“Not perfect, but a great value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Not perfect, but a great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

My wife and I wanted to get away for a night and decided to check out the Hilton Garden Inn. We paid less than eightyfive for a 'romance' package, which included a king bed, free full breakfast, and champagne/chocolate-covered strawberries delivered to the room.

The service from start to finish was very good. On arrival, they greeted us and were helpful and friendly, eager to serve. When we had a problem with our room (see below), they helped to switch our room immediately. And at breakfast, we had very attentive service.

I would complain about a very few things. The most obvious problem (hold off judgment until you read the whole review) was that our room had an ant infestation which we discovered about three hours after arrival. (There were hundreds of ants near the fridge, so clearly this is an infestation. I had to rate the 'cleanliness' a bit lower for this one reason.) However, the staff immediately upgraded our room to a suite and moved us to a nicer view. This room had no problems, no ants. Based on my observation of the rest of the hotel, I think the ants infestation is an isolated problem that should not keep someone from booking rooms here.

And then a few small complaints: The coffee at breakfast was not good, and the breakfast itself was very average. That said, I'd bet that most visitors will be satisfied with the selection and quality. Also, the hotel is very close to the highway. The noise was minimal, however.

Overall, we are satisfied and will definitely return. The shower was great: hot, consistent temperature, strong water flow. Aside from our one problem, everything was very clean. The beds were very comfortable. The television had 70+ channels. The staff serves warm cookies at 5 o'clock in the lobby. The pool and hot tub were clean. Also, the hotel looks pretty new and nice, as the pictures help indicate. Most important, we had a quiet room and enjoyed a good night's rest.

The hotel is in a pretty good location, actually: it's sort of isolated, in the sense that there aren't just a ton of business around it and that the property has a nice lake in front. Yet, you're close enough to (down the street from) many business, Target, restaurants, and a very nice and large shopping mall.

Room Tip: Upper floor seemed quiet
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, 4 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor and post a review from your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the hiccup we had in your room with the ants. It is something we do everything we can to fight them, especially during the summer months. I do apologize that this was found in your room during your stay and will make sure that this gets passed along to our housekeeping staff.

I am glad that you do consider us a great value here in the area and appreciate the opportunity to improve our hotel, which we are always trying to do. We have done so this year with a new fitness center, a new pantry, HD television in every guest room, and just two weeks ago, completed a month long project of new carpeting in the guest rooms.

If there is anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

My stay at the HGI in Chesterfield Missouri was outstanding. The front desk staff went out of their way to accommodate my stay, they were professional and friendly. When I told them I would be leaving early the next morning, before breakfast would be served, they sent up a box breakfast to my room for the next day. I will stay at this hotel every time I'm in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to post a review of your recent stay with us. I wanted to thank you for the kind comments about our staff during your short stay with us. The breakfast in the morning is something a lot of people enjoy and I apologize you were not able to enjoy it. However, I am glad that our staff could get you set up the next morning before breakfast started. I will make sure that this gets shared with our staff.

If there is anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you again for the kind words and look forward to your next visit with us when you are in Chesterfield. Have a great day today!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton. The people at the front desk were very helpful and made check quick. I was here on business for 5 days and made it comfortable. Overall, it was pleasant.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, 22 September 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel from your recent stay. I am excited that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations of Hilton Garden Inn, especially from a staffing point of view. I am glad that when you do travel to the Chesterfield area for business, that you have found your hotel and know that you will be taken care of each and every time.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband and I went for a weekend away from the kids and it was great. The staff was friendly and we were checked in by Yin and she was fabulous! The room was clean and very nice. We had a romance package and when we got back from dinner we found our chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling cider waiting on us. Everything was great. Room was quiet we never heard another soul. Our package also came with a full hot breakfast, including cooked to order omelets! We loved it and will be back for another weekend away. Plus the area is perfect you are near about 15+ excellent restaurants and an awesome movie theater!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, 13 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to complete a survey from your recent stay with us. I want to thank you for the kind comments made about our hotel as well as our staff during your stay. It is greatly appreciated and make sure that it is shared with our staff, especially Yin. I am glad that you could have a relaxing evening with us during your stay.

If there is anything else you would like to mention from your stay or if there is anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

I stayed here for a couple of days while visiting a friend and I had a great stay! The hotel staff was extremely courteous and made me feel really welcome! I will definitley be staying here again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, 8 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel from your stay with us. We do appreciate the feedback and are thankful that your stay was more than you expected, especially with our staff. We feel like we have a great staff here in Chesterfield and they make our hotel the hotel we are today. I am glad that when you are back in the area to visit your friend or check out many of the St. Louis attractions, we are your hotel of choice.

Please let me know if there is anything else you would like to mention from your stay or anything i can do for you in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you and have a great day today!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

I stayed here while visiting my son on his birthday. This is one of the nicer hotels that I've stayed at.

• Stayed March 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to come to Trip Advisor to review your stay with us this year. I am glad we could meet your expectations of Hilton during your visit for your son's birthday. I am glad that you had the chance to come in town for such a fun celebration and we got to be apart of it as well being your hotel of choice.

We hope we have a chance to be your hotel again in the future when you come back to town to visit your soon. If there is anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you for your time and have a great day!
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

Have stayed here three times in the past 12 months. As a Hilton Honors Diamond member my experiences are often a little different and I do get a better room. For some reason that doesn't matter here. It is a nice enough property but the location is not easily accessed from I-64. But the worst part beside the rooms just looking dated is the front desk staff is without fail always clueless or rude. I have just come to expect it at this point that when I stay here I will be underwhelmed. My advice is save the cash and just go to the Hampton up the street which is closer to shops, restaurants and I-64.

Room Tip: Half the rooms face I-64 ask for a room facing south
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review us from your recent stay with us. I want to apologize for the issues you ran into from your stay with us. We are in the process beginning yesterday of laying down brand new carpet in each guest room. This process will go until the end of September. We have also updated each room with brand new televisions as well as 70 channels with HD programming on half of them. We look to continue updates next year as well. Your comments about the staff are very concerning to me and will be addressed today with all the staff. To come off as rude or unwelcoming is absolutely unacceptable and I apologize that you ran into this during your stay.

If there is anything else you would like to mention from your stay or anything I can do for you in the future, please email me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. I do hope you give us another chance when you are in the Chesterfield area. Thank you for your time and have a great day today.