Our family just needed a place to sleep for the night during a long weekend trip to St. Louis. We wanted to be somewhat close to Six Flags (this hotel is ~30 minutes away) but not pay high prices for a hotel, so we used Priceline and ended up here. From reading the recent reviews I knew the hotel was undergoing renovation and it appears that people are getting the extremes - either beautiful new remodeled rooms or very old ones that need the remodeling badly! Well, I'm happy to say that our quick one-night stop here was wonderful! We got an amazing deal on the room but I was concerned that we might not get two beds (Priceline doesn't guarantee 2 beds) which we really needed with a family of four. Well, Chelsea at the front desk quickly put those fears to rest and said no problem, we had two doubles. Chelsea was kind, courteous, and professional, everything you would want in a hotel receptionist.
We must have gotten one of the remodeled rooms because it was in beautiful condition and extremely clean. The bathroom was spotless with new fixtures. Shower was excellent and the shower head was high enough I didn't have to do the squats while washing my hair (I'm 6'4''). I liked the extra little counterspace area behind the sink, gave you some extra room for toiletries & anything else. The beds were very comfortable with a good assortment of pillows. Only minor thing was the A/C - it worked well and cooled the room just fine, but it was somewhat loud. If you're picky and paying full price you might be expecting a flatscreen TV instead of the 19" CRT we had in our room but that was fine with us, it worked well. No free breakfast but that seems pretty typical for an upscale hotel such as this.
We didn't explore the hotel but I kind of wish we would have had time to do so, the lobby was beautiful and the other reviews mention that the indoor pool area is very nice as well. Saw people playing tennis on the property's courts out our window. There is also a large outdoor pool and hot tub area.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis-Chesterfield, located in the upscale West County suburb of Chesterfield, is located just off Highway 40, and is convenient to St. Louis area corporations and attractions. With easy highway access, Lambert-St. Louis International Airport (STL) is less than 30 minutes from our first-class hotel. Our full service hotel features spacious guest rooms and suites with all the comforts of home and a long list of amenities like wireless high-speed internet access. For your convenience, we offer a variety of food and beverage options, including our Lobby Bar for casual lunch and dinner, or The Cafe for elegantly prepared buffet and a la carte selections in warm surroundings. Our Chesterfield Athletic Club is one of the largest hotel health facilities in the area. Our guests have full use of sparkling indoor and outdoor pools, an indoor whirlpool, sauna and steam rooms, full cardio and weight training facilities, aerobics classes, racquetball and handball courts, a full-court gymnasium, indoor and outdoor tennis courts and walk/jog tracks. From our well-located hotel, business and leisure guests alike can enjoy local attractions like the Gateway Arch, St. Louis Zoo, Busch Stadium, Forest Park, Grant's Farm, Union Station, and historic St. Charles. Whether your stay involves business or pleasure, our friendly and courteous hotel staff looks forward to welcoming you to St. Louis with our special, signature warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Hotel And Conference Center St. Louis
- Doubletree Hotel Chesterfield
- Doubletree St Louis
- Doubletree Chesterfield
- Chesterfield Doubletree