“Convenient, Decent Food, Okay Service”
Review of C.J. Muggs

C.J. Muggs
Ranked #20 of 69 Restaurants in Clayton
Jackson, Mississippi
“Convenient, Decent Food, Okay Service”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Snowed in at my hotel, CJ Muggs was the most convenient restaurant within walking distance. The atmosphere is great: a true pub. The service from our host and the runners was great, but our actual server was not so wonderful. As for the food, it was decent. I had a very weird salisbury steak and mushroom soup, but an absolutely delicious sandwich and amazing fries! Dessert left a lot to be desired.

• Visited February 2013

Colorado
“Okay convenient place”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Was near our hotel and we ate lunch a couple times there. 1st was on weekday when busy with local office workers. Sandwiches and chicken fingers were normal restaurant fare in that they were filling buy nothing to rave about. Service was nice. Liked sitting outside and watching people go by.
2nd time was a Sunday with only a few customers at the bar. Initially treated like we were a pain in the rear to hostess and waitstaff. Our salads were great big, though rather bland. Again, filled us up so serviceable in that regard. Waitress attitude did gradually improve for some reason and she was much nicer and more helpful.

Visited July 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Very Good”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

My wife and I shared the Muffaleta and it was Delicious. Also had the chicken fingers and they had some killing wing dipping sauce. Very reasonably priced.

Visited May 2012
“Nice Old Webster Staple”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Always a nice meal and good service at this staple of Old Webster Groves

Visited March 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
“Fair”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I was staying at a nearby hotel for a conference and walked to C.J. Muggs for dinner. It was a Friday during Lent, so I wanted some seafood. I opted for their "specialty," beer sauteed shrimp and rice. It consisted of 5 or 6 small-medium shrimp with a spoonful of rice and a couple of pieces of melba-type toast, for $10.00. The price was reasonable (?), but not really for what I got. Also, the spices were not to my liking, although that, of course, is personal preference. At least the beer was cold. If I went back I'd definitely try something else.

• Visited March 2012