“Great food....Very poor service”
Review of Tani Sushi Bistro

Tani Sushi Bistro
Ranked #21 of 68 Restaurants in Clayton
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Description: Welcome to Tani Sushi Bistro – offering traditional and fusion-style sushi, stunning signature rolls, as well as classic Japanese cuisine. The highest quality ingredients are complemented by stunning Japanese décor, created as original art from Asian artists. To that, we add superlative service, always deferential to your tastes and desires.
Chicago
“Great food....Very poor service”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I have been here several times because the food is unbelievable. ... Creative, very well blended rolls. ... extremely fresh and flavorful nagiri, and a great selection of sakis. Unfortunately, since the previous manager left, the service has gone downhill. Ordered my meal and it literally took 25 for the server to bring it out (even though I saw it sitting at the end of the sushi bar for 10 minutes). Food was attempted to have been taken away from twice while I was still eating.
I'd love to come back, but will probably wait until I read a few positive reviews.

Reading, Pennsylvania
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend was at Tani once before. We went together while I was visiting him for his birthday. Everything was fantastic! Great items on the menu to choose from. We didn't have a reservation but they accommodated us at the sushi bar. Great service. Great atmosphere. Next time we go we'll remember to make reservations ahead of time. Or visit during the week instead of a Fri night.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good food; frustrating on reservations”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We knew we wanted to try this place. And, as luck would have it, the timing of our visit fell during Restaurant Week. So, we were worried about getting in. We started calling in the morning to see if we could make a reservation for later that night. No answer. I tried to make a reservation on OpenTable but they're not on that. I went to the website and saw that I could make a reservation that way - except it wouldn't let me. I called back more throughout the day. I probably called...no joke...8 times...and I either got a recording, a busy signal or a different recording. I never once got a person. We ended up adjusting our plans and went early...around 5 p.m....to try and get in. First thing they asked us, "Do you a reservation?" Are you kidding? We were so annoyed, we didn't even explain what we had been through. Our dinner though was good.

Visited January 2014
Indianapolis, IN
“Stick with the sushi & nothing else”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I love Tani to do take-out of sit-in service. The rolls are always good and the service is great. I would not recommend straying though from the sushi menu as they try to reinvent a lot of the traditional Asian dishes and they just come out wrong.

Visited December 2013
St. Louis
“Good sushi”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

A wide variety of sushi. Very good flavors and textures. It can become busy but the service was good and not delayed.

• Visited November 2013