“Worst experience ever.”

Chesterfield, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst experience ever.”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Well I have been sitting here 20 minutes all I have is a drink and chips&salsa. People that were sat after me got their order taken by samw waitress as me. No I am not looking at my menu nor am I waiting for anyone. Sorry I can not review the food cuz I am not sure I will get any. It is not that busy.. got my food. I literally think taco Bell tastes better than this place. My food was only luke warm and my margarita tasted like cheap tequila. What a waste of money.

1 Thank stephanie1125

Pleasant Hill, Iowa
“Not REAL mexican”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Nice looking restaurant, but the food was pretty bland. I’m used to hole-in-the-wall real Mexican and this place was just too “modern” for real Mexican flavor. For okay food, it was rather expensive. I wouldn’t recommend this place if you like authentic Mexican food. One can do better and cheaper going down the road a bit.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank IABeachLover
Chesterfield, Missouri
“If this were San Antonio they would be out of business!”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I don't know why Hispanics lose their skill when they move North of the Red River, but the owner and chef at this restaurant have exceeded their ability to run a busy restaurant.

Mexican restaurants in St. Louis that serve tasty properly cooked food, are way too rare, Fiesta is no exception. The place is at best mediocre.

I was worried as we entered, the front of the house was totally confused and acted like they did not have a clue whether tables were available or not. Not a good start.

We were finally seated, and were promptly served salsa, chips water and menu's good recovery. Although busy our waiter was very prompt, professional and cordial.

I ordered a chicken dish and my spouse her standard enchiladas verde.

The salsa and chips were different. The salsa was not hot, but had a complex flavor. I could taste the cilantro, the garlic, onion and a touch of pepper. It was surprisingly good since I like my salsa spicy.

Food was delivered promptly and hot.

My wife enjoyed the enchiladas.
I was a bit disappointed. The pico turned out to be chopped iceberg lettuce, some plain tomatoes and a couple of slices of avocado. Definitely not pico de gaillo. The chicken breast was overcooked and dry as dust. The sauce was good but there was way too little of it.
St. Louis Mexican Restaurant score C or C-. If we still lived in Texas they would already be out of business.

The most annoying fact about the restaurant is that it is uncomfortably loud. Don't try and hold a conversation, it won't work.

Not a place I plan to visit again this year or next.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Stu K
Plano, Texas
“Very Average Food”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I chose this restaurant based on TripAdvisor Reviews for this area.

The restaurant itself was very clean.
However, the food was average TexMex. Nothing special, nothing terrible.
Chips and Salsa were delivered promptly - Salsa was very very mild, but tasty.

There is a bar area - but noone was sat there.

The staff did provide great service, and the ice tea was a good strength.

• Visited November 2013
Graham, Texas
“Good!”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

I'm from Texas so I consider myself a Mexican food expert. I give this place two thumbs up! They have a huge menu and we all had different things. Everyone loved their meal. The chips were fresh and the hot sauce was out of this world.