“Nice stay - fair price” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Chesterfield
winchester, Kentucky
“Nice stay - fair price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

On a recent trip to St Louis for a family gathering we were looking for a hotel near Ballwin Mo and we selected this Hampton Inn on Exit 19B on I-64. We usually have a good experience at a Hampton and this was no different. The bed was comfy, the indoor pool was nice and the breakfast was good. This hotel was about $110 per night and less expensive than the others at this exit. If you are looking for a good hotel for a nite or two, this is one I recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chuck M, General Manager at Hampton Inn St Louis/Chesterfield, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you for the great review of my hotel. I hope you will come back and stay with us soon.

Chuck Meckfessel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

We stayed Monday after the 12" snow storm on Sunday. The lot was cleared and the room was warm and quit. The pool looked inviting but we were tired so we enjoyed the room. Staff was great and breakfast was great.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chuck M, General Manager at Hampton Inn St Louis/Chesterfield, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! It is good to know are guest love staying with us!

Breckenridge, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

Stayed there on cross country trip. Easy access from and to US-40/I-64. Clean comfortable room. Friendly, helpful staff. Complementary breakfast with a very good variety. Pet friendly facility, very clean and no noticeable evidence of pets having been there - kudos to housekeeping staff for their work. Met what is expected from the Hampton Inn brand. Definitely would stay there again.

Cleanliness
Chuck M, General Manager at Hampton Inn St Louis/Chesterfield, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you for great review for your recent stay at our hotel. It is very gratifying to know we gave you a great Hampton Experience....that's our goal!

Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again on our arrivals list soon!

Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

I am a HHonors gold member and have stayed at many Hampton Inn's and other Hilton brand properties. I love the chain and have always been happy with my previous stays, until this one. I chose the hotel because of the lower point redemption level despite having mediocre reviews. The property is fine, you can tell parts have been remodeled although some aspects still show their age. Breakfast was fine as usual for Hamptons. Now for the negatives. The pool was closed for maintenance which is understandable but still left my young children disappointed. The main problem though stemmed around us getting in later than planned (around 11 pm). When we got into our room we naturally made some noise as we got situated for bed. Within 5 minutes of being in our room one of the neighbors was calling to complain (perhaps the walls are paper thin / no insulation) followed by the front desk calling us. Really? You can't give us 5 minutes to get situated? But that wasn't it. A few minutes later, we were all (2 adults, 3 young children) sleeping (i.e. no noise) and the front desk lady begins knocking on the door. I slept through it and only realized she had been knocking when my wife woke me up. You would think this would be the end, but it wasn't. She then proceeded to go back down and call our room. Seriously? You stand outside our room and hear that there is no noise, yet still feel the need to pound on our door and then proceed to call our room? Who was really making noise at this point? A little common sense would have went a long way in this situation. Unfortunately, there was none to be found at the front desk. The next morning we got out of there as fast as we could. We debated even showering because we were afraid we would disturb our cranky neighbors again. I have stayed in many hotels and have never been called for being too loud (post college days anyway). This was a horribly disappointing start to our vacation. To their credit, they did honor their satisfaction guarantee and credited back the points I had used. In all fairness, the hotel itself wasn't terrible. I would consider staying there again for a quick overnight by myself but certainly would not bring my children back there.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sunofthebeach
Chuck M, General Manager at Hampton Inn St Louis/Chesterfield, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We value your candor, and I’m sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory. We want every guest at our hotel has a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I’m sorry that this was not the case with you. I would like to contact you to find out some more information so i may correct you issues!! I hope that you will come back to the area and give us the opportunity to change your opinion and let you know how much we really do value all of guests. .

Again, thank you for the review. We really do appreciate feedback. It lets us know what we are doing right and where we need to improve.

Should you have any further concerns or additional comments, please let me know. I can be reached by email at chuck.meckfessel@hilton.com, by phone at 636.537.2500 or, if you prefer, I would be happy to call you at your convenience.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

The staff at the hotel especially Stephanie at check-in and Samantha in housekeeping were wonderful. The 24 hour Bigelow teas and always hot coffee were a great touch in the lobby. Breakfast each morning had lots of selections with waffles, eggs, sausage, potatoes, oatmeal and cereal fruit
He hot tub is showing it's age but otherwise there have been updates in the rooms like USB plugins next to th bèd.
We had n incident that was handled quickly and professionally by the staff and I was very pleased by the outcome. If we return to the area again this will be on my favorite hotel list
The hotel is nice located near Chesterfield mall, the interstate and plenty of restaurants. It is only about 25 Mia to the Arch as well

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I'm glad to know that your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable. I will pass along you wonderful comments to stephanie and Samantha. I hope that you'll stay with us again if you are in the area.

minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

Could find nothing wrong here. Only here one night, but everything was great. Great access from freeway. Room very clean, good internet, good breakfast. Was in a good safe location also. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I'm glad to know that your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable. I really appreciate your kind remarks and hope that you'll stay with us again if you are in the area.

Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

The Hampton Inn in Chesterfield, MO has given us a great long weekend. The staff were all extremely helpful and were always asking if they could help or to please ask if we needed help or additional items to make our visit a pleasure. My wife is often disappointed when she get hot water from a dispenser only to find the after taste of coffee from carafe having been used for coffee. Not at this hotel. She got hot water for Tea and it was fresh,pure hot water with no taste of coffee. Thank you for keeping the carafe for water pure from coffee use.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for your great review of our hotel! . I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon.