“As good as the Ritz!”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The Ritz Carlton prides itself on customer service....We spent several nights at The Doubletree in Chesterfield and I can tell you that the service we received here was every bit as good the Ritz! Rooms were very nice, clean and spacious....the front desk bent over backwards to accommodate our party. The breakfast is fabulous! For only $7 more per night we got breakfast for 2 adults and 2 kids! We ate breakfast at the restaurant each morning...it was great. The facilities are very nice....the hotel is attached to the Chesterfield Athletic Club so there is access to 9 indoor tennis courts, basketball court, volleyball court, fitness center, indoor pool/hot tub, out door pool, outdoor tennis, etc....they really are nice amenities. I would like to give a "shout out" to Meaghan (manager), Emma, Aimee and Courtnie (front desk) for helping us during our stay...they really made our stay enjoyable. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Kim Z, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests are so important to our staff and management team. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. If there is anything we can do for your next visit in the future please do not hesitate on contacting me via e-mail or by phone.

Kim Zimerman

Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed 3 June 2013

If I were to stay for business, I would recommend it. I would caution those looking for event blocks for things such as weddings and bat mitvahs. The staff service was inconsistent, with the exception of one outstanding staff member and a great serving staff at their restaurant (food was great!)

We reserved 2 conference rooms. One on Saturday night, one on Sunday morning. On Sunday morning, my expectations were exceeded. We were properly directed to the room and the food and service was great. However on Saturday night, the staff could not find our reservation for a conference room and refused to give us the pizzas we had ordered because a guest called the double tree and requested for one pizza to be saved (the guests did not pay or order the pizza). When I (the bride in my wedding dress) requested the pizza they told me they were given very specific instructions not to give them out. They finally found our room and agreed to hand us the pizzas the WE had paid for and they were cold. We had guests waiting around for nearly 45 min before we could properly direct them to the correct conference room. The manager on staff (Vernita) was incredibly helpful and did all she could and was the one that was able to direct us to the proper place.

We had consistent problems with our wedding guests finding a room within our wedding block. The only person that we could direct any of our guests to for help was again, Vernita. She was very patient and helpful and helped our guests reserve rooms. My expectations would have been met if every person on staff was as helpful as Verntia and was able to reserve a room under our wedding block with any given employee at any time of day.

Our expectations would have been met if our guests were greeted with the baskets full of information for our wedding day the day they actually checked in as requested and as promised. Our guests instead had to request their welcome baskets, and the majority received them upon check out. All the information we had provided within their baskets was for naught. They still had several left over after our guests checked out that never got to them. I had to personally deliver them. I will never recommend and will encourage against trusting the Double Tree with welcome baskets.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emily H
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We were greeted with a smile at the front desk and delicious warm cookies were given to us!! Beautifully decorated and extremely clean room on the eleventh floor awaited us. We were impressed on how nice it was!!! That evening St Louis was under a tornado watch....sirens went off and we were directed where to go in the hotel which we immediately did!!!! Needless to say , we were very nervous about the weather as we are from Huntsville, Al and have been directly affected by the devastation tornadoes can create!!! This hotel made this into a calming experience.....Meghan White came through with bottled water, snacks, bananas, and updates so we knew what was going on at all times!!! I can't thank her enough because no knowing what is going on makes things a lot worse. Thank you, Meghan!!! They have a wonderful pool, basketball courts, cardio equipment, weights...you name it, they got it!!! Just bring your own headset if you want to hear the TV's. The buffet breakfast was the best I have ever had at a Hilton!!! Wonderful....can't wait to go back!!!! We stayed at Homewood Suites in Earth City and DoubleTree Westport prior to this and there is NO comparison!!! This is the place to stay when visiting St Louis!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Kim Z, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you for the positive feedback on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guest are very important to us. I am so pleased that our staff members made you feel very comfortable with the bad weather we had in St.Louis.If there is anything I can assist you with please do not hesitate on contacting me.hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I had a suite reserved for a one night stay. I had clearly requested a room away from the elevators and ice machine. The first room I got was next to the ice machine. On calling the reception, I was moved to the suite across the hallway. Unpacked, showered and tried to nap for a couple of hours. fat chance. this bedroom was right next to the elevator machine room. So, I had to pack again and call the helpdesk for another room.

I was transfered to the manager. Initially, she tried to play down the noise, claiming that the elevators were far away from the room. Difficult to believe as I just walked out and confirmed (visually) that this room was next to the machine room.

Finally, I was given a room as requested in the reservation. This room was nice and quite.

Breakfast was very nice and reasonably priced. Hotel location is close to the main parkway, but in a quite corner.

Overall, I would stay again, but will definitely confirm room number before checking into the room.

Room Tip: pick rooms in the low single digits to be away from the (noisy) elevators and ice machine.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Kim Z, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Thank you for the kind words on your last stay with us. Comments from all of our guests are so important to the staff. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I also wanted to apologize for the room situation. I am glad that they finally got it resolved for you. If there are any further comments, please do not hesitate on contacting me via- e-mail or by phone.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I was having a horrible day. I stopped by
the lobby bar to grab dinner to take to my room. Karen the bartender Suggested I try the New York strip because she said it was wonderful. It was the best steak I have had in a long time. She also recommended Her specialty drink which was called a "green eyes by Karen". It was phenomenal. I decided to stay there to eat instead of going back up to my room. By the end of my meal I felt much better and was so happy that I happened to stop by.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on trip advisor. Your comments are so important to the employees and management team. Your kind words about our staff really made us realize that hospitality is what we are all about. If there is anything else you would like to comment please feel free to contact me at the hotel. Hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

The beds were comfortable, rooms clean and the staff went above and beyond to make us happy. They had a restaurant in the hotel that had a great breakfast buffet. We enjoyed our stay and will use this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Grammy74

Thank you very much for writing such a wonderful review. Comments from our guests are so important to us. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and the employees went out of there way to please you. We do take our hospitality to the next level. We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed here in May on our way home from Denver. It is very close to the Chesterfield Mall which was nice so you didn't have to eat in the hotel restaurant if you didn't want to, you had other close by options. The bar area was very clean and the bar tenders were very nice and friendly.
Would for sure consider staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Kim Z, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you for the kind words on your last stay with us. Comments from all of our guests are so important to the staff. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. If there are any further comments, please do not hesitate on contacting me via- e-mail or by phone.