“Kids gone Wild!”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
Brooklyn, New York
“Kids gone Wild!”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn August 31- September 3rd in order to attend a friends wedding. Overall, I can say that the hotel was clean and well appointed and the staff was very friendly. However, Saturday night came and with it a massive horde of teenage hockey players. They ran from one end of the hotel to the other. They pushed all of the elevator buttons, put shampoo on my door handle and I am sure played many other pranks. Now I could have easily gone to the front desk and asked for them to try to get these kids in line, but I knew it was the fault of the chaperones and not the hotel staff.
The reason I bring this up is because on the final night of our stay my friends and I were in another guest's room talking when all of a sudden a woman from the front desk knocks on the door and demands we keep our voices down. Mind you this is a room full of adults and it wasn't even midnight, yet we were being told that we had been disturbing other guests. Our friends had booked the entire hotel for their wedding so we found that sort of difficult to believe that our moderate voices carried through a closed door to disturb people that were in all likelihood one of the folks who went to the wedding. But we obliged her. No more than 30 seconds later the same woman came back and said we were still being too loud and that anyone not staying in the room had to leave. I was stunned. While teenagers were literally wreaking havoc on every floor our room was singled out for disciplinary action. None of us left because we thought it was completely ridiculous but it really soured my experience. Otherwise it would have been a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel from your stay with us. I do apologize for the issues you encountered. Unfortunately, we did have issues with the kids throughout the long weekend. We tried to communicate to each person at check-in and throughout their stay that running throughout the hallway as well as playing "pranks" on other guests was 100% unacceptable. We did have to get their coaches involved and in fact, we did have to end up removing one of the players frmo the hotel.

In regards to your specific situation, I do apologize for the way it was handled. This is something that should be communicated to you that the noise level has increased and has begun to disturb other guests. A chance for you all to reduce that noise should be given instead of coming back a very short time later asking you to keep it down again. I do apologize for this and this has been brought to our team member's attention to whom was involved in the issue so we can learn from this incident.

I do apologize that this resulted in a stay that was less than satisfactory. I do hope you give us another chance if you are in the Chesterfield area again. Have a great day and thank you for your time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Boonville, MO
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We had the best time at the Hilton Garden Inn in Chesterfield, MO. It was really close to the Chesterfield Mall and Chesterfield Commons. The staff was super friendly and the place was very clean.
Even though the hotel was right off of highway 64, we couldn't hear any traffic.
The breakfast buffet was excellent.
We also appreciated the free wifi. Many places still make you pay $9.95 for wifi, but I think that hotels of this standard should offer it free and this hotel does.
Love it and will return.

Room Tip: Great breakfast buffet for $9.95. Free wifi. Awesome location with GREAT shopping within a mile or...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Skipperd222
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel. I want to thank you for the kind words about our hotel and staff. I am glad that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations of Hilton during your stay with us. I will make sure that this is presented to our staff as well. I will agree that the free wifi is a great thing we have here and is a lot faster that what you normally run into regarding hotels.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you for your time and have a great day today!
fort worth
Reviewed 25 August 2012

the pool is extremely small and there was water all around it making it very slippery I almost fell walking around it 4-6 times, it was so loud and I am hearing impaired!!!
the room wasn't very clean
BUT THE KICKER WAS WE ARRIVED AT 2:15 AND WAS TOLD CHECK IN IS 3PM
I mean 45 min early??? My 3 y/o granddaughter with epilepsy needed a nap and you want me to wait in the hot car for 45 min
it was over 100 outside!!!
then when we went back in they didn't even give us the original room, they changed there mind
someone else was complaining in front of me and they changed his room so maybe he got my original?? anyways not a good stay and
a very very hard bed, we turned it to the softest and it didn't change must have been broken?

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review your stay with us. I am deeply sorry about your experience with us. We do try to accommodate as many early check-ins as possible. Was there any attempt to check to see if your room was ready or at least offer a beverage as you sat down and waited for your room? We do try and allow everyone to check-in at THEIR desired time and there may be times a room is not ready. However, not offering you to relax in our lobby or something to eat is a worrisome to me and for that, I do sincerely apologize. We do try to accommodate every guest and all the request. We obviously fell short when you arrived.

If you could contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com so we could possibly discuss this further and what we can do to get you squared away in the future, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time and I hope we have a chance to make it up to you in the future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Another good stay at HGI. Staff always welcomes you, and makes check in a breeze. Great American Grill restaurant on site. Recommend getting the bed & breakfast rate. Breakfast is very good and fresh. Without the B&B rate, breakfast is around $10 per person. Hotel rate was cheaper than other ones researched in general area. Snack shop next to lobby. Pool area wasn't as hot with a heavy chlorine smell like other hotels. Rooms are nice and comfortable. Double beds were comfortable. One was close a wall so had to maneuver getting in and out. Only issue in room was bathroom door would close on its own so either kept door shut or had to prop open with luggage. Always check room before leaving to make sure nothing left behind and found a few things under the bed from previous guests. Fridge and microwave is a huge plus. Need room key to access everywhere so has a secure feel. Plenty of space in lot for parking. 1/2 mile down the road is a large shopping area and many restaurants. Didn't realize this until last day. Area has everything you need without traveling far.

Staff anywhere you go are friendly and accommodating. Definitely will stay again and would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel from your most recent stay with us. I wanted to thank you for the kind comments as well as being a loyal guest of ours anytime you are in the Chesterfield area. I do want to apologize about the issue you encountered with the pool. It may have been at a time the pool or spa's chlorinator was working overtime; however, that should never come across as a heavy smell in the room. For that I do apologize. I am glad that everything else here went well during your stay.

If you have any questions or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and hope we see you again soon! Take care.
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My husband and I came to Chesterfield for a long weekend and had the best time!!! The hotel was very nice. Cammie in the restaurant went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and to make our stay memorable. The breakfast buffet in the morning was very very good. And Cammie is right there in the back making an omelette with whatever you want in it. Tracy at the bar was so nice and talked to us while she made us lemon drop shots one evening!! :) The staff at the front desk was always very friendly when we walked by - especially Sherry and Derrick. The room was very nice. The bed was wonderful!! And the location of the hotel is really just perfect. It is sort of off the beaten path but so close to everything. We ate at California Pizza Kitchen one night at the mall just a few miles away. And went to Walmart and the Fox and the Hound another night which are both also very very close by. We are already planning our next trip for the fall and can't wait to stay at this hotel again!!!! Truly a comfortable nice place to stay for a good price and wonderful, attentive service.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Thank you so much for the kind comments about our hotel and especially our staff. All four members that you mentioned (Derrick, Sherry, Cammie and Tracy) are all big parts to our hotel and I am glad we could make you all feel welcome during your stay with us recently.

If there is anything else you would like to mention from your stay or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today!
Texas
Reviewed 25 July 2012 via mobile

The facility is Hilton worthy,clean with nice appointed rooms. The room was a little smallish. Requested room with queens but it was declined as they "already had us booked in a king". I know there was queens available as at the desk check n she took a couple calls while we were waiting to check in. She had reviewed what was available with caller...so adult son slept on fold out couch.
The breakfast was 10/pp so we skipped as we always eat light at breakfast so that seemed steep. I was too tired to use gym or pool so cannot comment on that. There was plenty of parking, it felt safe.
It was a little difficult to spot entrance as sign was not lit at night. I had to circle back on highway and off again

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to come to Trip Advisor to review your recent stay with us. I do apologize that you feel that staff did not treat you with the service that all of our guests deserve. All of our rooms that have two beds are double beds and not queen size beds. Did you happen to book through a third party (Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, etc)? The reason I ask is that they book it as whatever rooms are left and not a specific room type. It may have come across to us as a King Size bed room. July was a busy month for rooms with two beds and I do apologize that we were not able to accomodate you during your stay. The breakfast is a made to order breakfast and gives you many more options than a normal continental breakfast. I am sorry you were not able to enjoy this while you were with us.

If you do find yourself in the Chesterfield area again, please let me know at Travis.Young@hilton.com. That way I can make sure we book the right room for you so you get all that you need.

Thank you for your time and have a great day today!
Defiance, Missouri
Reviewed 22 July 2012

A classic HI GI, reverse layout and smaller version. room was a little musty and property sold out, a lot of kids playing up till 1000pm then quieted down. Same as all the others, you wont be surprised!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
travisyoung, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Chesterfield, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel from your recent stay. I apologize for the loudiness of the kids while you were here as well as the musty smell you got when you entered your room. I know the heat has been a big challenge for us this summer; however, you should never receive that type of smell upon entering a room. I do apologize for this.

We are going to be going through a few significant changes here over the next year. We will be going through a renovation in our lobby, restaurant and front desk later this year. And next year, we are really excited for brand new case goods in our rooms. Hopefully this will give our guests a better version of Hilton Garden Inn.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything else I can do for you in the future, please contact me at Travis.Young@hilton.com. Thank you for your time and have a great day today!