“If this were San Antonio they would be out of business!”

Fiesta Modern Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #36 of 208 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Chesterfield, Missouri
“If this were San Antonio they would be out of business!”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I don't know why Hispanics lose their skill when they move North of the Red River, but the owner and chef at this restaurant have exceeded their ability to run a busy restaurant.

Mexican restaurants in St. Louis that serve tasty properly cooked food, are way too rare, Fiesta is no exception. The place is at best mediocre.

I was worried as we entered, the front of the house was totally confused and acted like they did not have a clue whether tables were available or not. Not a good start.

We were finally seated, and were promptly served salsa, chips water and menu's good recovery. Although busy our waiter was very prompt, professional and cordial.

I ordered a chicken dish and my spouse her standard enchiladas verde.

The salsa and chips were different. The salsa was not hot, but had a complex flavor. I could taste the cilantro, the garlic, onion and a touch of pepper. It was surprisingly good since I like my salsa spicy.

Food was delivered promptly and hot.

My wife enjoyed the enchiladas.
I was a bit disappointed. The pico turned out to be chopped iceberg lettuce, some plain tomatoes and a couple of slices of avocado. Definitely not pico de gaillo. The chicken breast was overcooked and dry as dust. The sauce was good but there was way too little of it.
St. Louis Mexican Restaurant score C or C-. If we still lived in Texas they would already be out of business.

The most annoying fact about the restaurant is that it is uncomfortably loud. Don't try and hold a conversation, it won't work.

Not a place I plan to visit again this year or next.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Stu K

Plano, Texas
“Very Average Food”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I chose this restaurant based on TripAdvisor Reviews for this area.

The restaurant itself was very clean.
However, the food was average TexMex. Nothing special, nothing terrible.
Chips and Salsa were delivered promptly - Salsa was very very mild, but tasty.

There is a bar area - but noone was sat there.

The staff did provide great service, and the ice tea was a good strength.

• Visited November 2013
Graham, Texas
“Good!”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

I'm from Texas so I consider myself a Mexican food expert. I give this place two thumbs up! They have a huge menu and we all had different things. Everyone loved their meal. The chips were fresh and the hot sauce was out of this world.

St. Louis
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hungry for Good Mexican Food?”
Reviewed 1 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This gem of a restaurant is tucked away in a little strip mall near Hwy 40. We were served quickly and the food met our expectations.. The food more than met our expectations for Mexican food so we made a return visit. There are extensive food choices. We noticed that there were quite a number of Mexicans eating there....a sign to us that the food would be more authentic and good. The prices also were quite reasonable and serving sizes were large.

Visited October 2013
Olathe, Kansas
“Great Mexican food!”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My husband and I were in the area for a wedding and stopped by here not really knowing what to expect. Let me tell you, this place was awesome! Flavorful salsa - but not too hot, yummy white cheese dip. I got the carnitas which were great! They were so tender, flavorful, had those yummy fried crispy parts and had some deliciously spiced onions on top. My husband had enchiladas with some mole sauce - he loved them, cleaned his plate then helped with mine! Best beans I've had - smokey flavor. Decent rice. Best part? Our bill was about $25! (We had water). Now we're sad they don't have one of these restaurants where we live!

• Visited October 2013