“Great Food”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Mount Vernon, Illinois
“Great Food”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Brazikat offers a unique experience. Great ambiance, great salad bar and great food. The meals are basically vegeterian plate, meat and seafood. Once has access to unlimited salad bar and main course as well. Main course, that is different type of meat are brought in hot straight from the kitchen and the cut is made in front of you. You can try upto 6-7 types of meat. So a great place for meat lovers who just dont want to stick to one entree. I would definitely recommend you go with friends. However, don't take a date along. You don'y want the server, who by the way do a great job of feeding you disturb your romantic evening.

All in all a great place to hangout with friends or family.

Visited March 2014

Redding, California
“Never again!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

The experience was bad from beginning to end and the bad taste still lingers. We arrived and found that the only parking was a garage that charged $1 per half hour or valet for $4. We opted for the valet but the one spot with a valerie bag over the meter had an suv parked in it and after 3 passes we gave ip since no valet was there. We parked in the garage and took the elevator up to the hotel and walked over to the restaurant. After I opened the door for my wife we were greeted by a surprised valet who was playing on his phone out of the cold. He did try to open the second set of doors for us or anything. We were seated promptly since we arrived at 5:30. It didn't take long for our waiter totaled our drink order and inform us of the salad bar. The salad bar was decent but the three dressings were not labeled and all I can say is they were not ranch, blue cheese, Italian or french. My Martini arrived shortly after although not in the standard glass and with a substitute vodka since although their menu advertised Belvedere they did not carry it. We were there with s voucher for to feasts which advertised of meat and seafood. Arriving skeptical of receiving the best feasts available we expected the cheapest Feast of Meats. Wrong! They expected us to get the vegetarian feast for free with the voucher. Seriously!? At a Brazilian restaurant!? We orders the feast of meats agreeing to pay the extra $30. The meats were slow to come and one was do bloody my wife had to ask for another plate. I opted not to but the beef blood mixed with the other meats brought after. The waiter didn't bother to bring her another dinner plate. He just went to the salad bar and brought her a smaller plate from there. It was plenty big enough for the one or two slivers or pieces of meat they gave you each time which was at least 10 minutes between servings. After half an hour I requested the lamb since there was none passed yet and I wanted that most of all. My wife overheard the waiter at the table next to us describe the fried plantains that he brought to them. Since he was the same waiter for us we flagged him down and asked if that was available to us also. After a little back and forth unsure if it wad included or for an extra charge he agreed to bring us a plate. They were dry and bland as was all the food that night. Another hour and 45 minutes passed although asking twice again for the lamb before it arrived and I was given two small pieces of it. We asked about a dessert that was included in the feast but was told none was included. He went for the dessert tray so I mentioned to my wife that I thought the feast included caramelized banannas. She thought the same but since the waiter said there wasn't any desserts included we figured it was another advertising scam. We ordered the salted caramel cake and was satisfied with it. It took another 15 minutes between requesting the check and receiving our receipt but the experience was over, or so we thought. We attempted to retrace our steps to arrive back at our vehicle only to discover the doors to the hotel and access to the elevators was locked st 7 pm. There were no stairs to sevens the parking garage so we had to walk in the car lane round and round until we finally made it to our parking space. Upon leaving we paid the $5 and were on our way. Today I was finally ready to write this review so I looked up their website to verify the info before writing and discovered not only should the caramelized banannas have been included but the also advertise free parking in their garage! This not was not only a waste of time and money but I feel scammed by all of the false advertising. Never again will I visit this establishment.

3 Thank RevDoPray
Tuscola, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We had a great experience with our visit. Went for wife's birthday and got price of her meal taken off. The waiter and goucho were great, very friendly and the meat kept coming. I seen some bad reviews about service and timeliness but we had a great experience. Depends on the day and/or crowd I guess. Food was good and the atmosphere was great too. It was a fun experience. Price was kind of high without the discount but all you can eat meat I think it's worth it.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Kyle F
Columbia, Illinois
“False advertisings!!!!!”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We waited an hour for a table for two people. Server took 15 minutes to get us plates. Gaucho got us 1 tongs after 20 minutes in. Meat portion size was too small. Meat was overcooked. Meat was under seasoned. Caramelized bananas were raw. Mashed potatoes with melted cheese were cold and cheese was not melted. Salad bar was under-stocked, and looked like some kids got to it. Home Town Buffet has a better salad bar. Ruby Tuesdays has a better salad bar. Ruby Tuesday cooks their steaks and chicken properly as well. $40 for 10 pieces of anemic, dried out meat, is not what I would call a good restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank TastyMagazine
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Hunger Games”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I didn't think it was possible to go to a Brazilian steakhouse and leave hungry, until I visited this place with a coworker and our respective families. The waiter was great: funny, informative, prompt... but the "Feast of Meats" simply wasn't a feast at all.

After the initial chicken and pork runs, the meats took longer and longer to arrive, to a point where our table of 7 was waiting 15-20 MINUTES for anything to be offered. Our very funny waiter then would show up and ask "what else would you like to eat tonight" as if we had been getting anything in the first place. When I finally told him that we were still waiting for meats, he ran to the kitchen and minutes later a waiter appeared with... wait for it, wait for it... ONE piece of picanha meat! One piece, maybe 3-4 ounces. For 7 people. I'm not kidding, we had to ask him to cut it in pieces so we all could have a taste. This happened not once, not twice, but THREE times. We were literally laughing at being almost starved... in a Brazilian steakhouse, of all places.

We eventually figured out they had had ran out of meats in the pit and were probably praying that we and the other few customers would just go home and leave them alone. The poor waiter was probably too embarassed to even ask how everything was... It was pathetic.

So we had a good laugh at how ridiculous the whole situation was, then we left and agreed to NEVER go back to this place again. Brazikat, you give Brazilian steakhouses a bad name.

• Visited February 2014