“Friendly Staff and Thoughtful Hotel Service”

Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Clayton
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This was my first time staying at this hotel but my second time there for a conference. Like before, the staff was very helpful and friendly. Everyone acknowledged you with a friendly "hello" or "how are you today?"

We were there for a military Yellow Ribbon event and in the lobby there is a large table with fresh flower arrangements. All the flowers were done in yellow. I know it's a small thing, but I really thought it was a nice gesture from the hotel. Very thoughtful.

The parking situation can be a little confusing for first time guests, and coming out of the garage is very confusing. I would say this is my only real complaint.

The rooms were clean, nice, and comfortable.

I had an old neck injury flare up while I was there and on Saturday I asked the front desk if they knew of any chiropractors in the area. I just expected them to give me some numbers for me to call around myself, but they didn’t. The gentleman at the front desk actually called around to nearby offices to see about getting me in. Unfortunately, they were already closed by the time we called. However, I did appreciate the extra effort by the staff to try to accommodate my needs.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
RonJuneman, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

It was an honor to host the Yellow Ribbon event.

Thank you for your kind remarks, especially those recognizing the friendly and helpful services provided by our Associates.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night to attend a concert. It was easy to find and we easily found a parking space in the parking garage. We paid for parking and they offered in room internet for one dollar more. The hotel is average, some parts look dated but the furniture was more modern looking. The rooms are small but quiet. You can sit on the toliet and see the tv. We found a used coffee lid beside the coffee pot. Yuck. We had the breakfast buffet. It is not worth the money.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
RonJuneman, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Thank you for your posting. We were delighted to see you enjoyed your quiet visit to the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel. Our location is ideal for attending concerts, enjoying all the dining options in Clayton or St. Louis and for shopping at Galleria Shopping Mall. I was disappointed to hear we missed some details in our housekeeping and food and beverage operations.

You do us a great service by taking the time out of your busy schedule to write. It is through concerned guests, such as yourself, that we gain insight into areas of our business that require attention or areas that may have otherwise gone unnoticed.

I have shared your thoughts with the Food and Beverage and Housekeeping teams and they asked I extend their apologies to you. They are all focused on providing a much better dining and housekeeping experience than what you encountered.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your comments with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

My sister and I stayed here on a trip to St. Louis last spring. It was very clean and comfortable. We really took advantage of the bar and the bartender was amazing. I wish I remembered his name because he was just fantastic. It was within walking distance of some really amazing restaurants. It was also easy for us to get around town. Going back in March and I will be staying at the Sheraton again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
RonJuneman, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Thank you for the 4 star rating you gave your experience with us. We especially appreciate you mentioning the friendly services you received. We believe that the gracious hospitality extended by each of our associates is what separates us from our competition in the greater St. Louis area.

We look forward to your next visit.

Ron Juneman

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel when we were visiting STL earlier this year. This hotel is right off the expressway, just a 6 mile drive to the downtown area. This Sheraton is a beautiful hotel, very plush. Hubby and I enjoyed the comfy beds, so we slept in real late each day which was a treat. This had to be one of the cleanest Sheratons that I have ever stayed at, and the employees really go above and beyond to guarantee you the best possible stay for your money. Speaking of money, I won this hotel on Priceline and it was a total steal for the price I paid (58% off of the standard rate.)

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick and Diana T

Thank you for the perfect 5 star rating you gave your experience with us. We appreciate you pointing out the comfort of our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bedding and our great location.

We truly look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

My pregnant wife wanted a few nights away(staycation), so we stayed at the clayton location. Staff was very friendly. We enjoyed the executive lounge, swimming pool and the bar! Because we only 1 night I didn't get to check out everything else they had to offer. We will be back for sure. As far as value and location it's pretty hard to beat! Thanks Again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
RonJuneman, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you for the high rating and kind remarks you made regarding your recent experience with us.

We truly look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

This hotel is great for the price! It is well-situated and perfectly clean. Staff is very helpful. Rooms are nice. Booked this through another website but I was hoping for this hotel. We needed a refrigerator for meds and there it was!

Room Tip: Call ahead to make sure about your room confirmation. Always a good idea. You do have to pay for par...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
RonJuneman, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent visit to the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel. Our Clayton address comes with world-class shopping, quick access to Washington University, Forest Park and so much more. We believe the difference between our hotel and others in St. Louis is the friendliness of our Associates. We work hard to provide each guest a personalized and warm welcome. In your case, I was delighted to see we immediately provided you complimentary use of a refrigerator upon request.

Thanks again for sharing so many nice comments. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

i loved my stay at the Sheraton. it was made much better by the price I was able to get. the only reason i haven't stayed there again is because those good prices are hard to fine. if you can find what you would consider a good price, stay at this Sheraton. it is in downtown Clayton so close to most everything in the area. i loved the pool. my room was light and clean. no downside for me during my stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
RonJuneman, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel. You are correct, our location is fantastic. Guests may use our complimentary shuttle services to enjoy Clayton’s wonderful selection of fine restaurants or shop at the Galleria Mall or visit the sites around Forest Park. A quick MetroLink ride gets you at the doorstep of the Arch or the stadiums downtown.

We work diligently to offer quality services at a competitive price. Our over-sized indoor pool next to the Sheraton Fitness center is quite popular with all our guests.

Thanks again for sharing your comments. We look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Seven Gables Inn
#4 of 5 in Clayton
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch

Been to Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!