. The rooms are in the stage of need a refresh, but they are still well maintained and clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and property is in a great location with lots of great restaurant choices nearby.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
cincinnati
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My wife and I made an impromptu trip to STL since my alma mater (Ohio University) was playing in the Sweet 16 at the Edward Jones Dome. She is originally from the Chesterfield area and we wanted to stay west of town in order to minimize drive time to visit friends and family. I quickly used the Priceline "Name Your Own Price" option midweek to get this 3.5 star hotel for a very fair price.

When we arrived we learned the reason for the deal, the main entrance/lobby was under construction. And it was noisy. No worries on my end but that might annoy a more finicky traveler. Check in was a breeze and the staff was delightfl, even offering us two warm chocolate chip cookies from the oven/warmer.

My main thing for hotels is the comfort of the bed. This was one of the top 10% hotel beds i've slept in, very comfortable. I also enjoyed the Wolfgang Puck coffemaker.

CONS: noisy in room A/C, i called it The Rattler. no air fan in the toilet/shower room. the construction made carrying bags over traffic cones a small challenge, especially with lack of electric opening doors. Televisions were outdated, no flat screens.

PROS: friendly staff, without exception. very cool athletic facility attached to hotel, 9 indoor tennis courts and indoor pool, large gym with free weights, fullcourt indoor hoops, 22 acre complex, plenty of parking.

We decided to stay in the area a 2nd night to give us more time to visit our peeps. I decided to book a 2nd night at the Doubletree despite the fact a 4 star hotel downtown was offering a ridiculously low comparable price. That's no faint praise. We enjoyed our stay at the Doubletree and would have no qualms staying there again.

Room Tip: Hotel rates significantly lower on Priceline Name Your Own Price option. Warning: you must prepay...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We booked our room though an online company, but called in advance to let them know we would need a room with two beds. I was told they couldn't guarantee that until we arrived. When arrived it was raining and the hotel was under construction. There was no place to park and go inside to register without getting soaked. We were told we would have to wait for a room and for the wait we would be upgraded to a Hilton honors suite, but that was not the case. The room was large, but the beds were small and soft. The air conditioning was pre-set and would go no lower than it's set position. My family and I would wake in the middle of the night drenched in sweat. We asked the hotel to do something about it, but they said there was nothing they could do. I left my watch and earrings and called the next day to be told they were not found. We were directed directly to house keeping, not the front desk or the manager of the hotel. It seems I'm out a watch and a pair of earrings now as well. I would not stay there again or recommend it to anyone I know. We stayed from March 17-20, 2012

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CHaynie70
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 11 March 2012

My company put me up in this hotel for a week during my training. As a sales rep I have stayed in a lot of hotels and this by far was the best experience! I ate at the hotel restaurant every morning for breakfast and was surprise when my server remembered my name and exactly what I like to drink and eat. Being away from home is hard, but having a wonderful, friendly face like Yongae was a pleasant treat. The hotel was very clean and everyone went out of their way to make the stay enjoyable. The hotel food was great, the bar has a complimentary happy hour during the week and got pretty busy the weekend I was there. Free shuttle to the golds gym and close restaurants. Highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Houston
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed here on a Sunday night heading back into St. Louis on business.Despite being a large hotel, the lobby felt warm and inviting and I never felt like I had to do the usual trudge to the room you end up with at larger hotels.

I will say that the room was a little small. But, to me, it felt really cozy and warm. Especially as I had been Scuba diving the two days prior and I was both cold and exhausted. The bed was really comfortable ( I slept like a log), the flat screen TV was great and the room looked really nice. I loved the linens and all in all, this was a great upgrade from the dive (scuba that is) hotel I had been staying at out in the boonies.

When I went out to dinner, I noticed that there was some sort of event going on. Regular business travelers will likely groan at hearing this. But, I had absolutely no problem as a result. No screaming kids running up and down the hall, no loud music late at night, nothing.

Another nice perk, despite the hotel feeling like it is back in the woods, there is a large mall and few retail strip malls within a mile or so of the hotel. So, you get the best of both worlds without the traffic noise or the parking headaches.

All in all, a good stay with nothing negative to report. Next time I am in the area I will be staying at the Doubletree.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I was there on business and my wife tagged along for fun. This is a very good value for the suburbs of St. Louis. There is a large mall nearby and lots of good restaurants within a few miles. The staff was very helpful and accomondating. The lounge looked typical for a hotel, but the drinks were very reasonable priced and we had fun before going out to dinner. The rooms are very nice, clean and well maintained. I will stay here again!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Ryan K, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Your comments are exactly what we love to hear and what we strive for everyday. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

I am very pleased after reading your comments and I look forward to taking this opportunity to share those with our team.

I do hope that if you ever need our services again in the future, that you will consider staying again with us.

Best wishes and much thanks,
Ryan Konz
Merton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 31 January 2012

My stay started badly when both my co-worker and I both had to try about 10 times to get our keys to work when we arrived at our rooms. Later that night, it took him about 25 times and mine never did work

So when I tried to go to sleep there was this whistling noise, like the wind blowing around the window. When I finally gave up at 2:30, and checked it out, I found it was coming from the wall mounted air-conditioner. So I turn it on (one setting) to mask the noise and it sounds like a freight train right next to your bed. An awful night of sleep! In addition, the doors close very loudly and the gap in the room doors is so large you can see daylight.

The people at the front desk are very nice.

• Stayed January 2012
Ryan K, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback through Tripadvisor. I wish to express my sincere apology for the lack of accommodating service and accommodations you have received especially related to room keys and noise. I assure you that this is not indicative of the level of service and quality we strive to provide to each of our very valued customers.

Clearly we have failed to provide you with the quality and service you have come to expect and deserve with Doubletree by Hilton. Your comments and experiences at our property have been reviewed with the entire management team of the Hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology for any and all inconvenience and discomfort we caused you. Finally, if I may be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Ryan Konz