Comfort Inn & Suites St. Louis - Chesterfield
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Saint Louis, Missouri
“great stay”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

my family and I stayed over the weekend for a birthday party in town and just could not be happier with this awesome hotel. We arrived late and my youngest child smelled popcorn but it was all gone. The front desk person overheard the dilemma and promptly made a new batch just for us. Thank you Dennis! The room was clean and spacious. I think the breakfast was one of the best of any hotels. It was cold and rainy so the indoor pool was a life saver. This was a great experience and we will stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Try a mini suite or Jacuzzi suite
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

was the first odor that assailed me upon entering the room. Sure enough, there was a black Spider resting on the ceiling. I called the clerk & she promptly came & decided that we should just be given another room. She moved us to a wing that was insecticide-free, but the room was saggy & the floor corners in the bathroom were dingy, dirty, and needed attention. I'm thru w/Choice Hotels..can't count on consistently clean, tidy properties from property-to-property. As a retired, frequent traveler (pleasure) consistency (no issues) means everything.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Metropolis, Illinois
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed here one nigh with my husband while attending a marriage conference in nearby St. Charles, MO. We got a really good rate through a Priceline express deal. The hotel was fully booked as the Cardinals were playing in the World Series the next night. When I went get ice there was a very large crowd in the lobby drinking alcohol; however, I heard no noise from this party once in my room. Breakfast had several expanded selections. The staff kept it well stocked and the breakfast room was busy when we were there. The bed was comfortable and the room well furnished. We were given a king size handicapped accessible room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2013

They will charge you for nights you do not stay there. The manager refuses to return any customers phone calls even when your credit card company calls him. Even when the comforterlinn.com customer relations calls him he won't return your call. He is never available and the people that answer the phone cannot answer your your concerns about the overcharging. My room also smelled like smoke even though it said non smoking. They will overcharge you even though the ticket you sign says one night they will charge you for two nights. And then you can never get ahold of the manager to correct their mistake. Do not trust this hotel. Find another one there are many to chose from.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank bethandscott67
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stopped here on a cross-country trip purely because of its convenient location in the St. Louis suburbs. Area has many selections for restaurants, and is right off I-64. Generally an OK property, but a few complaints. The room was nice, but the walls were thin, and I could hear neighbors. So it was not like the quiet rooms I've had at other Comfort Inn properties. The internet was slow. On the plus side the breakfast was good, better than most, and the noon checkout time was more convenient for my schedule. Would probably stay here again, but maybe not my first choice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank RobtC
Palmyra
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I booked this hotel because all the reviews were great.....myself and the people I were with over the weekend would rate it differently. The location is great if you are shopping, I won't argue there. When you walk in it looks like a nice hotel. Big sign says we are non smoking hotel. When I walked in my room I was blown over by the smell of stale cigarettes. We even had cigarette burns on our bathtub. We had ants all around our window area and the air did not work properly. The toilet would never shut off, our bathroom smelled of vinegar and we had no alarm clock in our room. The next morning when checking out I asked if the hotel was truly non-smoking. Yes.....as of 2 months ago. I guess they don't realize once smoked in the smell doesn't leave. I learned a valuable lesson to now ask if the hotel has EVER been smoked in. Definitely would not recommend this hotel nor would I stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.....
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Madison, IL
Reviewed 15 September 2013

(I WROTE THIS ON GOOGLE REVIEWS BUT I WANTED TO WRITE IT ON HERE AS WELL) I was there with my husband over the weekend. The only problem during my stay is the elevator "overheated". It was not really a problem seeing that the hotel is just 3 stories high. I felt really bad for the staff because of an unruly guest in a blue shirt that made a huge fuss over it when the elevator was only down for maybe 15 minutes. As soon as they learned of the problem they fixed it immediately. The rooms were clean, the breakfast was FANTASTIC, and the staff was great. There was one in particular, I believe her name was Erika. She really went above and beyond to make sure that our stay was great and i have to say it is really nice to see such great customer service these days. Its hard to find and she was just great. l will definately be recommending this hotel to all my friends and family for that reason alone. Everything else is just a plus :)! Thank you!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple