“They do not deserve our business.....”

Comfort Inn & Suites St. Louis - Chesterfield
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
New York City, New York
“They do not deserve our business.....”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We had the most upsetting stay at this Comfort INN. We had signed up for 3 nights. After 1500 miles of driving for a Robotics competition we were looking for some relaxation. I went to the reception to inquire about other room availability with 2 beds as we got a King room suite(family of four). The sofabed was dirty with white streaks on the side and mattress was sunken. The sheets for it looked used and were thrown in a pile in the chest of drawers. The front desk said they were full and had none available. I got a call in my room saying that they had a cancellation for 2 queen room. I said i would like to take a look before saying yes. We noticed the room was right opposite smoking rooms so did not take that room. We let the front desk know that we liked the microwave(ours was old and had a dial instead of touchpad) in there and can they exchange it with ours. She said she will ask the manager. I got a call again from her in my room and she said the Manager Jay said it is okay but the person who does it is gone for the day and we will do it in the morning since the microwave and fridge are attached to each other. I went to the front desk the next morning to find out when this will be done so that I can empty out the fridge. She called the maintenance manager who said it cannot be done and we never do it. My husband went to talk at the front desk and asked for the hotel manager. The Manager Jay told us that if we did not like the room we can leave and pointed us to the door. He also said that he will call the cops and arrest our family for trespassing. We have never had such treatment ever from anybody. It was aggravating for us. We were respectful through out our talk with front desk and the maintenance manager and the hotel manager. We were told the previous night by the front desk that things will get done and the manager approved. We were only following up the next day to find out when it will get done when the manager started showing us attitude because his maintenance manager refused to listen to him. I am sorry we chose Choice hotel but we are glad too because we discovered Drury Inn and got to experience first hand customer service!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank brookeusa2002

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Had a very pleasant stay for few days recently. Easy access to great restaurants, shopping and more via excellent shuttle service, clean hotel, comfortable and friendly staff. I highly recommend this Comfort Inn in the Greater St. Louis / West County area.

Room Tip: Call hotel directly. Friendly staff are very helpful to get good rates for a good room.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
columbia mo.
Reviewed 12 April 2013

me and the wife just gotaway for the weekend.very cleanhotel and the staff was very freandly and helpful.realy enjoyed our stay and great breakfast in the morn.stayed in one of the suetes this time realy enjoyed the jaquizie tub and big flat screen tv.we will be returning for our next weeekend out.

Room Tip: close to alot of shopping malls and hikeing trails
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel several times. Rooms have been okay. The front desk is usually lukewarm when I check in. There always seem to be tattooed young women out front smoking also and shouting into cell phones. Now I hear bedbugs found? I had some bites last night but I thought Mosquitos. Needless to say, I won't be back. Also, the fan in the bathroom roars loudly. Skip this one!

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Barry H
Conyers
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We spent one night at this hotel last weekend and found a bedbug in Room 210. The staff was very unconcerned about our complaint and offered no compensation whatsoever. Do not stay here - previous reviews also mention bedbugs and obviously they do not care!

3 Thank Annette H
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Stayed the weekend of March 23 for my Daughters 13th Birthday. The hotel had set up movies for the kids in their meeting space, there was popcorn in the lobby and the rooms were great. Great Beds, very clean and flat screens were huge. Thanks to the staff and the Comfort Inn for a great birthday for my little girl.

Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Had a nice pool - staff was very friendly - kid friendly hotel - room was very nice! Great location and lots of amenities near by. Will recommend to friends and family .... and will be back next time we are in Chesterfield!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Jay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites St. Louis - Chesterfield, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Thank you for your honest and positive review. Our hotel is always happy to receive praise as well as honest criticism. That is how we improve. Your positive experience shows that we are successful in our industry and our rate of return guests shows that we have built a solid reputation for taking care of our guests.