“Great hotel and great location”

Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis Chesterfield
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Great hotel and great location”
Reviewed 28 June 2011

This was our first time in a Drury hotel and we were very pleased with what they had to offer. With a family of five and three cats they were still very accommodating. We were on the 10th floor in a very spacious room.

The hot meal would have been good too but we went over to The Cheese Cake Factory; but I did partake in the free adult beverages (three per adult). The next morning the free hot breakfast was more than we're used to and again was very welcome by all of us. If I get a chance to do so I'll be staying in another Drury hotel in the future.

The pool was a winner for the kids too; it's an indoor/outdoor split pool where you can swim under the wall to get to the other side and it's only 5ft deep at its deepest (kid friendly).

Room Tip: Great free dinner and breakfast
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ryanerickson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 14 June 2011

As always, this was a phenomenal hotel. The pool was wonderful, and the room was clean, spacious, and beautiful. The lobby is so amazing when you walk in, and the eating area is awesome too.

You can't beat free dinner and breakfast during a hotel stay!!!

If you going to be in St. Louis, I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Reviewed 14 June 2011

My husband and I have stayed here several times. The hot breakfast is a great way to start the morning. Some hotels advertise "complimentary breakfast" but you can't beat biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage, pancakes, and waffles, in addition to the ususal breakfast cereal and pastries. The rooms are nice with a microwave and fridge. The evening drinks and hot food served as our dinner one night, and was certainly enough to fill us up. The pool and hot tub are very nice, and you can't beat the location and easy access to the Chesterfield mall and Chesterfield Valley-Boone's Crossing. The staff was very accomodating and friendly. The value keeps us coming back!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Illinois
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Stayed one night at this hotel & everything was fantastic! The lady at check-in was very polite & helpful, since I didn't have a reservation, she gave me the E-Saver rate...which was great!

The lobby & room was very clean and classy! I have a King Deluxe room & there was plenty of space to stretch out. The A/C worked great, since it was 99 degrees out.

Hotel is right next door to a nice mall, which has a Cheesecake Factory...I highly recommend going!

I would definitely stay here again & highly recommend it to anyone staying in the Chesterfield area!

• Stayed June 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 8 June 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Drury Hotel to attend a family wedding. The lobby was large, and free hot food and drinks were highly advertised. We did not try the food and cocktails in the evening, and found the breakfast to be fine- the same both days- not a lot of choice (scrambled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits, white gravy - and 1 lone little waffle maker for LOTS of people.) What clinched my attitude was on Saturday night. We returned to our room after having been out the entire day, to find it untouched from when we left it. When I went to the front desk I was asked, "What do you want us to do? Give you fresh towels, empty the trash?" At my insistance the room was cleaned- but jeez- I had to specifically request it?

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sampammike
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Location was good for me as our local offices were just around the corner. The room was great, specious and clean. it was closer to the freeway so at times it was too noisy. Also large spot lights are aimed at hotel at night, although decorative can be very disturbing at night if shades are not shut properly. Breakfast a bit standard but typical to US hotels

Room Tip: Take the ones towards the mall not the highway
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank tfu555
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 April 2011

I recently stayed here for two nights on business. This was my first stay at a Drury and I was very pleasantly surprised.

Checkin / Front Desk - I was greeted very enthusiastically by the desk staff when I entered the building. Check in was quick and thorough and they were sufficiently staffed. I had a few other occassions where I interacted with the front desk staff and they were always professional and pleasant. I was especially pleased when I'd inquired about the lack of pain relief options from the "market" area and was offered either Tylenol or Bayer for free.

Room - My room was a 2 Queen standard room. Loved the recliner and the full window. I faced the freeway and parking area, but it was not bothersome at all. The room had a generously sized TV and a very nice bath area. My only complaint would be the towels, they were pretty wimpy from overuse / washing and a bit scratchy. This was not fitting with the rest of the hotel at all.

Breakfast - I was only onsite during breakfast hours one of my two days there. It was your standard hot breakfast (pancakes, sausage, eggs), but the staff was extremely pleasant to interact with. I was there towards the end of the breakfast time and they stopped by and made sure I knew that it was closing at 9:30 and to be sure to take advantage of the last few minutes if I wanted to.

Daily Wind Down - I don't recall what they actually called this, but in the early evening the hotel offers free appetizers and up to three free cocktails. I really enjoyed this, it was a nice way to decompress after spending the day in meetings / working. I only enjoyed one beverage each night, but it was enough.

24 Hr Drinks - the beverage station with sodas and coffee appeared to be open 24 hours. Nice touch. It was especially appreciated when my colleages and I had to venture out in the wee hours of the morning.

It's safe to say that I am now a raving fan of the Drury and will seek them out in the future....

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business