“Excellent service!”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Brazilian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We had a great experience with our visit. Went for wife's birthday and got price of her meal taken off. The waiter and goucho were great, very friendly and the meat kept coming. I seen some bad reviews about service and timeliness but we had a great experience. Depends on the day and/or crowd I guess. Food was good and the atmosphere was great too. It was a fun experience. Price was kind of high without the discount but all you can eat meat I think it's worth it.

1  Thank Kyle F

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We waited an hour for a table for two people. Server took 15 minutes to get us plates. Gaucho got us 1 tongs after 20 minutes in. Meat portion size was too small. Meat was overcooked. Meat was under seasoned. Caramelized bananas were raw. Mashed potatoes with melted cheese were cold and cheese was not melted. Salad bar was under-stocked, and looked like some kids got to it. Home Town Buffet has a better salad bar. Ruby Tuesdays has a better salad bar. Ruby Tuesday cooks their steaks and chicken properly as well. $40 for 10 pieces of anemic, dried out meat, is not what I would call a good restaurant.

3  Thank TastyMagazine
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I didn't think it was possible to go to a Brazilian steakhouse and leave hungry, until I visited this place with a coworker and our respective families. The waiter was great: funny, informative, prompt... but the "Feast of Meats" simply wasn't a feast at all.

After the initial chicken and pork runs, the meats took longer and longer to arrive, to a point where our table of 7 was waiting 15-20 MINUTES for anything to be offered. Our very funny waiter then would show up and ask "what else would you like to eat tonight" as if we had been getting anything in the first place. When I finally told him that we were still waiting for meats, he ran to the kitchen and minutes later a waiter appeared with... wait for it, wait for it... ONE piece of picanha meat! One piece, maybe 3-4 ounces. For 7 people. I'm not kidding, we had to ask him to cut it in pieces so we all could have a taste. This happened not once, not twice, but THREE times. We were literally laughing at being almost starved... in a Brazilian steakhouse, of all places.

We eventually figured out they had had ran out of meats in the pit and were probably praying that we and the other few customers would just go home and leave them alone. The poor waiter was probably too embarassed to even ask how everything was... It was pathetic.

So we had a good laugh at how ridiculous the whole situation was, then we left and agreed to NEVER go back to this place again. Brazikat, you give Brazilian steakhouses a bad name.

4  Thank MiGtraveler
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We called up to see if we needed reservations for 2 on a Sunday and were told we didn't. When we got there we were seated promptly.

We went for my birthday month as you can get a free meal (up to $39.95) for a birthday person as long as you have a paying meal. We opted for the Surf and Turf as I wanted some fish (a $59,95/person meal). Also got a bottle of wine which ended up being one of those half size bottles ($22--$5 less than a full size bottle at the Wine Merchant across the street). Basically this was expensive to me. After dinner we had dessert as well and the bill was $140ish with tip.

We had a small salad from the salad bar (had no idea which dressing was which as there were no labels and I was hesitant to put my finger in and lick it) and some pasta salads--all good. The waitress tried to take away my plate before I had completed my salad and it felt like it was a no-no to go back to salad once you started with the meat but that could have been my perception.

They give you slices of small toasts (4 of em) and 4 little fried bread balls as your "bread." The sides with the meal were a salsa (eh), some bananas (eh) and potato casserole (too much garlic and I love garlic!). Throughout the meal they never offered to refill the breads or sides despite them being eaten.

The skewers of meat started coming and you need to use the tongs not you fork to pick up the meat--they get after you. We had all the meat but the ribs--we never saw these until we were paying our bill. Despite frequent assurances that if we liked something we could have more we did not get seconds on any of the beefs until we had asked at least 2-3 times. They bring one rack of crab legs after you ask a couple times. I got 2 of each type of shrimp but despite my dining partner not wanting hers the guy kept taking the 2 untouched shrimp away--reasons to always get all the food on your plate and just give it to someone else in your party if you don't want it. The meats were all good--the sausage maybe a bit too spicy (not hot spicy just spices spicy). Pork steak was done right. Chicken juicy. Turkey wrapped in bacon--what can you say? Beef dependent upon if you got the right cooked-to temp (pink or not). The guys didn't make many rounds but we still ate our fill and left full--I had to be full before I left.

They brought around the dessert plate about 1/2 through the meal and we opted to split one piece of the salted caramel cheesecake--very good!

When we paid they wanted my ID and it took them a while to bring it back--I guess to verify my birthday?

Not a bad meal but expensive. It was an experience and I don't need to go back for the $$.

3  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

We went for restaurant week and wanted to try this place. We were really excited going out as a group from work and we made a reservation for 10 at 8pm bc the manager told us this would be the best time, we show up early and as expected the table is not ready. We went to the bar and got great service, great drinks... Mingled with other guests. Around 8:30 we grew impatient and a round of appetizers were passed bc the table wasn't ready. We were offered a round of drinks at 9pm. And again at 9:30 more appetizers came out. Around 10pm we started becoming restless, by 10:15 we finally got seated. The menu was different from what was advertised but we were all pleased with the variety of meats. The only thing negative was that we weren't told that dessert was extra. Overall we are going home stuffed and happy, food great, just expect a delay on promotional days even if you arrive 30 minutes before your reservation. The owner sam is wonderful. He definitely made out night worth while. Very friendly and very apologetic! I would come back on a non promotional night to enjoy the atmosphere...

1  Thank T1ffanym11