“You'll thank yourself for giving Uptown Cafe a try!”
Review of Uptown Cafe

Cuisines: American
Description: phone #: 314-721-0393
Description: phone #: 314-721-0393
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband and I dined at Uptown Cafe again last night. This small restaurant is located on the west side of Meramec, tucked in between Bonhomme and Carondelet in Clayton.

It had been a while since we were there, and we had both decided on pasta. It was disappointing to learn they were out of both types of canneloni, but that's how it goes. (At least you always know the pasta is fresh and homemade here!)

As our backup plan, we decided to build a New York style pizza with pepperoni, Italian sausage, red onion, fresh garlic, and fresh basil. We were not disappointed as our order emerged as a loaded down, piping hot pie with great flavors and a delectable garlic crust. (It was better than anything we have tried before at Pi or Dewey's Pizza - and we like both places!)

The entire menu is good, and the daily specials are an excellent value. We are big fans of the pizza/salad special that is always available ($8.50 for 9" thin crust + small house salad/$10.00 for a 9" New York style crust + small house salad), and the staff here does a terrific job of keeping things moving. You will never need to ask for your drink to be refilled.

In addition to the great food and the great people at Uptown, they also participate in the Entertainment book program. There is both a coupon in the Entertainment book and an on-line coupon (25% off up to $20) that you can print from the Entertainment.com site monthly.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a good meal. It is suitable for business lunches, meeting with friends, or dining out with your kids. (If you have a large group, I would encourage you to call ahead.)

Reviewed 12 January 2013

We were looking for a place to go for lunch that would have great food and not break the bank. After reading the previous review, we decided to try it, and it was perfect. A cozy atmosphere, (the room had about 14 tables), and one waitress that did a very good job of helping everyone. My husband ordered the Big Bad Burrito, and I enjoyed their veggie sandwich--I know it sounds simple, but it was one of the best sandwiches I've had in a long time. The house-made potato chips were great too. Service was very good. I would highly recommend eating here, the food was awesome and prices very reasonable.

Reviewed 3 August 2011

This is one of my favorite places to take friends to for lunch. Parking can be touch and go sometimes but well worth the walk if you need to park a bit away. The outdoor seating is very limited but you're not missing out on anything if you don't get a seat there. And there's only one waitress, but it's a small venue. The service is , in fact , very good so don't let the "one waitress" comment keep you from going. The food is soooo good! One of my favorite appetizers is the " Manhattan Bruschetta". They also have pizza and salad combos very reasonably priced (lots of choices too), a great selection of appetizers, salads,sandwiches, pizzas, pastas, desserts and beverages , including a wine list. So,do yourself a favor and check this place out. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Their hours are 11:00am to 3:00pm then again from 5:00pm til 9:00pm Monday -Friday.

2  Thank azuriz